Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 WOW!!!! I missed a couple of days, just caught up on reading...Onederland, Size 12 Jean's, 3.6lb loss. Holy Smokes Girl awesome job!

@Katmary71 have you thought of getting a food sensitivity test? My natural path suggested I get one and so glad I did. I was going in circles because as I cut foods out I was still eating others I was
    sensitive to. I cut out all the foods mid range and up on my list then introduced them back in slowly to see what I could tolerate.

@raleighgirl09 I was thinking about your "fish bowl" reference. You may feel like a fish in a bowl but others would see you as an inspirational speaker on a stage. You've had great success at weightloss which isnt easy. Who wouldn't want to follow you around and mimic what you're eating
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Great weigh-in! I was doing Paleo, tried adding in beans, then took them out and added potatoes. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I follow AIP and anti-inflammatory groups on Facebook so I know I should go all-in. I'm also allergic to latex and there's a connection to foods like nightshades, bananas, apples, and kiwis so I may just cut that stuff soon and see what happens. I just went shopping so I'll probably do it after my birthday since I want a treat for it!

@trooworld I hope the sleeping pill keeps on working and you're able to get a decent-night's rest. Sleep makes a huge difference in my pain levels.

@raleighgirl09 Have an awesome weekend, can't wait to hear what crazy stuff you got yourself into!

@Jactop What kind of diet have you had success with? At minimum I know I'll be keeping sugar and gluten out. You got this, just remember how awful you felt!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Jactop I'm talking to my doctor next week about a GI doctor but I'm still fighting all the referrals that keep getting denied from a few months ago. I'm not working so aside of the genetic testing I did that showed gluten issues I haven't had any other testing. I'm basically on my own doing the best I can.

@BethB554 Just keep doing your best! There's nothing wrong with maintaining for awhile, sometimes not focusing on losing makes the stress eating easier. It's been the case with me while I'm in all this pain, cutting calories made me more likely to overeat so I'm sitting a little above where I'd like to be.

Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, abs, stretching, Kundalini yoga, chakra meditation, earth energy healing
    Steps- 8000

Got to the store, yay! I dropped some cactus off at a neighbor's house who posted looking for free plants, glad they went to a good home! She wasn't home but sent me a bunch of pictures of her garden, I'm going over there with more stuff early next week. Not much else, been watching Ratched on Netflix which is weird. Waiting to hear from my professor so I can catch up with my class.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @BethB554 Does going to the gym help relieve some of the stress? I can imagine it probably would? Congrats on the loss! I think you absolutely should keep going: you are worth it!

@Katmary71 Thanks, me too! My friend told me about Ratched on Netflix. She said it reminded her of American Horror Story. Did it remind you of AHS?

Hello all. I am trying so desperately to bring fall weather to southern California lol. Last night, I made a fall-like salad, it was called the Fall Harvest Honeycrisp Apple and Kale Salad. It had pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, feta, crispy prosciutto, apple slices on a bed of kale tossed with a caramelized shallot vinaigrette. It was really good. It didn't bring fall weather: it was still in the 90s yesterday lol. Here's the recipe, in case anyone is interested: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/apple-and-kale-salad/ Today I have to get my car fixed. I hope it's not too expensive. I'll post my weigh-in later, my husband is still sleeping in the room where our scale is in. Lazy bum lol. j/k

Friday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    @TerrsaW1020 - Congratulations, this is awesome!!! And so inspiring!

• Hilogirl2018
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm sorry the anti-inflammatory diet hasn't given you the best results yet. You've probably already ruled this out, but any possibility tomatoes are a trigger for you? When I looked into a more rigid anti-inflammatory diet after following paleo for years, I was disappointed to see that I couldn't have tomatoes because they're in the nightshade family. Just a thought.

@raleighgirl09 If you get a new tattoo, we'd love to see it! Hoping the interview translates into a job!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Your arrangement with your daughter sounds like a great start! A mutual support system is so important. Also, you're not a bad mom for sneaking candy! You're going through a lot, and you weren't able to help yourself in those moments, but that's entirely separate from how you've parented your daughter- please don't be so hard on yourself.

@petrocoetsee yay for a good week and all the positivity!

@TeresaW1020 I know I already congratulated you, but WOW, what a whoosh this past week! Thrilled for you!

@trooworld Waking up every hour is progress? I am sorry, that still sounds so hard. Hugs. I'm a lifelong insomniac, but my insomnia isn't that bad right now.

@Jactop I know just what you mean about the pain and inflammation caused by sugar- I'm that sensitive, too. Feel it in every joint, and achy all over like the flu.

However, I've learned that cutting it out completely isn't sustainable for me. I want to bake and enjoy my amazing chocolate chip cookies, a good piece of chocolate, a slice of birthday cake. I did keto for 3 years and didn't cheat once- no sugar. Baked plenty of keto treats instead. And I gradually came to hate eating. I was at a healthy weight, but wasn't happy with my restricted food choices after 3 years. I missed watermelon and cherries and so many other fruits besides berries. So now, I try to carefully manage my sugar intake by having a dessert every day within an hour after eating dinner, and then I close my eating window. So far, so good. No added inflammation pain since I've been limiting-but not eliminating- my sugar intake.

But it requires vigilance! I'm certainly prone to overindulging if I eat sugar earlier in the day.
  • Hilogirl2018
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I should've read all the posts first! Now I have more I need to respond to lol.

@BethB554 I'm sorry you are under so, so much stress with your daughter. Sometimes when life is so chaotic, controlling one thing can help anchor you BUT at the same time, you have to be extra forgiving of yourself. This is not the time to worry about perfection, or even progress- maybe just *try* each day for one goal that's important to you to: getting your water or movement in, or tracking your food. Just try, and know it won't be perfect.

@Katmary71 This is what I get for responding before I've read all the way through- you've clearly already thought of nightshades as a possible trigger. AIP didn't work for me, but I'm sure it can work- plenty of people seem to have success with it. I admire you so much for sticking it out!

@trooworld Yum, that salad! Saving that recipe, thanks!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I can tell you're feeling better! It's so great to hear about your walks. Being in nature is very good for depression.

@Cornanda Amazing loss this week!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 136.8kg
    CW: 136.1kg
    LTD: 2.2kg
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Just a quick a drive by. After not doing anything since forever, we decided to go this weekend away. We arrived last night at a lake house and it has been so shockingly relaxing ever since. I walked 20,000 steps today, had one drink and one meal, and another of each is coming up soon 😎
    Work has been increasingly stressful, sleep has been pretty bad and all that piled up for months now. But this exact minute is good !
    Have a good night everyone 😄
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld That salad sounds amazing!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I think it's wonderful that you're doing this with your daughter! Congratulations on getting that first day behind you, you got this!

@Cornanda Awesome loss, way to go!

@Hilogirl2018 I'm very reluctantly admitting to myself that I have to try cutting nightshades, I have a second reason as I'm allergic to latex and of course they fall under that as allergens too along with fruit I eat every day. Honestly, I've chopped so much I'm really irritated over half of my diet will have to go yet again! And it's produce for crying out loud! I figure I'll do it after my birthday, I'm most likely going to find something I can eat for it even if it's slightly off-limits but will stay good with no gluten.

@GabiV125 Sounds like a wonderful vacation, enjoy yourself and enjoy the downtime!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, arm resistance bands, stretching, 5 Tibetans, Kundalini yoga, earth energy meditation, gardening
    Calories- over
    Steps- 8,000

Been a bit stir-crazy today but overall it was a decent day. I'm upset with a friend and let it push me into stress eating which was dumb. Waiting for people to get back to me on just about everything, I hate sitting around without much to do especially since I can't keep myself busy with having to keep my legs elevated and there's only so much I can do sitting. I really want to go camping for a night and get out of here, the weather's cooler so at least I can spend time in the backyard for now. Pain is somewhat stable, I'm keeping my sitting down by not doing as much cardio and that's helping a lot then deciding what's worth a little increase in pain as far as cleaning, cooking, chores, and stuff outside the house.
This discussion has been closed.