Check in weight (8/31): 210.6
    Check in weight (9/7):
    Check in weight (9/14):
    Check in weight (9/21):
    Check in weight (9/28):
  • andreiya12
    andreiya12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So hello and good evening. Here is 8 30 pm and i just finished my dinner.today i have eaten a lil bit more carbs than usual. I wanna stay around 1200-13500cal per day with 30 30 40 of macros. Do you think that is ok?
    Chek in weight: 78.8 kg
    Hope to arrive this month at least at 75...i will do my best...but i am not a very active person.a lot of housework but when i have time for exercise in the evening i am exausted.😣and always skipping😣😥
    How do you guys manage this ? Have a great evening and see u tomorow😘🤗
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members. Looking forward to getting to know all of you

I'm Jackie. I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband of 30yrs and our 23yo son. Our 25yo daughter lives 6hrs away.

I don't follow any specific diet plan but I try to keep my carbs around 100g and avoid foods that raise my blood sugar.

I work in a chocolate factory and just started back to work this week. I'm trying to stay away from sugar completely since I can't seem to eat just a little so day 1 was a little rough

My goals for September are
    1. No sugar
    2. Weights 3x per week
    3. 20 min of cardio per day.
    4. At least 15k steps per day
    5. Log my food
  • Jactop
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 197
    CW (Current Weight): 197
    LTD (Loss to Date): 28 lbs
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I had a mum brain moment and posted this in the wrong thread :sweat_smile:

***DAILY CHECK IN - MONDAY 31ST AUGUST***
    Calories: Under
    Water: Over
    Exercise: 30 mins walk, pushing my son in the stroller
    Goals/Improvements for tomorrow: Track calories, 30 mins exercise.

@Jactop wow you must have some willpower! I would totally eat alllllll the chocolate! I'm sure I'd get sick of it soon enough but it would sure be hard to resist!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    @andreiya12 Sure, give the macros and calories a try and see how your body responds, if it doesn't work out in a few weeks switch it up to something that works better. I think trying something and testing is a good way to go, if there's one thing I learned it's being flexible and responding to my body is the best way to go and it's an ongoing process. What's best is to test one thing at a time but I'm usually doing a few things at once which means I never know which works best! For example if you're tired with those calories and macros you won't know if it had to do with the food balance or the calorie balance. As far as being tired I try to get my workouts done in the morning these days then wait for it to cool off a bit before I go outside to meditate. Cleaning is great exercise, if I don't want to work out I'll put on a song and dance to it while doing chores, it usually gives me the energy to keep going because I get so hyped up from music.

Monday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, chakra meditation, Kundalini meditation. I didn't feel like abs or yoga today so I said the heck with it for a change and just enjoyed being in the sun listening to cool music and sweating my butt off!
    Calories- under
    Water- great

Roughly have my September goals, I'm going to try to up dance, focus a bit more on meditation, and try to average 10,000 steps a day. All this will depend on how I'm recovering/what happens with the medical situation. I want to accomplish SOMETHING by my birthday and pushing the splits was just making the only thing from the waist-down, my ligaments, hurt along with the nerves so I'm backing off that a bit. Stupid body of mine though at least I can use it still! Keeping up the anti-inflammatory diet, I may go more strict that I'm currently doing but not quite yet, tomorrow I'm cutting back coffee by 1/3 as I've been drinking a ton.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @andreiya12 I'm always exhausted in the evenings too and I never exercise at night. How I find time to exercise is I exercise first thing in the morning. Even if that means getting up 20 minutes early. Or, I take breaks during the day to exercise. If I have to, I'll break my exercise up into 3 10-minute sessions spread throughout the morning/afternoon. I hope this helps! :)

Hello all. I'm going to get a walk in with the dog this morning before the workers come to finish the flooring in the bathroom (this is a long time coming). It's going to be a stressful day: my dog doesn't like people in our house so he'll bark his head off the whole time unless I am in the bedroom with him. The only thing is I can't be in there with him because I have to work from home from 8-12! :( I'll figure something out. Have a great day!

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy September to all! I am Lisa, I'm 52, and I live in Jacksonville, FL with my husband. We just became mostly empty nesters as both kids are off to college now. I have been mentally checked out from my health goals for the past 20 days or so as I prepared for and adjusted to this event. Finding it harder than I thought to get back to good habits. Baby steps. I managed to log my breakfast only the past couple days- today I'm gonna get the whole day logged! I've been walking a lot during this time, but no other exercise. Today I restarted my strength training. We'll see how those muscles feel tomorrow.

My user name is Cornanda- that is a name I made up from "corn on the" cob. Anyone have something to say about the origins of their user name?
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - my name is Annie, 54, a Brit who has been living in the US since I got married in 1991. We have 2 sons, our 23 yr old lives in Asia & the 20 yr old is away at college, so we are also empty nesters. I am getting close to my initial goal of 160 and when I get there I'll re-assess. According to the "experts" my "normal" weight range is 126-170 so I may aim for the middle which is 148, but we shall see. One step at a time!

I was logging my meals on MFP to keep myself in check, but have become a bit lazy in that regard. I have been doing IF since January (sometimes 16:8, sometimes 18:6, occasionally 20:4) which has helped a lot. Also upping exercise - I completed the #Run757Challenge which involved running a total of 75.7 miles during the month of August & was pretty chuffed with myself!!

I didn't reach my goal of 160 by my birthday last week but maybe by the end of September? ;)

This month's daily goals:
    • drink more water than tea & coffee
    • go to bed before 11pm each night
    • 10,000 steps a day
    • do some form of additional exercise 5 days a week
    • only drink alcohol at the weekend
    • log my food on MFP
        Best of luck to everyone this month - it's a clean slate - let's do this!!!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ***DAILY CHECK IN - TUESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER***
    Calories: Under
    Water: Over
    Exercise: 20 mins yoga, 22 mins playing Beat Saber
    Goals/Improvements for tomorrow: Track calories, 30 mins exercise.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    GabiV125: is actually borderline boring, Gabi is my name short from Gabriela, V-letter last name, and 125 is my birthday 1/25.
  • Jactop
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Anyone have something to say about the origins of their user name?
    I always like hearing how people come up with usernames. I'm not that original. I use the first 3 letters of my first and last name.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    My user name is Cornanda- that is a name I made up from "corn on the" cob. Anyone have something to say about the origins of their user name?

@Cornanda what a FUN question - and neato background on your user name! My name is Maria but I came up with raleighgirl09 in 2009 (duh) when I was looking for a good @gmail email address. I lived in Raleigh and plain ol' raleighgirl was taken so - I added the last 2 digits of the year. When I joined MFP, I had no clue there was a 'friends' aspect and that everyone would see me as my username. Had I known, you all would be calling me 'pharmgirl' which is a user name I use when I realize up front that it matters!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Well, today was better for lower calories but dinner was more a junk fest than good for me food. Kinda reminds me of when I was single and would eat whatever - which is kinda the case this week as hubby has stayed at the coast while I had to come back to Raleigh. Odd fun fact....we have an Echo Show at both places so in the evening we call in and just leave it open so we can "be together" before bed. Strange, isn't it???? Kind of like Frank TV with only one channel! :D

Managed to get in some exercise today and hit the minimum for water - sleep wasn't great for today, what with an early rising hour. Looking to do a better job tomorrow with sodium, it was off the hook today - and on a day that I drove for 3 hours is the least best day for that. Always thinking ahead to the weigh in day and wondering if it will have an impact!

Had to get up super early and drive for 3 hours before arriving to work and then after the long day, came home to see what the flooding rain left us in the basement while we were gone and took care of that. BUT. Not before a GIANT spider on the door made me shriek so loud the neighbor came running thinking there was an intruder!! And indeed - a giant spider IS one helluva intruder!! I have now sprayed the perimeter of my house (not to mention soaking the front door and steps) and will be calling the bug people tomorrow. Last week there was one in the house and after I sprayed him, I had one of my boys come over to retrieve the body that I was skitteshly skirting around!!!

For any spider lovers and spider advocates - I totally get that we need spiders. And I respect them in their environment. BUT. I am also a 5 alarm arachnophobe and can attest that while the fear is irrational, it's also very real and a physical reaction. I have one rule - do not come in the house. All spiders who enter are breaking the rule and will be taken out upon discovery. No prisoners.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Anyone have something to say about the origins of their user name?
    I always like hearing how people come up with usernames. I'm not that original. I use the first 3 letters of my first and last name.

That's me too, Kat for my nickname, Mary for my middle, 71 because I couldn't use the rest alone and had no idea what else to use, my email is the same!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I so hear you about spiders! I used to scream until my dad would come kill them. Being single and living alone I had to adjust but of course I'm in a house that gets black widows and I CAN'T adjust to those! I'm trying not to kill anything because it's bad for my karma but I'm next to a greenbelt and it's loaded with critters, especially ants and spiders. Every time I let a house centipede live it ends up on me which feels like spiders!

Tuesday check-in
    Calories- right at, I'm over 10 but still have 300 steps to get 10,000 so I'll burn it. I REALLY want to eat but there's only so much veggies in salsa and sausages one can eat! Now if I could eat gluten and peanut butter it would be on!
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, arm resistant bands, stretching/yoga/leg resistance band stretches, chakra meditation, earth energy meditation
    Water- great

Nothing new, kind of blue today. I'm going off one of my anti-depressants and not sure if that's why I'm kinda moody but I'm worn out of everyone needing me and not asking how I'm doing. Not the guy I'm seeing who doesn't really ask but listens and keeps being almost too nice, everyone else keeps dumping on me and needing stuff without much reciprocation. I don't mind listening to people's problems and helping them out until it's taken for granted, then I'm frustrated. Not sure if I set myself up for it or not, something to think about. It's not that I'm good at showing vulnerability because I'm pretty strong but come on people, I may not complain about it all the time but life isn't a piece of cake for me right now either. Got that off my chest, thanks! Now maybe I'll resist eating another sausage! I'm supposed to be drinking less caffeine and I'm going to be ahead by 1 cup as long as I don't get it out of the fridge tonight!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    GabiV125
    Wednesday check in
    PW 135lb
    CW 133.2 lb
    In short, I really let the step count slide and did not keep within my calories for half the week. Monday I dusted myself off and climbed back.
    But I’m still sluggish and my sleep is way way off. I’m simply not built for VA type of summers, with temp 85-100+, and humidity 60-90%.

Monday I bought an IF book Fast, Feast, Repeat and per that I’m not doing it right. I have a 16-19h fast window, BUT I have coffee with milk every morning . I did not have breakfast for years and about a month ago I stopped having snacks (and extra meals) after dinner. I thought it’s IF, but maybe not.
    Any advice is welcome .
This discussion has been closed.