Hi! I'm new to your group!

catmama256
catmama256 Posts: 38 Member
My name is Faith and I'm 16 months post gastric bypass. I started out at 319.2 lbs and currently 163.8 lbs. I'm 4.8 lbs away from being a normal BMI and 13.8 lbs from my goal weight. I'm 55, 5'8" tall. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm from Missouri btw.

Replies

• Unclet246
    Unclet246 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Faith, I'm Tommy and I am just starting the process to have the sleeve done. I first saw my doctor 2 weeks ago and I have since lost 14lbs just changing my diet. Your results sound amazing, are you happy with the way everything has turned out? I'm really nervous about getting this done but I have to lose 60lbs to have my knee replaced.

Good luck to you
  • IrishAnnie90
    IrishAnnie90 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, Faith! My gastric bypass will be two weeks from today!
  • atmdaddy
    atmdaddy Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome Faith! Had my GB last October. Getting ready to celebrate 1 year! Started at 334lbs. and current weight is 214 lbs!! Your stats are fantastic!! Keep up the great work!
  • atmdaddy
    Good luck to those starting the process(Tommy) and getting ready for their surgery(anniemurray). You all got this!
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Hi welcome your doing great. I am 45 in fla had VSG in March. If you want to you can friend request me :smile:
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi My name is Joelle. I had the VSG in April 2019. Still working the tool! Friend Requests welcome!
  • Unclet246
    Hi, Faith! My gastric bypass will be two weeks from today!

Hey IrishAnnie I was just checking in, did you have you GB done? How are you feeling?
  • Unclet246
    joelann10 wrote: »
    Hi My name is Joelle. I had the VSG in April 2019. Still working the tool! Friend Requests welcome!

Hi Joelle, what was your experience like? Good to hear your still working it. Hope you got the results you wanted.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Welcome to the group Faith. You have done fantastic. I'm a sleeve 6 years out. I need more motivational bariatric friends. Feel free to add me.🚴‍♀️🤸‍♂️🍽
  • atmdaddy
    Welcome Faith! Congrats on the new you! I'm 1yr. 3 months celebrating my surgery. At 62 I'm a new person and feel great! Keep up the good work!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2021
    Welcome Faith! Congratulations on the achievement. I am sure by now you are at your goal. Unfortunately I have a gain of about 53 pounds and came back here to try an get motivated again to continue on my journey. However I do not see any result posts except for atmdaddy. Am hoping you all will come back and we can start supporting each other.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2021
    Will post more later, when I see others have comeback.
  • singh_felicia
    singh_felicia Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Faith and everyone else. I'm looking for a support group here on MyFitnessPal because I truly enjoy using the app. I'm at the part of my journey were my somach is allowing me to tolerate everything and my mind is saying do it! Every day im playing a mental game with myself. I have great support at home so thankfuly I dont listen to my mind every time.

I was sleeved 01/2020.
    5'8
    HW 342
    SW 334
    CW 191
    Goal weight before skin removal 160 ISH

would love to just be active on here and help support others that are going through the same things im going through.

Talk to soon!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    This group has been real quiet for a long time it would be nice to see it get really active again
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Hi. I’m willing to check in regularly and provide support. :)

I had sleeve 8/2018 and lost 102 pounds in 17 months. Then I had two cruises and then Covid hit. I gained 11 pounds in that year but I restarted January 1st with tracking, low carb, etc. and I’m losing again and trying to get to my personal goal.

I currently do 1,200-1,300 calories
    55-70 G protein (but usually get more)
    Under 50 net carbs
    64 oz water/decaf liquids

HW: 310
    SW: 292
    LW: 208
    1/1/21: 219
    CW: 209
    GW: 174
  • HLaR79
    I usually check on boards about twice a week so I will start stopping by if some people will be around! I can probably use the support too, I gained 20 lbs over the past year with Covid, my mental health took a dive! I had my surgery in January 2018, my lowest weight was 211 (for like a week lol) I settled at 218, and I’m current 238! I was supposed to have skin removal surgery but now I’m not sure when that can happen, so I am working on removing that 20 lbs again and waiting for that type of surgery to be able to happen here!

Wow sounds like you had a good start to the new year keep it up :)
  • TubbyYO
    TubbyYO Posts: 51 Member
    Gastric sleeve jan 26 2021
    Still at the beginning!
    66 years old
    Any wls buddies welcome
  • TubbyYO
    TubbyYO Posts: 51 Member
    Hw 142 kg
    SW 119
    CW 115
    GW 70 (FOR NORMAL BMI!!)
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    my doc just sent in the recommendation for me so I'm at the beginning. You all inspire me, I want to get back to do ing things i loved when I was younger, like hiking and kayaking and swimming. I will stop in a couple times a week too!
  • HLaR79
    TubbyYO wrote: »
    Gastric sleeve jan 26 2021
    Still at the beginning!
    66 years old
    Any wls buddies welcome

Wow just a few weeks out! Hope your healing goes well

azalea4175 wrote: »
    my doc just sent in the recommendation for me so I'm at the beginning. You all inspire me, I want to get back to do ing things i loved when I was younger, like hiking and kayaking and swimming. I will stop in a couple times a week too!

It really is life changing! Depending on where you live and your surgeon it can take some time to get through the process but it is worth it