Monthly Post September 2020

Options

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Checking in and saying hi!

Melanie, those meals sound fabulous! Enjoy.

Congrats on your walk, Kate! Good for you.

Vacation is going really nicely. See you all soon!! :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Long day, but I got to see my baby run in his first cross country meet! Super proud Mama moment!

Not much else going on, and I have to go do my homework for this week since it is due at midnight.

Have a great rest of the week! Stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! I am just starting to get myself together in my classroom. Figuring out schedules and everything. I feel much better today about everything. I *think* there is the beginning of a plan.
    In weight loss news, I am definitely on track to be down at least 20 pounds by my birthday in October. That will be 4 months, so over five pounds a month, on average. I have never had success like this before. It is exciting and a little scary. I am finally starting to notice the change in my shape, too. At this rate, I should be at my goal by the end of the school year.
    I hope everyone has a great end of the week. Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Way to go on your losses, Kate! Very happy for you!

Our vacation is going really well. Couple more days and then we fly home on Saturday.

Everyone stay well and see you soon!! :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    SO glad tomorrow is FRIDAY! @Meghan509 Have a safe trip back!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Super crazy day. But now I can relax and go to bed early. Not so much to do now, just getting on a roll in the classroom. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Have a safe trip today @Meghan509!
    I am avoiding my homework. I also have a whole bookbag full of stuff to do from school that I am ignoring. It seems like the best use of my time. :D
    I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thanks!

Heading home today. Hello from the airport lol.

Will fill you in soon on the details.

Have a great weekend and see you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Sunday.

We are home safe. Had a great vacation. Back on the Keto wagon!

Have a great rest of your weekend. See you tomorrow. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Back from a relaxing week in Montego Bay, Jamaica. :) We went through a pretty lengthy process due to Covid-19, but we are so glad we went.
    We had to submit negative Covid-19 tests and obtain a travel authorization for Jamaica. The plane was around 50-75% full and middle seats were blocked. When we arrived we had to answer some questions and then we were on our way to the resort. The resort was only 10% full. So we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. Pool and beach were literally empty. The most people we saw were at the restaurants at night for dinner. And not a lot of people. Staff wore masks and made us feel very safe. Tables were wiped down and sanitized constantly. Guests were respectful of health and safety guidelines. No issues what so ever. Flight back home was fine. Took us literally 10 minutes to go through US customs on the way home. Unheard of. :)

Back fully on the Keto wagon! Hope you all are well. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 That sounds absolutely wonderful! I am dreaming of sunny, relaxing places every day. It is so smoky here in the midwest. And it has been cooling off, too.

It has been exactly 3 months since I started ADF. I am down just over 18 pounds. My goal is to lose 56 pounds, so I figure, at this rate, I should reach my goal in March or so. I am still just shocked how easy this has been. I cannot recommend the book Fast. Feast. Repeat. enough. It really helped me tweak my fasting and it has made all the difference.

I hope everyone has a great week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks Kate! We had a really nice time and are happy we were able to go!

Glad you are doing well! The most successful "diet" is the one you can stick to. :)

Quiet day here. Getting back in to the flow of work and life!

See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Crazy day here. Hope all is well with everybody.

Chat soon. :)
  • lorrieannoberry
    lorrieannoberry Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sept has been hard I am trying to focus again. I have lost 34 pounds since January but should have been more but some weeks i gained but at least i am to get back at it the last week and feel like i am really ready to try harder. Wish you all much loses. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @lorrieannoberry You have lost thirty four pounds. That is amazing! There is no "should have lost more." Be proud of what you have accomplished! Glad you are feeling more focused. Keep up the good work!

@Meghan509 I hope your day settled down!

I had a fairly productive day. Stress at work is easing. I went to the chiropractor and I feel taller now. :D Glad this week is halfway through. I hope you have a good one! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello all!

Happy Thursday! One day closer to the weekend!! WOO HOO! Anyone got any fun plans? Nothing crazy here. Errands, shopping, etc.

@lorrieannoberry welcome! Congrats on your losses.
    I know what you mean about focus. I had a few weeks where I was feeling a little off but I have managed to get back on track. I have around 14 or 15 lbs left until I am at my goal. I really can't slack off now. :)

@KateNkognito yes, yesterday settled down finally! What's nice about being busy is it makes me forget about food. LOL Managed to stick to my 18 hour eating window from 3pm to 9pm and my low carb WOE.
    Oooh I love Chiropractors! They are awesome. Wayyy back in my high school / college days I worked for one in my home town after school. What a nice guy. I saw someone come in on a stretcher and walk out on his own. Amazing. :o

This week has been all about getting back on track for me. As you may have seen from previous posts, I was on vacation last week and was off plan. Have not hopped on the scale at all since I got back. Tomorrow is the day!! Hoping for the best!

See you all soon. Have a great day and stay healthy.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

I weighed in this morning. First time in a few weeks. I am up six pounds. That is a vacation for ya... Sigh... Funny thing is my clothes don't feel any different. Hoping some of that is still water and it will disappear in a week or so.

Sigh... Can't really complain because I ate a lot of stuff I haven't eaten since starting Keto in August of 2019. There were lots of carbs and dessert. Back on the wagon and focusing on getting closer to or at my goal by Christmas.

Have a good Friday and a great weekend. See you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! This was a loooong week.

@Meghan509 That isn't too bad, and it probably is a lot of water weight. I really think that is the best part of fasting, you just get back to it. I am sure you will be back down in no time. And you had a good time, so no regrets, right?! :)

I have no exciting plans for the weekend. Laundry, homework, lesson planning, grading. My life is so wild and exciting, I might even dust and vacuum, too. I hope you all have a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you had a nice weekend, @KateNkognito!

Yep, we didn't have anything "planned" just winged it. We got a lot of cleaning and tossing done. We went and put the beach chairs and towels and summer stuff away in storage. Boo hoo... Planning to clean up some more during the week and run the vacuum around. Exciting stuff I tell you! :D But, it feels nice to feel more organized and less cluttered.

Thanks for your nice words about my vacation gain. Back on the keto wagon and in this weight loss thing for the long haul. :)

Have a good day and I'll see you all soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Wow, I just realized that Thursday will be October 1! Jeez, the month has flown by! :o