Day 1 Successes and Failures

Options
How is everyone’s Day 1 going? Getting enough water? Healthy breakfast? Did you complete your workout yet?

Breakfast went well for me. I tend to graze a bit during my work day. I’m in and out of schools and in my car a lot. Drive-thrus have become my norm, so I had to come up with some easy to grab n eat items: Natural PB sandwich (measured), Greek yogurt, banana, and hard boiled eggs .i have salmon filets laud out for dinner.

Day 1 is usually easy for me because I am pumped up and ready. Days 3-7 are where I struggle the most.

Replies

• mkl5664
    mkl5664 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was riding the struggle bus this morning. But, I have my workout in. Now I am working on my breakfast smoothie. Pike push-ups were not the easiest workout. Can't wait to start feeling the results of these workouts and eating healthier. :-) Hope all of you have a great day 1.
  • adamlongstride
    adamlongstride Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Worked out for an hour at 6 this morning. And drank a McDonald’s smoothie because I ran out of my Costco bagged ones (and they weren’t open yet). 330cals :s I needed to prep better for this.
  • krachea
    krachea Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I came to this thing a bit late, so I don’t have all the food I need and need to go shopping. But, I’ve had toast with peanut butter and cinnamon powder. Cinnamon is good for blood sugar. Now I snacking on raw almonds. Drinking enough water and actually cooking meals will be my challenge with this. For exercise, I’ll get that in later today. I probably wont be able to do some of those in the list because of the impact. I have an SI joint I need to protect. So I’ll be doing a lot more stretching rather than intense cardio.
  • myfriendruth
    myfriendruth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    krachea wrote: »
    I came to this thing a bit late, so I don’t have all the food I need and need to go shopping. But, I’ve had toast with peanut butter and cinnamon powder. Cinnamon is good for blood sugar. Now I snacking on raw almonds. Drinking enough water and actually cooking meals will be my challenge with this. For exercise, I’ll get that in later today. I probably wont be able to do some of those in the list because of the impact. I have an SI joint I need to protect. So I’ll be doing a lot more stretching rather than intense cardio.

Don’t feel bad for modifying! I know I am, for sure. My SI joint is one of my issues too. I did a workout two days ago and tried the old “dog peeing on a fire hydrant” one or whatever it’s actually called. 😂 ANYWAY, it was a big, painful no-go for my SI joints, so I moved on to some other things I could do. I figure as long as we keep moving forward and focusing on what progress we CAN make, we are moving in the right direction. :)