Overate today! 😫

xxzenabxx
xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
I ate 3000 calories today and I’m trying not to regret it. Especially because I’m down to the last 15 lbs. I’ll get through this...It’s so hard not to feel like I’ve undone all my hard work... 😖
That’s it. Starting from tomorrow I’m going to stay in a deficit for the rest of September. I feel like I’ve hardly been in a deficit since July/August.

Replies

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    If it helps, I over ate by a lot yesterday too. We went to a new restaurant where the food was amazing and I cleaned my plate. I also had a cocktail. I was at peace with my choices and still under budget, but then my husband insisted we stop by Cheesecake Factory to get dessert to go. The choice to eat it yesterday rather than save it for today was not a good one, even if I did share half of it with my son. But to make everything worse, I ate most of a bag of terrible pork rinds that hurt my stomach. Why I kept eating something I didn’t even like when I was already way over on calories is beyond me, but there really is no point in being upset about what is already done. I’m back on track today. I’m focused on protein and veggies and we are going hiking too. Good luck!
  • xxzenabxx
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    If it helps, I over ate by a lot yesterday too. We went to a new restaurant where the food was amazing and I cleaned my plate. I also had a cocktail. I was at peace with my choices and still under budget, but then my husband insisted we stop by Cheesecake Factory to get dessert to go. The choice to eat it yesterday rather than save it for today was not a good one, even if I did share half of it with my son. But to make everything worse, I ate most of a bag of terrible pork rinds that hurt my stomach. Why I kept eating something I didn’t even like when I was already way over on calories is beyond me, but there really is no point in being upset about what is already done. I’m back on track today. I’m focused on protein and veggies and we are going hiking too. Good luck!

So we had the same dilemma! It’s definitely a struggle when other people are very spontaneous and don’t diet. I guess that’s why it’s real life. I ate a lot of protein and veggies today as well! Infact that’s mostly what I was craving.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    I had terrible PMS cravings this past week and ended up pretty much wiping out my deficit for the entire week. Not much I can do but move on and try to do better. :smile:
  • xxzenabxx
    I had terrible PMS cravings this past week and ended up pretty much wiping out my deficit for the entire week. Not much I can do but move on and try to do better. :smile:

Yeah I have PMS cravings too. I realised that the more I give in to cakes and chocolates the more I want them. I’m not even satisfied so I’m going to eat more protein because that seems to help and forget about the cakes and chocolate because I either want 0 or 12 Mr Kipling mini cakes! No moderation here! 120g of protein seems to do the trick. And dark chocolate! It’s very hard to overeat dark chocolate for me!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    He actually does count his calories too, we just spend them quite differently. I always eat breakfast and rarely eat dessert. He rarely eats breakfast and often eats dessert. He also works a lot harder at the gym than I do and ends up with extra calories to eat. It’s really annoying, but not enough to work as hard as he does I guess :)
  • xxzenabxx
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    He actually does count his calories too, we just spend them quite differently. I always eat breakfast and rarely eat dessert. He rarely eats breakfast and often eats dessert. He also works a lot harder at the gym than I do and ends up with extra calories to eat. It’s really annoying, but not enough to work as hard as he does I guess :)

Well that’s great that he counts calories too! At least he has knowledge of them 🙂 you just have to balance those things then! My sister doesn’t count calories and she bakes on random days of the week and I sometimes have to suddenly squeeze in some of her cakes because they’re so delicious! Luckily now she just seems to make brownies which are not as bad as a full on buttercream triple layered cake! I can have dessert more when I’m not pmsing because I get full quickly and don’t overeat.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    So we had the same dilemma! It’s definitely a struggle when other people are very spontaneous and don’t diet. I guess that’s why it’s real life. I ate a lot of protein and veggies today as well! Infact that’s mostly what I was craving.

Yes!! This so much. My husband forgets that I am very choosy about what I will eat now that I am determined to lose this weight. He shows love by providing food, and I was only too happy to receive it in the first 5 years of our marriage! lol Now I have to retrain myself and train him, because most of my life I have been quite trim, and I stayed that way by watching what I ate. Now I have to remember that mindset and get back into it because that is the only way I am going to be able to keep the weight off.

We got this!