October 26 Sign In

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    ---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout - 17th of 20 sessions (43) TOTAL: 43 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 312
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Ayyyyyye! Happy birthday, @SModa61!!

After watching an hour's worth of YouTube videos about proper KB swing form, I think this is a tie for my fastest time (even though I've been using heavier and heavier DBs for the strength portion; I'm on 20lbs/12lbs drop sets since last week).

The trick today was NOT doing any other exercise during the day, not even walking. And, I think it helped that yesterday was an actual rest day. Lastly, I've been squeezing my planks in between sets but today was a plank rest day. The stars aligned!

Without stressing out my hip flexor - hopefully - I can shave another 3-4 minutes off my time before month end.

Thank you, and nice kettlebell work!
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @ForLangston yum, Caribbean cooking and dranking sounds good to me :D

@SModa61 Happy birthday! :)

Yes x 3 -- a rest day/mental health day, did the minimum exercise, also went out to the nearby national park and worked on my laptop in my car beside a field of wild grass

Pass days 1/3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    A 3 x yes day.
    I was just barely under my limit on calories.
  • alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Training, I've exceeded my pass days
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • oldDogBiking
    oldDogBiking Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Day 26
    No exercise.
    Otherwise on track.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 45min strength training class + 8k steps
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

That’s brilliant! Thanks for sharing.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    yes x's 3...thankfully the coffee and pastry shop I tried to go to today was closed...or I would have been over...; got bitten on my thumb today and needed stitches...but will be ok; dr. says new test results from the oncologist will be ready on Monday... would love your prayers and best wishes that it isn't positive! ;D

Praying for you. What did you get bitten by? I’m always curious. The worst I’ve had was loggerhead turtle because it’s a crush injury so even though it was just a small cut across my finger, it was crazy painful. Luckily she only got my finger tip though!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    @Dory_42 - again, I am in awe that almost every aspect of your every day life is not even in the realm of possibilities in mine. I need to get out more.

My friend felt similarly in September so she called it Adventure September and tried to do something that she considered adventurous every day in the month. Some were big things like going zip lining but most were what she termed micro adventures. Going to watch the sun rise or set, exploring local hikes or tourism spots, swimming in the ocean, going fishing with her husband etc. The entire month, most activities were free or cheap. The zip lining was the most expensive one. When you look for opportunities, they are around you in abundance. Find a new venue to go walking or meet a friend somewhere you have never been. You don’t have to do it every day, try for one thing per week.