Newbie here...

Options
Hi Everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to Keto, actually haven't started yet. Although, I just seem to have issues when eating rice, bread, etc. So they have slowly been phasing out, though I have had rice twice in last two days.

I have been trying to get as much info as possible, so i can make sure i set myself up for success. I read through the suggested link, and through the topics posted here, and it has all been pretty good. There are a lot of things i don't quite understand yet, but hope to learn more and then go for it.

Can anyone give some general tips, or "don'ts" or more links that I can explore? I appreciate it!

Replies

• GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a couple links on my profile for the nimrods that want to argue with me.

May be helpful for you.

Couldn't really give you any do's or don't tips though.. aside from what you already know.

If there is anything specific you would like to ask dont be afraid to inbox me :)

Welcome to the group!!
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    reddit has a great keto FAQ -
    http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    My best advice .... stop eating refined carbs of any sort right away. You may not be perfectly "keto" or "paleo" or whatever when you do, but that by itself will make a huge difference for you. Then start tuning and adjusting and figuring out how to "do it right" ... but seriously, just start and see what happens. :-)
  • MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    Options
    Thanks everybody! So far so good, and the links are a big help. A lot to see on Reddit! I will be shopping this weekend, so I can try and start the next week off on semi-auto-pilot. :)