anybody there?

Options
I haven't seen any posts in this group for a few months now. I'm new to WB and I'm looking for others who are doing it to become friends here. Is anyone still doing WB? If not, why? Any recent success or stories to share? :) Have a great weekend, all!

Replies

• DDSA52
    DDSA52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also new. Doing the Wheat Belly diet for several reasons. Found wheat triggers my fibromyalgia. Diabetic so sugar has been out for a while. Milk intolerant so switched to coconut milk. Just finished reading the book and I was shocked by all the things wheat can cause to go wrong in our bodies. I'm also looking for friends who are eating similarly. Add me if you wish.
    Oh, I have lost 15 lbs since quitting wheat.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's great! I wish you the best on improving your health and managing your pain. I will definitely add you. :) Congrats on the big 15!
  • Lonapaterson
    Lonapaterson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am here :P
    Recently began wheat-less-ness!
    Loved the Wheat Belly book and the Recipe book.
    Made first loaf of the Basic bread yesterday.
    Stocking my pantry with the allowable items. Just a couple more key items and I will be set to begin experimenting with this.
    Hope you are there and serious and that we can work through questions and ideas together.
    :)
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Great work on the bread! I haven't made bread, but I've made a few treats - Wheat Belly friendly crackers and WB friendly almond butter blondies as a treat.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    is it really true about the whole "eat as many raw nuts as you want" thing? I love nuts but I don't want to gain weight!
  • louwho777
    louwho777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im here too!!! I've lost nearly 30 lbs over the last 4 months with no excercise yet. Eliminating grains is definately what is working for me.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    That's great news, louwho!!

DR - I'm not a big fan of nuts so I'm not positive on that.
  • katrxgator
    katrxgator Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm here too! I started the wheat free diet almost 4 weeks ago and now it's like habit .....well, sort of! I read the book about a year ago and lost 40 lbs. after beginning the wheat free way but I slowly got out of it after eating just one piece of birthday cake! Kinda like an alcoholic I guess for me, I can't take the first bite because that sets me up for more! This time around, I am consciously aware that if I eat anything with wheat, I could go right back to my old ways. I am also limiting carbs and calories because I have a good 80 lbs. to lose! I hope to see you all on here more often!
  • amyrob56
    Options
    I'm here. Pretty much wheat free since June 21st. 20+lbs lost,
  • Casper2976
    Casper2976 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just searched for Wheat Belly groups on MFP and found this - I've been doing Wheat Belly for the last 2.5 weeks. Haven't had any wheat except for what was in our soy sauce last night (no choice...) and have been feeling less "bloated" and have lost about 4 lbs so far. During the week is easier for me, weekends and going out tend to be my weakness. I like beer - but haven't had any except for one GF beer last weekend. I switched to hard cider and wine. But after a couple of those, I'm sure my weight loss slowed. I plan to steer clear of alcohol for a few weeks and see how that shakes out. Glad to have found you all - add me if you wish. I am on here at least every weekday to record my food and make sure I'm staying within my carb limits.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    katrxgator Something VERY similar happened to me. I allowed myself a cheat meal or two that had bread and I spiraled out of control. It's taken me two weeks to try to get back on the WB bandwagon.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    I just searched for Wheat Belly groups on MFP and found this - I've been doing Wheat Belly for the last 2.5 weeks. Haven't had any wheat except for what was in our soy sauce last night (no choice...) and have been feeling less "bloated" and have lost about 4 lbs so far. During the week is easier for me, weekends and going out tend to be my weakness. I like beer - but haven't had any except for one GF beer last weekend. I switched to hard cider and wine. But after a couple of those, I'm sure my weight loss slowed. I plan to steer clear of alcohol for a few weeks and see how that shakes out. Glad to have found you all - add me if you wish. I am on here at least every weekday to record my food and make sure I'm staying within my carb limits.

I totally agree. less bloated, healthier bowels, weight loss. it's great.
  • Lonapaterson
    Options
    I am here! I was one vacation for the past 10 days, and also I am so new to this app that I am still trying to find where to post ect.
    I am glad to know that I found this message. Hopefully we can all support each other and smile alot!
  • Lonapaterson
    Options
    I am on my 2nd week wheat free, however since I was on vacation I am sure there were some unplanned mess up along the way.
    I have been back home and seriously back wheat free for 4 days!
  • Lonapaterson
    Options

I totally agree. less bloated, healthier bowels, weight loss. it's great.

I totally agree too! I am so much less bloated! Feeling great! Keep smiling - talk to you soon!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Hi Lona! I haven't been Wheat free enough lately... I'm really trying to get back into it as hardcore as I can. Starting at lunch today.
  • GloverGlam
    GloverGlam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all! This is my seventh week on WB and it has been a journey. You can find a picture of me at 0 and then 30 days on the Wheat Belly FB page. Please feel free to add me. This is definately a way of life for me. I'm finding out that wheat makes me bloated and gassy. I ate a homemade cookie bar that my friend made from regular flour and I was so sick that night! Lets just say I learned my lesson! I have lost 15 pounds and counting! Lost 8 the first week!
  • amyrob56
    Options
    Congrats!!!

I wish I would have those nasty flashback symptoms but it seems I can eat wheat occasionally without much ado. No gastric problems anyway. I am mostly wheat free, most days. But I too have been a bad girl the last couple weeks. Time to refocus before all those holiday goodies come my way!
  • Lonapaterson
    Options
    I don't believe that a human body can never eat anything in large, unlimited, as much as we'd like portions!
    Especially true for high calorie & fat items such as nuts.
    I am pretty sure that my body would be getting too many calories if I did that.

However, it is true that if you are gluten/wheat sensitive and you are looking for a food that will never cause a bad reaction when you consume it, then yes = the statement that the nuts can be consumed without bad results at unlimited quaintly is indeed a true statement.

That being said, I myself consider weight gain to be a personal "bad result" that I don't want to deal with so I will restrict my nuts consumption to reasonable daily portions that do not exceed my weight loss desires.

LOL :) this ramble is over - hope it helped with your question.
  • sohela07
    Options
    hey hi there.. i hv started doing WB since 20 days and have seen very gud effects of it. losing wt no acidity apetite is reduced feeling much much lighter..