Like Minded Lushes - Fall/Winter 2020

Options
13»

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes.

As many of you know I have been spending time at my folks house while my dad was on hospice. It was sometime during the early morning of March 23rd, that he died in his sleep. My wife and I had been helping mom out, staying every other day, sleeping on the floor on a cot and air mattress next to him for two and a half months (alternating days with my brother). It has been a long exhausting process but I am comforted by the notion that we gave him all the comforts of home. Hospice provided excellent care and the medicines to keep him pain free.

Now begins the process of working with the funeral home, getting death certificates, contacting banks, credit cards and all the zillions of things needed to tie things up.

We are tired but at peace.

<3
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Oh Gary :'( I wish I could give you a hug. You've been an amazing son.
    Since this is the lushes thread, it's only appropriate we all have a toast in honor of you and your dad tonight. :drinker:
    <3
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awww, Gary, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Syd's right - you are an amazing son & daughter-in-law! Hugs to you and your family!!!
    <3
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I haven't met this lil nugget yet and it breaks my heart. Getting 2nd dose of vaccine this week so hopefully soon!

v6qkw2xau441.jpg
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- He's SOOOO cute! <3 . You must be excited to see him.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, how absolutely adorable!! <3
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Dad's funeral was yesterday. Looking forward to an emotional recharge. Lots of little things to do, but the emotional heavy lifting is done. <3
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Deep breaths, Gary. You're a lovely man and top notch son. You deserve some peace <3