The new Batman?!

Options
2»

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Ben Affleck?! Really?! Who thought this was a good idea!!!

Anyone who saw Dogma, Chasing Amy, The Town, Argo................. Yeah DD was a big pile of poo but he wasn't the SINGLE reason it was rubbish, and he is a good actor and will really suit the part, I am assuming they'll go with a more real world approach to it which will play into his skill set. Or it could be complete **** but it won't be his fault, several other people have input.
    Chasing Amy was a long loooooooong film - that you need to take notes through and a test at the end

Long film? It was less than 2 hours. What did you need to take notes on? It's a pretty straightforward story.
    This happens every time someone is cast in an iconic role.

swblt3.jpg
    Heath Ledger was the best version of the Joker ever to be on the screen. I say this even though I am a fan of Jack Nicholson and I think he did do a good job.

As far as the small screen goes I did enjoy Mark Hammel as the Joker in the animated series.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Well he was fantastic in Pearl Harbor so he has my vote.
    Is this sarcasm? Pearl Harbor was horrid.

What is sarcasm?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I think the point is, we're all going to go see it, because we're fans of Batman and/or Superman. WIth him in it, they might attract three additional people who wouldn't have gone otherwise (his wife and parents).
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I quite like Ben Affleck. I just never saw him in a superhero role. But as the awesome graphic up their shows, no one believed that Heath was Joker material either and now I think it would be close to impossible for anyone in the future to live up to the expectations after his amazing job.

With that said, though, I'd have guessed him to be Superman rather than Batman?!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Christian Bale turned down the role and a lot of money because he didnt want to ruin the trilogy with this spinoff.

The script for the movie must have been poor, I don't imagine someone giving up a big role like that do easily.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think he will be a good Bruce Wayne. I am taking a wait and see on his Batman.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    With that said, though, I'd have guessed him to be Superman rather than Batman?!

You will pry Henry Cavill from my cold dead fingers, woman.

I've said elsewhere that my biggest complaint is recycling the Batman character so soon after a very satisfying trilogy, and dragging him into the new Superman franchise so soon.

I appreciated the telling page of kneejerk histrionics over Heath Ledger playing the Joker. Rolled my eyes that people were posting petitions about Affleck as Batman on a site usually designed to address actual humanitarian concerns.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, on Twitter.

"Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin -- just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe -- I'm in."

There ya go. Everyone can stop having a meltdown. It's all good Joss says so. :bigsmile:
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Christian Bale turned down the role and a lot of money because he didnt want to ruin the trilogy with this spinoff.

The script for the movie must have been poor, I don't imagine someone giving up a big role like that do easily.

From all the Christian Bale interviews I saw when TDKR was out, it would have been almost impossible to get Bale back in the cowl. I doubt that they even have a script in place yet.