13»

Replies

• windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    November 5
    Yes x 3
    Why I'm trying to be intentional about my health and fitness?
    I see all around me the effects of overeating and inactivity. If I'm not proactive (lol and active) I will be among them. As we age things change and the struggle is real
    Why am I in this challenge?
    T he word accountability says it all. Left to our own devices we will most likely give ourself permission to allow excuses (and there are lots!!😳) to derail any progress we might make.
    Add to that a great group of people, and great leader (thanks Rick for all you do).
  • RBnorth66
    RBnorth66 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Why? I need accountability and I know that if I track what I eat, I can lose weight. I have 20 pounds to lose and I know I will feel better and have more energy if I do that. Yes, exercise. Yes to tracking but went over in my calorie count.

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    Thank you for stepping in and leading an outstanding and deeply motivating discussion. I was already impressed by your enthusiasm when you showed up 'early' during late October.
    I'm grateful to you and for you!
    Thank you so much for joining our team. We are all better with you alongside of us on the journey!
    Your friend,
    Rick
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    Thank you for stepping in and leading an outstanding and deeply motivating discussion. I was already impressed by your enthusiasm when you showed up 'early' during late October.
    I'm grateful to you and for you!
    Thank you so much for joining our team. We are all better with you alongside of us on the journey!
    Your friend,
    Rick

Thanks SO MUCH @RangerRickL I was so excited about finding this group and just couldn't wait another week to get involved! Lol.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    I'm glad you did!
    BTW: I spend an average of an hour a day on the UAC and relationship time with team members. This is where I am a friend to others.
    I'm happy to accept your friend request, but I don't anything very friendly in that other venue.
    Your friend,
    Rick
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL not a problem! I understand completely!
  • ualflygirldm
    ualflygirldm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes exercise
    Yes food logging
    Yes under calories

• KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In: Thursday, November 5, 2020

Exercise Tracked In MFP (Treadmill Mon-Fri): No treadmill :( but active
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range of 1300 to 1450: Yes - calories were 1,433

For today's discussion, my "why" is my kid. My son needs me to be healthy (and I want to be healthy, too) and I want to be around for him for as long as possible.