Psyched for Spring/Summer

Options
Yeah, I know it not even September yet. But I've just shaken off the winter shackles for my first couple of gym sessions and BOY, DOES IT FEEL GOOD. I'm now starting to firm up my goals for the next 3-6 months and wanted to shout-out to any other Aussies looking to get some awesome results before 2014.

What are people hoping to achieve with their fitness goals this spring?

Replies

• mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Really hoping to shed some kilos for the New Year. Drop a couple dress sizes. I started too late in the year to be bikini ready this time but look out 2014!
  • Kate029
    Kate029 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Really hoping to improve my running now that the weather is nice enough to get out, want to get to 5km without stopping (pretty close to that at the moment) and then 10kms after that. Hoping the running mixed with some strength will help me shred another dress sie in time for my birthday in late November
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've had to stop one of my running routes due to 3 (yes, three lol) magpies doing their thing. I have an innate fear of birds ;)
    Thankfully the other route is magpie free, so I'm doubling up there and adding swimming :) I go to a heated pool currently (still a bit chilly) but the kids are hanging out for the days to warm up a bit more so they can use the backyard pool again.

Oh, and my girl has developed an interest in cricket! rofl So I've been spending my weekends teaching her the ins and outs (I come from a big cricketing family). Pity there aren't any girl's teams around that she can join. The Milo jnr cricket thing is Friday nights only and she has youth group on then. And her school only has a boys team :( Maybe I can work on that ;)

Got up this morning and noticed a tiny bit of daylight. Normally it's pitch black lol Was nice to be able to see the remote while I was setting up my workout dvd ;)

My goals are nothing too big - just keep toning and getting the bodyfat % down and work on endurance. Slow and steady, one day I'll get there!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop! Oficially Spring and mother nature has turned it on for us down here in Tassie. I've been doing a little unofficial bulk for the past couple months so it's time for me to start to cut in time for summer.