Welcome - Introduce yourself and what binge eating has been like for you

28Haveitall2020
28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
Hi all
Call me Nina
I have always struggled with excess binging on some days but since 2018 I have been struggling more than ever. I do well during the day and in the evening I struggle and this has led to a weight gain of 30kg in 2 yrs.
The greatest struggle is that most people don't understand the struggle. So I wanted to create a group where we can share the methods we use or chit chatt when we feel the urges to binge and help one another overcome this and treat our bodies better. I hope we can start contributing to the group because that is how we can securely and confidentially help one another. Hoping to hear from you all soon.

Replies

• cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Hi.

I'm frustrated because I wrote a long post and then my app crashed...🤬🤬🤬

I've been binge eating for over 2 decades. Its usually at night. There's no particular day though. It's usually to do with my mental health or physical health. I have generalised anxiety, social anxiety, depression and borderline personality disorder. Physically I have severe osteoarthritis in both of my knees, mild osteoarthritis in my lumbar spine on both sides and gout in my right foot. Its a mental fight 🤣🤣🤣

On a positive note, I've had a bad mental health day today and I didn't binge! I call that a win! 🤣🤣🤣
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    Hi.

I'm frustrated because I wrote a long post and then my app crashed...🤬🤬🤬

I've been binge eating for over 2 decades. Its usually at night. There's no particular day though. It's usually to do with my mental health or physical health. I have generalised anxiety, social anxiety, depression and borderline personality disorder. Physically I have severe osteoarthritis in both of my knees, mild osteoarthritis in my lumbar spine on both sides and gout in my right foot. Its a mental fight 🤣🤣🤣

On a positive note, I've had a bad mental health day today and I didn't binge! I call that a win! 🤣🤣🤣

It is indeed a win tbh. When I go a day without binging I feel like I run the world 😅. I want to feel like this everyday. How have you been to the past week??
    I have binged the whole week and it took a toll on my physical health.today I didn't binge and it was a win❤️💯. Do you have any tricks you use to help you yourself breakfree of this?
    Hoping to read from you
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    Hi! I am Linda and I have binge eating disorder. I did therapy about 2 years ago and was doing really well. I was losing weight and feeling pretty good. On August 8th I was put I a stressful situation that hasn’t let up. I slowly started binge eating regularly. I have gained about 17 pounds. I would love to have other people who binge to bounce ideas off. I know without a doubt my binge eating is triggered by stress. I am also tend to binge strictly at night. I think this because my husband has gone to bed and I can hid my eating. I do take a lot of sedating medications in the evening which makes it harder to resist the binge. @cowsanddogsarecute it is definitely a mental fight and it is one I am going to win again with support.