November “This & That” discussion (renamed)

Options
MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
edited November 2020 in Social Groups
4e698wpgi7vv.jpeg

Hi Friends!

Thinking of this organization of discussions for November:

1. The “This November I Will” strand where you post how your “I Will” (aka tiny habit change) is going. Receive support & recognition.

2. The “November Social Strand” for chatting about gardening, free motion stitching, and life in general!

Of course, we also have the on-going discussions:

The 2020 Move It Monday Challenge
Declutterfest 2020 with a twist!

Hopefully this will help us target our behavior changes & also enjoy the great social interactions that have formed in the group.

Also, less overwhelming for newcomers!

Best,
Maddie

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 love😍this! We tend to get sidetracked sometimes🙄 and this is the perfect place to get chatty!❣️
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,832 Member
    Options
    hahaha.. yall just keep that feed dog and free quit chatter right here!!!!! (saysshewhodoesntcraftnorsew)....

>:)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    but ps - this is a good place to find sock and marbles and irons right?
  • nebslp
    Options
    😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🥰
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    This is gonna be FUNNNNNN 😍😁🤣😄😂 .........

y7cczjpnbxw2.png

yep, we better keep feeding the dog right here!!!!!
  • nebslp
    Options
    Oh you silly people...and it’s only November 1st! 😂🤣😂🤣
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    All you creative people, I would love to see what you've done with your fairy lights. I think I'd like to put some around my kitchen window.

I really need to take more risks. I realize I'm so afraid of messing up that I often don't try. I'm not even talking about anything big, but little things that would make my home environment more pleasant.

Today I'm happy that I put away my Halloween decorations. Also, instead of having some downstairs, some upstairs, etc., I consolidated everything (I think) and put it all together on a closet shelf in a spare bedroom.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Now I want fairy lights in my room! @PKM0515 Taking risks is hard for me, too. But I figure if you don’t try, you’ll never know what you’re capable of. If you never fail, you’ve probably never tried. I read books and listen to podcasts from people who started out with nothing and are doing amazing things because they believed in themselves. It helps to have someone else believe in you first so I’ll just say, I believe you can and WILL do whatever you set your mind to. Embrace the fear and keep walking. And put up those fairy lights😂
  • PKM0515
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Now I want fairy lights in my room! @PKM0515 Taking risks is hard for me, too. But I figure if you don’t try, you’ll never know what you’re capable of. If you never fail, you’ve probably never tried. I read books and listen to podcasts from people who started out with nothing and are doing amazing things because they believed in themselves. It helps to have someone else believe in you first so I’ll just say, I believe you can and WILL do whatever you set your mind to. Embrace the fear and keep walking. And put up those fairy lights😂

Thank you, @nebslp! I really needed to "hear" this today. 💕
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Hi @PKM0515 you are way ahead of me. I never put any Halloween decorations up, much less put them away. I really am hoping that I will get more in the spirit for Xmas this year but being by myself it sometimes seems a pointless waste of effort.

I have used garden lights/solar charged/fairy light/globes for a long time. I have a string of white fairly lights in my 'secret garden' where I have 2 of my <3 kitties buried. And with each plaque they also have a solar charged globe that changes colors. I have numerous other globes in the trees in my front yard and a strand of multicolor fairy lights in my dogwood tree which I put up at Xmas a few years back and just left. LOL.

Another very soothing indoor item is a salt lamp. A friend gave me one a few years ago which plugs into a USB drive on my computer and it is quite peaceful.

Best of luck!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier It never even crossed my mind to put out Halloween decorations this year. I only do it for the grandkids and they haven't been visiting since they went back to school. We do see them outside, we just don't go inside each others houses, so it's not as bleak as it sounds.
    The fairy/solar lights sound beautiful. What a wonderful idea to honor your pets in that way.
    I have a salt lamp that my son and daugher-in-law gave me last Christmas that just sits in the kitchen and is underappreciated. I will move that to my room today. Thanks for planting that idea in my brain.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    I don’t have any fairy lights, but I recently bought some electric candles and love them! I use them as night lights in my bedroom. I’m thinking about buying some electric advent candles. Real candles make my husband cough.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    I don’t have any fairy lights, but I recently bought some electric candles and love them! I use them as night lights in my bedroom. I’m thinking about buying some electric advent candles. Real candles make my husband cough.

@77tes I was worried about our cats & candles, so stopped using them. Electric candles sound lovely!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options

@77tes I was worried about our cats & candles, so stopped using them. Electric candles sound lovely!

They really look pretty realistic. I've caught myself jumping back when I got my hair too close to them. :D
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »

They really look pretty realistic. I've caught myself jumping back when I got my hair too close to them. :D

Heehee ❤️
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Hi @PKM0515 you are way ahead of me. I never put any Halloween decorations up, much less put them away. I really am hoping that I will get more in the spirit for Xmas this year but being by myself it sometimes seems a pointless waste of effort.

I have used garden lights/solar charged/fairy light/globes for a long time. I have a string of white fairly lights in my 'secret garden' where I have 2 of my <3 kitties buried. And with each plaque they also have a solar charged globe that changes colors. I have numerous other globes in the trees in my front yard and a strand of multicolor fairy lights in my dogwood tree which I put up at Xmas a few years back and just left. LOL.

Another very soothing indoor item is a salt lamp. A friend gave me one a few years ago which plugs into a USB drive on my computer and it is quite peaceful.

Best of luck!

I was trying to make an effort this year, but I understand completely; I'm alone too. I haven't put up a tree since the year my Mom passed (2015).

Your yard sounds beautiful! I love what you've done to honor your kitties. 💞

I'm going to look into a salt lamp. Thanks for the idea. 😃
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Hi all and happy day after the election in the US where no one knows what is going on and everyone thinks everyone else is cheating. LOL.... Maybe we should just have a 2 party head of state this time around since apparently we are such a divided nation we need one president for each half of the country. :s

Hey i got a check for boat storage in the mail!!!! ;)

My kitty gal Hai Hai is laughing at us humans.

z3asvgpdhvrn.png

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I missed talk about quilting and feed dogs? DANG! That's what I get for not getting on my computer enough over the past several months....

So, I'm assuming I need to find a different thread to post my goal or habit change for November? I'll go find that and keep this one starred so I don't miss the chit chat! LOL!

:smile:
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Hi all and happy day after the election in the US where no one knows what is going on and everyone thinks everyone else is cheating. LOL.... Maybe we should just have a 2 party head of state this time around since apparently we are such a divided nation we need one president for each half of the country. :s

Hey i got a check for boat storage in the mail!!!! ;)

My kitty gal Hai Hai is laughing at us humans.

z3asvgpdhvrn.png

What a cutie! How old is she? 💞 🐈 💞
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Has anyone done a vision board? Part of me feels like I'm to old to do this, but I may give it a try. My circumstances have changed this year, and I'm feeling the need to really reflect on who am, what I want, and where I'm going.