Where did the group go?

Options
jltheis7
jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
Hi, I haven't been around much in 2020; it doesn't look like anyone else has either. This was such a great group with its daily goals and other motivating challenges. I'll keep checking to see if anyone is posting.

My goal is: For the next 16 days I will walk twice a day.

I tend to make my goals huge like listing 8 things I will do for 6 months and of course I then half-*kitten* my way through them. So a friend suggested KISS--keep it simple sister and I said I'd try.

Be well!

Replies

• jltheis7
    Options
    Today is day 8 of my 16 day challenge to walk 2 times a day. Well, I have walked twice a day so far; sometimes I have to make myself go, late and in the dark, but I did it. I have not valid reason for not doing it but I can create lots of rationalizations to put it off. It makes no sense because I enjoy the walks and feel great after.

That's something for me to journal about: why do I not want to feel good?
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Great job on the walks, and. Nice to see someone here :) I hardly ever stop by anymore!

It’s hard to get back on track, I am doing logging for the next week as my way to get back on track as I have not logged in a long time!
  • adoglover
    adoglover Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wish the group would come back. It's kind of lonely when you think you're the only one around that's 300+ lol
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Does it ever! I already struggle with isolation so the Social distancing and working from home has really fed into my food addiction. And made me feel i am the only one.

@HLaR79 Hello! You always inspired me to stick with my goals!
  • jltheis7
    Options
    12 days of walking 2 times a day 👍 my knees and ankles are more flexible and less achy!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    jltheis7 wrote: »
    Does it ever! I already struggle with isolation so the Social distancing and working from home has really fed into my food addiction. And made me feel i am the only one.

@HLaR79 Hello! You always inspired me to stick with my goals!

Thanks :) it’s really hard but it’s so much easier when you have a community, I will try to pop in a lot more often!!

Good job on the walks :) it’s true it gets so much easier with time

adoglover wrote: »
    I wish the group would come back. It's kind of lonely when you think you're the only one around that's 300+ lol

Well you can come back all the time now, I promise to stop in more often too! I don’t fall in the 300 category anymore but I have to keep working so I never do again!!!

As for my start of the week, I have logged 3 days, and been over calories for 3 days lol! It’s amazing what we eat and forget about! Soon I will get back to my right amounts
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I have been in self isolation since March 15th so its been a long year. I would check here from time to time but there was never any postings. Glad to see a few of you back!
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Time to choose next small goal. I think I will do a 5 minute stretch routine every morning for the next 5 days.

• HLaR79
    Options
    Good morning

I spoke to my diabetic nurse today, we made a new goal of 10 minute walk 3x a week.
    Hey everyone

I have been in self isolation since March 15th so its been a long year. I would check here from time to time but there was never any postings. Glad to see a few of you back!

It’s great to see you here :)

jltheis7 wrote: »
    Time to choose next small goal. I think I will do a 5 minute stretch routine every morning for the next 5 days.

This sounds like a great goal :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Good morning

I spoke to my diabetic nurse today, we made a new goal of 10 minute walk 3x a week.
    Hey everyone

It’s great to see you here :)

Nice to see you too!
    You had WLS a while back, right? How did the end of result of that turn out?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I started Christmas baking tonight, just cooling the last batch of cookies now.
    I made three batches of different flavored Christmas Crack tonight (toffee, peanut butter and mint - all chocolate) and a double batch of monster cookies.

Tomorrow is twix cookies, sugar cookies and snickdoodles.
    Tuesday is cabbage rolls and pumpkin pies. Wednesday lasagna.

My son will come and collect his. I am sad to be apart for Christmas for the first time ever but I am so happy he had a girlfriend that will be with him. I dont mind being alone but was really sad at the idea of him being alone.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Happy post-Christmas everyone

I am glad christmas eating season is over, especially this year there wasn’t a bunch of parties so that made it easier!

My husband got me a new Fitbit for Christmas so I’m hoping it will help me get back on track for exercise, my last fit bit died after 3 years!
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Happy post-Christmas everyone

I am glad christmas eating season is over, especially this year there wasn’t a bunch of parties so that made it easier!

My husband got me a new Fitbit for Christmas so I’m hoping it will help me get back on track for exercise, my last fit bit died after 3 years!

HLaR79,

This year really highlighted the focus of food during the holiday season despite the social distancing etc. There was food every day for 2 weeks at work before break. It was so difficult.

I hope the Fitbit is a helpful tool for you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have been alone since March so I did notice a big difference in holiday eating. Only on Christmas Day and New Years Eve did I really over eat. I ordered Chinese Food for Christmas and pizza and wings for New Years.....back on track now. Made a nice roast dinner yesterday and today am making beef barely soup from the leftovers.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    We have been on total social lock down here but I have 7 people who live in my house so it was not lonely!

Tomorrow I get to go have blood work to decide if my sugar is high enough to need diabetic medication again. I was warned that my med free time from weight loss would only last so long because i struggles with my sugars for so many years already! But it sucks!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    We have been on total social lock down here but I have 7 people who live in my house so it was not lonely!

Tomorrow I get to go have blood work to decide if my sugar is high enough to need diabetic medication again. I was warned that my med free time from weight loss would only last so long because i struggles with my sugars for so many years already! But it sucks!

I am a type one diabetic and have been insulin dependent since I was 12 years old. I know its a scary start, but you will make it! Are they thinking just pills for now?
    How much weight did you end up losing in the end? How is that holding steady now?

As much as it sucks to be totally alone, I dont think I would be able to live inside 24/7 with someone else.....so it really is the best for me.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I was a type 2 diabetic for 15 years, I never had to take insulin but was on 3 or 4 meds, after weight loss surgery I lost 122 lbs but I have gained back 30 lbs (my sturgeon said 15-20 was normal but my body isn’t pleased with it) My sugars were really good after my surgery my A1C was down in 5.5 range! But my last one was 6.1 so back in prediabetic range for me! Right now we are just doing diet for 3 months if I can get back below 6 that’s awesome, if not we will try adding a medication! I hated metformin it made me so sick! But that’s what they always want to give first!

I am so glad I get to go to work every day I would go crazy if I had to be 24/7 inside! They just opened us up to be able to visit 2 people outside our homes!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I was a type 2 diabetic for 15 years, I never had to take insulin but was on 3 or 4 meds, after weight loss surgery I lost 122 lbs but I have gained back 30 lbs (my sturgeon said 15-20 was normal but my body isn’t pleased with it) My sugars were really good after my surgery my A1C was down in 5.5 range! But my last one was 6.1 so back in prediabetic range for me! Right now we are just doing diet for 3 months if I can get back below 6 that’s awesome, if not we will try adding a medication! I hated metformin it made me so sick! But that’s what they always want to give first!

I am so glad I get to go to work every day I would go crazy if I had to be 24/7 inside! They just opened us up to be able to visit 2 people outside our homes!

I hope they find something to balance you out without making you sick!
    My A1C holds steady at about 6.4
    But I have been on insulin since I was a kid

Even when we are allowed social 'bubbles' I cannot partake because it is too risky for me. I am here til the bitter end......
  • 2021WLjourney
    2021WLjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I’m new here but hope to find more likeminded walkers, not the challenging type, but more the “I’ve got your back” type.

I’m Bri, 44, female, battling some chronic illnesses that come with meds and those come w weight gain. Tomorrow I’m starting (again) on Saxenda and hope for the best.

The lockdown has been rather challenging up here, (Canada) especially since the winter is difficult and long itself for walking and getting some air. But finally the snow is melting up here and I’m aiming for 3-5k steps per day.

I know I know, the golden 10k steps... well... I’m not there yet and it’ll take some time to get there.

What are your current plans for this spring? Maybe some small short term goals?
    Walks?
    Planting flowers?
    Trying to grow peas?

Looking forward to connect with you!
    Best
    Bri
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Hi Bri sorry I missed the notice of a new post!

I hear you on the golden 10k steps, but honestly any movement is better then no movement, it’s more important to make an achievable goal then to make a goal that you will stop because you can’t achieve it

I am also in Canada so winter gets me too! Makes the bones ache lol!

For March I’ve been working on getting back on track with logging food, and taking vitamins :) I’ve been doing better and feeling not to bad