Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    ... what a morning!

Started the day at 4am when my husband yelled "it's alive!" in his sleep. Unsuccessfully attempted to fall back asleep. Decided to go make some coffee. Opened a new bag of beans which then proceeded to explode all over the floor. OK. Swept that up. Made my soon to be delicious cup of coffee. Went to place my mug on the counter, underestimated the edge and then lost the battle. Co
    ffee all over the floor. Wiped then moped that up. Decided I didn't need coffee and went back to our room to get dressed for work.

Cheers to it being my last work day of the week! On towards a better afternoon!

Hope you guys have a great day!

Great attitude! Did you ever find out what your husband was dreaming about? :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 12/22 65 minute walk

12/23
    food logged
    over calories :( family Christmas
    128 oz water drank.
    7 hours of sleep

Immediate family Christmas where my sister insisted we have chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, biscuits , green beans and desert. Ate smaller portions but still over calorie budget. Have one more celebration Sunday. Just trying to maintain weight over the holidays.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am always so amazed that you and your dog can walk that far/long! That is so wonderful!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,539 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am always so amazed that you and your dog can walk that far/long! That is so wonderful!

Thanks I love it ...but my body doesn't during the colder months ... My hips are on fire and my foot hurts but I am determine to not let it stop me :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

12/23
    food logged
    128 oz water drank.
    7 hours of sleep

Immediate family Christmas where my sister insisted we have chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, biscuits , green beans and desert. Ate smaller portions but still over calorie budget. Have one more celebration Sunday. Just trying to maintain weight over the holidays.

Sounds like a yummy dinner ...I am missing steps for 12/21 sorry if I missed it
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    December 22 and December 23

Dec. 22
    Track - yes
    exercise - yes ( walk )
    Steps - 6968

Dec. 23
    Track - yes
    Exercise - Heck, yes
    Steps - 17859

NSV - After exercising so much yesterday, I notice today I am less tense and nervous and feel just more relaxed and in a better mood!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Hey Linda, I think you are getting your covid test today? I really am pulling for your for it to be negative. I know you are concerned about your move and getting this done. As far as your question, since I teach adults, the break will remain at 2 weeks instead of the four weeks for kids. Of course, I don't have work for this week or next week, but I do have EI.

@eaturpasta
    Sorry to hear it's been so challenging right now. I think it makes sense that we have ups and downs in motivation as with anything else. Sometimes life is a bit of a rollercoaster! I hope you feel better and that your recover completely and can start fresh in the new year!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    ... what a morning!

Started the day at 4am when my husband yelled "it's alive!" in his sleep. Unsuccessfully attempted to fall back asleep. Decided to go make some coffee. Opened a new bag of beans which then proceeded to explode all over the floor. OK. Swept that up. Made my soon to be delicious cup of coffee. Went to place my mug on the counter, underestimated the edge and then lost the battle. Co
    ffee all over the floor. Wiped then moped that up. Decided I didn't need coffee and went back to our room to get dressed for work.

Cheers to it being my last work day of the week! On towards a better afternoon!

Hope you guys have a great day!

That sounds like a go back to bed morning! Hope your day went better.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post December 22
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 6014

Yesterday did not really go as expected. I was gonna bake cookies with the kids, then workout and shower while they cooled. My brother and his family were coming in the late afternoon to help with decorating them. Well they texted in the morning they wanted to come early. They were at my house all day until late at night so no workout for me. I'm not super upset about it though, we had a great time! The cookies are beautiful and resting on the counter until Christmas Eve.
    Today I'm planning on making a couple paleo desserts to bring and also some chicken veggie soup. We traditionally have soups for Christmas Eve, and prime rib for Christmas day dinner.

sounds like you had a nice day! Soup sounds so good. I love soup. We always have finger foods but my daughter is going to send some over to us.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :186.6
    PW: 187
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: .6

Steps
    12/20 9,488
    12/21 9,776
    12/22 9,820

My Fitbit has been giving me issues staying connected again let’s hope this current fix says because it is super annoying.

Praying I can stay focused these next couple of days. I am letting my husband cook Xmas breakfast and dinner since I have been doing so much cooking with this meal plan. I plan to skip his breakfast or just have a tiny bit because it is not healthy in the least but it is his family’s tradition:

I think it is important to not deprive ourselves. Have a little bit and enjoy!

Steps 12/22: 17,402

1. No snooze✔️
    2. Steps✔️
    3. Meditate✔️
    4. Within calories✔️
    5. Exercise ✔️

The rest of the week is going to be a challenge--already gave in to the snooze button this morning. 😉Need to find some time to make up for this morning's missed exercise.

Happy Holidays!

I hope you got to squeeze your exercise in. The dreaded snooze button.

Just got home from a 6.11 mile walk ....I have decided to try the 30 day shred again by Jillian Michael's come the 1st and if I am not too sore to also go on walks with Aspen :) It is time to incorporate strength training :)

That sounds great Megan. I am still trying find a plan for the new year. I'm finishing a 4 week strength program this week and would like to start something new. I've heard that Beachbody programs, LIIFT4 and PX90 are really good, but extremely challenging.

Was there a particular program you followed? Once we come out of lockdown I want to do a simple strength program. The exercise room is not equipped like a full gym but I want a routine.
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh in on Friday
    My checkin yesterday didn't save? Oh well, guess that happens on the phone once in awhile.

checkin for yesterday 12/22
    Steps 2471

Today checkin 12/23
    Steps 6256

My daughter headed back to TN this evening. It has been a fun but exhausting few days, trying to make up for a 1.5 years of not seeing each other, thanks to Covid and her not being able to come home this past spring or summer.

The best Christmas present!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options

12/23
    food logged
    128 oz water drank.
    7 hours of sleep

You are still logging so that is good. I think maintaining over Christmas is a great plan.

lelbarou wrote: »
    December 22 and December 23

Dec. 22
    Track - yes
    exercise - yes ( walk )
    Steps - 6968

Dec. 23
    Track - yes
    Exercise - Heck, yes
    Steps - 17859

NSV - After exercising so much yesterday, I notice today I am less tense and nervous and feel just more relaxed and in a better mood!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Isn’t exercise wonderful. It is a natural antidepressant. When I was walking it really set my mood for the day. Can’t wait for lockdown to be over to start using the pool!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 4 (Wednesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    WED 12/23: 10,146 (circuit training) + 7,931 = 18,077
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options

Thanks ... I have a few BeachyBody programs ... I love Shawn T's Rockin Abs, Hip Hop Abs and Cize ...I also have Slim in 6 which I did a while back and had great success :)

I need to look into those too, thanks! :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options

Was there a particular program you followed? Once we come out of lockdown I want to do a simple strength program. The exercise room is not equipped like a full gym but I want a routine.

I've been using the Peloton app (it's only $12.99/month) for strength. I did a kickstart program in tandem with my own lifting as part of a group challenge online, to motivate me. You can use it with your new gym's tread and bike for walks, bootcamps, runs or spins. It also offers yoga, cardio, meditation, outdoor run and walk (nice for spring). It's really helped me through the pandemic.

I'm going to try Apple Fitness and I'm open to other suggestions also. I try to change it up a lot so I don't get bored since I'm stuck at home.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    a8vz5yh94ura.jpeg
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/23: 16,346

1. No snooze ❌
    2. Steps ✔️
    3. Meditate ✔️
    4. Exercise ✔️
    5. Within calories ✔️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve Everyone :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3791

Quick post here, was up pretty late last night, which means I slept in this morning and am now getting everything ready for today. Yesterday I made paleo Peppermint fudge and molasses spice cookies, Texas Chili and Chicken veggie soup all to bring to my parents for tonight. Today I have some maple cinnamon almonds drying in the oven, it smells good in here haha. Need to load up my car with presents for our first day of gift opening!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Bluetail6
    Thursday
    PW: 168.2
    CW: 167
    LTD: 27

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate :):)
This discussion has been closed.