Dec 9-13 Weigh In

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
LW 234.9
TW 234.5

Kelly you're cracking me up - you're right...there's NOTHING NEW people!! lol. But I do miss chatting with some of my friends.

Sarah and Kelly - What I did when we first started working from home was to walk around the block to "go to work" and again at the end of the I "walked home". That worked until the mornings were already 90 and I felt like I needed a shower when I got back home and I just don't function well if I went before and then showered. I like to sleep until the last possible moment...hahaha. I know you've got snow but you had snow up north too....maybe that could be something - until it becomes horrendous of course (puppies might enjoy it as well) and as I need to take my own advice, we all have a TM and we need to think of them as our friends :smile: (My TM is currently barricaded - hubby and I need to clear it out again...not sure when, probably thanksgiving, we threw a bunch of storage stuff in the area and now I can't get in there.) I'm starting that this week to walk to/from work...but not today because it's trash day and PEE-WHEW do those trash cans stink!! And it's big trash pick up day so we currently have five trucks and a forklift in the neighborhood...I forgot and actually have my sneakers on to go for the walk. All of the trucks have been around since I opened the door to go out...so I went to Starbucks for a decaf coffee and tea. I've been good about making my own decaf coffee at home this past week...I'm working on phasing Starbucks to a treat and not a daily intake. This is the first step on the road to my "recovery" :)

My weigh in this morning has not changed since Monday....holding at 234.5...l. So I'm not gaining - there's the positive and when I looked back at last week I'm actually down .4 WIN WIN WIN

I've told myself that while on vacation over the holiday I need to come up with AND BEGIN a new lifestyle to get myself back on track. Hubby and MIL can do what they want...I'll make their chicken, but I'm going to be figuring out what I need to do for ME. I'm important too over here. Oh lord, those two if something were to happen to me....eeeek! haha Anyway, I want to be true to myself as well. Anyway, gals I need to commit and hold to myself. And last night as I was getting ready to shut down, I did start looking at some Personal Trainers. I haven't decided if I want to go somewhere private (not a big box gym), have them come here (no where to really train anymore as we still have stuff shuffled from moving in MIL which is a goal to clear over the holiday as well) or start with virtual. My meal plan, while Lance's plan was very close to keto and tripled my triglycerides, I can't go that severe - even though the physical results are what I'm wanting, I can't take the risk with my existing hypertension (btw a co worker who has been keto for a year, we were chatting and his trigs tripled this year as well...I told him that happened to me and that's not for the better for me...I can't do the high protein and high fat. I did question myself if it was that meal plan but it happened to him as well as another co-worker (also following keto and told my friend)). So I need to find that right and healthy balance. I don't want to mess up the cholesterol numbers but I do want to reduce the glucose. On that note, this posting has just caused me to not be so frustrated with hubby. Hubby put out the trash cans, however, when I came back from Starbucks I realized he hadn't tossed out the house trash that I emptied from the refrigerator last night...and I saw the box for the frozen sarah lee cheesecake. The brat ate the entire cheesecake by himself!! Well after typing all of this, I'm now happy that I didn't consume those calories or sugars! So thank you ladies that we regularly post here. It has really helped me!

OK. have to get some work done. I'll check in later.

Replies

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Lois you're absolutely right. I should just get on my stuff in the morning and go for a walk. I think the difference here compared to when I was up north is that I don't totally feel safe walking in the dark here and it's dark until 8:00am at the moment. Scary people are more worrysome to me than scary animals in the dark lol Plus, I'm fairly certain my husband wouldn't like me walking in the dark. What I'm going to do is get back on the treadmill in the morning for 30 minutes. That makes a huge difference for me to start the day like that. Thanks for the idea!
    Great job on the loss too! Way better than going up! Also, you're correct in that you're important too and you have to do what is best for you, even if it's more difficult. If you start eating more healthy, then likely your husband will eventually follow suit.

Ugh, so our lockdown got extended until January 8th, which means we can't celebrate Christmas or New Years with anyone outside of our household. I had a rough day yesterday and bawled my face off for a bit while working alone at home. I'm struggling with not being able to see my family. My parents are getting older and I just feel like our time is already limited enough. I miss people. Not being able to have a coffee with someone or go for lunch or just visit in person is tough. I miss hugs and I'm not even a hugger. We already had a plan in case this happened as it was expected. Shawn and I will be celebrating with the kids and their Mom (Jodi). We have a great relationship with her, if I haven't told you that already. So this year we'll be going to her house for Dec 24th appetizers and games at night and then we'll come back Dec 25th for present opening. The kids will come back to our house in the afternoon and Jodi will join them, and we're going to make a big Christmas Dinner for the 5 of us. Gotta make the most of it.

Sarah - I hope everything is going well with the job and you've found a way to get in some steps.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 135.6
    TW: 135.6

So the good news is that I didn't gain, and the bad news is that I didn't lose!

I decided a few weeks ago to track weight daily in Fitbit so I can see trends. This past week I went as low as 135.0 and as high as 137.4. I am staying true to my 2-3 pound swing! But I'm trying to be grateful that the high isn't 144.8 (like is was for what felt like years). When I weigh once a week, if that day happens to be on the high side, it doesn't affect me in a good way and I tend to get discouraged.

Right now, I have a big ole knot in my stomach. :/ I just opened an email from my soon to be new employer and he said that they have found funding for me until August 9 and possibly longer. I thought I was committing to a 9-1/2 week gig. I don't sign a contract saying I'll stay a certain amount time, so I suppose I should just look at this as a possibility that I can take advantage of or not. If I don't want to stay, all I would owe them would be a decent advance notice. But it still makes me feel anxious. Part of my anxiety is not wanted to get trapped at a desk again. I feel so much better since I'm not putting in those 50 hour weeks. However, I know that this new emergency response team job will be high stress and fast paced, so half those hours may feel just as crazy.

Sounds like we all need to remember that we can't do much for anyone else unless we take care of ourselves. I'm depending on you ladies to remind me of that. :)

I also said that I'd post a weekly goal today. I have been thinking about what I'm doing that's good and what is still lacking. I think what is lacking is moving more of my body than what gets moved when I walk. I know that is more than just my legs, but I need more. So my goal for this week is also do stretching or do arm exercises either without weights or with only 2 pounds weights. If I alternate those I can hopefully not pull anything else. Lois, after reading your experience with a rotator cuff injury, I am going to listen carefully to my body and also mention this when I get my annual physical on December 17. I had to get down and crawl under the Christmas tree yesterday in a effort to do something better with the tree skirt. The branch are low and that's a tight squeeze. As I got up and down and moved around I could feel how I need to bend and stretch more.

Kelly, I also feel a little anxious walking outside at night. In warm weather, I'll do it if I stay in our three cul-de-sacs. There are always people out and about, doors open, etc. But now that it's cold (and I saw a few flakes of snow earlier), by dark most people are inside except maybe the occasional dog walker. And our streetlights on the cul-de-sacs are designed more for looks than light I think. So more TM time indeed.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Just had to share - I DID get out for a mid day .55 mi walk today!!! All of the trucks are gone and - ok I don't want to rub it in, but it's gorgeous outside. It's actually chillier in the house. Wishing I had put on capris for my midday walk. I know I'll prefer my pants in the am and evening, but the sun sure felt nice. I wish I could get MIL out when it's nice like this. Going to try later this afternoon when she comes down again.

Sarah - like you said, you can always say no later...however, think about your housekeeper and the help she provides and you won't have to worry about her not being able to come in again... :wink: and glad you'll mention it to your dr. Just to be safe. AND great job at maintaining!! :wink:

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Yeah for the more than half mile walk and don't feel bad about the weather. :) Every day I check the weather in Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Winnipeg, and DC because it is interesting to see how we all cope in different climes!
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    LW: 133.2
    TW: 132.4

Well good. I'm trying to push to 130 by New Year's Eve. . think I can do it?

Sorry I've been MIA . . we had a keyboard issue with the Mac, and I finally paired the keyboard I have for the iPad, and it worked. I read through your posts from last week, but am still reading this week's.

I've been doing the Christmas shopping (online), receiving, wrapping and we're finally shipping big boxes tomorrow to California and Oregon families. Got my Christmas ham too. Cards (the few I still mail out) are going out tomorrow. Taking gifts around to friends tomorrow also. (to leave on porches) I facetimed with them, and one of my friends here has Covid. :/ She's 64 years old, and still working in her real estate business. She is recovering well, but I'm glad we haven't been going out in person like we always have. Had our Zoom family get together last night, playdate today with the 5 year old. 8 year old is tomorrow. I did weight training and cardio workout Monday, and just cardio yesterday. Nothing today. I'm also STILL working with the upholsterer to get my sectional sofa done. That thing has taken forever.

Hubby and I think we'll be done with Christmas after tomorrow, so I made an appointment for us to get the first of two Shingrix shingles vaccinations Friday afternoon . . if we feel crappy after we can lay around all weekend. We decided to go get it because my brother-in-law has come down with a pretty serious case of shingles. Yeah, my sister's husband! He has a couple in or near his eyes. They have really been going through the wringer with their health lately. She is doing better, but is still only able to keep liquid meals down . . .solid food comes right back up. I don't know how she's taking care of both of them. Her oldest daughter lives nearby and has been bringing them what they need. Please send them your prayers.

I'm dead tired and ready to watch some tv with hubby and then to bed. I'll come back in the morning to finish reading your posts. . Lois, make that plan for after Xmas, and for sure free your TM from the cover of stuff, lol. Sarah, your job sounds like it will be exciting for the times we're in. (I know I feel glad you'll be there!) But, keep up the great work on yourself. Hopefully your arm is getting better. Don't give up on the weights. You've been doing so well. Kelly, I love the puppy. <3 I hope Shawn's foot is healing. Also, be glad you're in Canada where the government takes the virus seriously and tries to help and protect the people there.

Be back tomorrow.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    OK...so today I woke up to rain rain rain. We in AZ have no idea what that is so I decided to again, not do a Starbucks run, but I'm also not going to go walking in the neighborhood. This morning I made my decaf coffee, some banana nut bread oatmeal from that book InstantLoss (the family really likes it) and I'm hard at work updating you gals!! LOL.

Sheesh great reduction and so glad you now have a keyboard for your iPad (I was thinking of ordering you one and having it shipped LOL) I have two different ones (one has the mousepad and the other doesn't). They do help a lot. Enjoy your family time. So so sad to hear of your sister's hubby. Glad their daughter is nearby - that is the main reason we moved MIL here, anytime she was not well, I had to call on my friends to help her and I felt that was happening too often. It would have been easier if we lived closer. And, since she's been with us, she's not as ill as she used to be. She used to not feel well quite often in Cali. I will keep your sister and her hubby in my prayers. I swear God has no idea what's going on with me...he hasn't heard from me in the last 50+ years and here I am on a daily, sometimes multi times daily asking for him to watch over and care for us!

Like you, we've ordered just about everything online. Sadly my son ordered an ipad for my daughter who lives in Okinawa (we are all pitching in for their present) before Thanksgiving and it hasn't arrived. I ordered one from Costco last week and it hasn't arrived either - even tho two reps told me it was on its way. I think it dropped in a crevice somewhere. The UPS label was created, but UPS says they haven't received it yet. It was due here yesterday. I ran to the local Costco and NOPE none to be had, well the 12pro super deluxe for 1200 was there but nothing even near our budget. I have the case I ordered for it. I was going to send that and have them unwrap it, but we decided we are going to have my son in law wrap an empty box and they can unwrap it on Christmas morning and we'll tell them that we'll get one to them as soon as one of us receives one. UGH. It was such a great idea as we facetime with them weekly and they're on an iPhone 8plus. The iPad will show Rhea much much better. Now to begin the wrapping process. EEK!

Oh and I also got in an evening walk around the block, after returning from Costco. Oh the neighborhood is so pretty with the decorations. I want to put MIL in her wheelchair and take her to see them one night. She can walk as much as she can and then I'd push. I'm not going to push her the entire time.... :smile:

• wiredkell
    Options
    Totally forgot to weigh in this morning before I chugged water and hopped in the shower at 5am. I set my reminder for tomorrow.
    I started doing the Workout For Women app on my phone daily with my friend. We do the short workout, then send a picture to each other to show that we did it. Keeps us accountable and it's a little something extra from what I have been doing. I also got my 10,000 steps yesterday, which was a first in a handful of days.
    So sorry to hear about your family's health issues Sheesh. They are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. <3
    Sarah - your job sounds like it's going to be fairly high paced and exciting. Just remember that if you're not happy with it and it's making you feel stressed and unhappy, you can quit at anytime. It's nice not being tied to a contract in some ways. You'll be a great at it for sure and just remember that it's just a job. We work to live, not live to work. I sure shifted to that mentality over the past few years.
    Lois - Awesome job with updating us and doing recipes from your InstantLoss book! Ya, I hate rain too. It actually rained here last night, which really sucks. We have next to no snow left and the temperatures have been record breaking warm for this time of year. Starting Monday it's supposed to get back to seasonal temps, so that should help with us making our backyard skating rink. The kids are really looking forward to us setting one up this year, especially with hockey on pause.
    Shawn's foot has been off and on sore. He really doesn't think it's gout. He says it feels more like a nerve issue. His foot was really sore last night, so he just took some Advil this morning and then within a half hour he could walk normally. I'm thinking that it's inflammation that's pinching a nerve or something. Just have to figure out why it's inflammed. Poor shoes probably.
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Lois, like you always say, any reduction is a reduction. Sarah, maintaining is great, especially when you’re maintaining a new lower weight. Kelly got her 10K steps and is rocking a new workout app, so we’ve all done great, especially considering work, Christmas, and Covid! High five to us!

Sarah, I hope your job is rewarding and only as much of a challenge as you enjoy. I know for sure it’s important work you’re doing. Kelly’s right, if it’s too much, you can always change your mind. It’s our prerogative as women, right? ;)

I didn’t get a workout today since I spent the day dropping off Christmas gifts to friends, and mailing off to family. We’re all finished now, other than cooking. I might make some cookies and other traditional holiday stuff. But, tomorrow we’re getting that vaccination, so I might be in bed over the weekend, lol! I hope not.

I added Winnipeg to my weather locations on my iPhone, so I’ve got all your weather. (Good idea Sarah) Kelly, our temps have been pretty close. In addition to cold, we’ve had an inversion, and that traps fog and pollution in our valleys. Yuk. So, for the sake of my lungs, I do not walk or run outside when it’s like that. Treadmill it is. I’m fortunate to have a pretty good gym room in my basement, but it can be hard to get the motivation to get down there to do it. Sarah, I’m glad you’re not going to give up on doing some resistance training. There’s a lot you can do with no dumbbells, only body weight. Also, I was going to tell you that I don’t do any overhead lifting anymore. It just aggravates my traps and neck muscles too much, and there’s really no need for it.

• Lastchancelj
    Options
    OK...I added all of your locations to my weather app as well. Good idea! BBRRR you guys are COLD! SHeesh - you are right a reduction is a reduction!!!

Kelly - I downloaded the app and will take a look at it as well. Always looking for motivation.

Ok Ladies, last night I did get out for my evening walk and AGAIN THIS MORNING...though it was 48 outside it gave me a chance to wear long sleeves!!! It was refreshing. The rain continued all day and even started to sprinkle again as I was close to home. But I got those .6 miles in. My steps are so much fewer here at home. I must clear a pathway to my equipment. Tonight and tomorrow's goals possibly into Sunday. I don't just want to move them to a new location only to have to move them back for NYE when the kids and Rhea come back.

Hubby said a kid in his TKD classes a couple of weeks ago had tested positive for COVID. Last time he was in class environment was last Thursday and he started to not feel well on Saturday and got the positive test results yesterday. Hubby doesn't break the social distance area between the kids and is masked up and disinfects between each class. Classes are limited to six students per class on his floor. We were attempting to get hubby tested, but there are no appts available - they only allow up until Saturday. I got online early this am and secured him a Sunday appt at noon! WOW. We do not believe he has contracted and it's been over a week since he was possibly exposed! UGH! So now he's sleeping in the other room and staying away from me and MIL. Although if he's positive, there's no help for us.

Anyhow, I just wanted to jump on and let you all know, that I'm working on my walking! :smile:

• wiredkell
    Options
    SW: 163.6
    LW: 162.9
    TW: 163.1

Ah.. dang it. Not surprising though. I just plain need to step it up more.. that is all lol

Lois - ugh... I sure hope your Husband tests negative. I can't believe how different it is everywhere in order to get tested. In our province, you have to be symptomatic in order to get tested or if Public Health deemed you to be a close contact of someone who tested positive. I'm sure our numbers would be much higher if they tested everyone, but I understand why they can't. There are also only a few places you can make appointments to get tested. Most of the test sites are just drive ups, but you could wait in line for hours. Great job on the even walks and for downloading that app. Even though the workouts on the app are super short, I sure feel them the next day and I get quite the sweat going on during.

Sheesh - I added all of our locations to my weather app too just now and noticed our temps are very similar at the moment. We will be getting colder starting on Monday though to more seasonal temps. Hard to believe when I see the temps in Phoenix of 20ºC (68ºF). That's insane to me for December!

Sarah - I hope work is going well for you! Happy Friday!
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    We were able to get hubby an appt today. It took about 2 hours to find a location and get one scheduled. No time at the testing site. Surprisingly. Now we wait. Meanwhile he’s keeping his distance and sleeping in the spare room. No symptoms so expecting negative results.

So I kept the walking up Over the weekend.got in one walk yesterday I didn’t sleep hardly at all Friday night. Tossed and turned and no idea why. So super tired on Saturday and only one lap. This morning MIL and I had a situation about her pills in the family rooom - and this time three out of the container and on top of her phone on the ottoman and she relaxed and was watching
    Mass on tv. I blew up really blew up. So I went for a walk after removing all of her pills from the ottoman and her pockets. Walked 1.5 miles with the neighbors who were just headed out with their dogs and the. Another 1.8 tonight to finish a 5k for the hot chocolate. I don’t think I’d survive a 5k in one run. So I earned my jacket tonight. And it was a beautiful Christmas lit 58 degree walk.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Ok. Got in an am walk AND a pm walk!! Sadly the am walk ended with my neighbor attempting to call me but seeing me walking called me over to her house. Her hubby was having difficulty breathing and she already called 911. I heard the sirens so I ran back across the street and gathered water and snacks in preparation for a long wait in the waiting room. Once they loaded him into the ambulance I went over when the paramedic told me we would not be able to go to the hospital. Duh!! So I brought her over to our house and we chatted and waited. She made a few phone calls and gathered herself. She went back home about an hour later and about 30 mins after that she had the update that he had pneumonia and they were starting treatment. Covid was negative so only pneumonia. They are keeping him for observation. These are the neighbors who came for thanksgiving. We’ve been through a lot together and between them and the old neighbors next to them I am Conditioned and the designated driver to these spouses whenever their hubbys took the expensive way to the hospital that’s less than 2 miles and 4 lights away. I was able to work most of the day and checked in her throughout. She’s ok now. We took their two massive labs for a walk this evening when I was done. We went about a mile this evening but can’t tell for sure as my garmin died at .57 miles and 11 mins in. The dogs were happy to go and were happy to get home.

Stay healthy and safe ladies