Afraid to Lose Weight

ladyzherra
ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
I know that this might sound weird for anyone who has not experienced it, but I avoided weighing myself for a long time because when I see the scale go down, I immediately am triggered and begin to resort to my eating disorder of binge eating disorder, trying to regain the weight.

I have done lots of reading on this, and have worked with a therapist, of course, and across 20 years I have developed many useful tools and learned how to cope with this mechanism as best I can. But I wondered if others have trauma around losing weight.

I recently wrote a blog about this, as I continue my wellness journey. I am Week 9 of the journey and would love any support!

https://elanavery.com/2020/12/14/wellness-diary-week-9/

Replies

• haitsemahal
    haitsemahal Posts: 48 Member
    I can relate to you. I'm actually looking for a therapist to help me with issue. I don't know that I would say "try" to regain my weight because I don't need to try. I have a lot of mental blocks and I definitely consciously self-sabatoge. It's rough but I'm back and am determined to keep with it. I don't think I'll be able to do it without a therapist though.