What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• artsmart422
    artsmart422 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well I haven’t been doing to well with this Challenge, I think I was still riding a holiday mindset where I can eat treats because it is....what? It is what? Even writing this I realize how off this thinking is especially when the holidays were so different this year.
    Ok I know Im too far gone for the circle but I will do my best to log here my success.
    On a good note I exercised today for the first time in 2 weeks and ate under my calories!
    So one day at a time....
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hey Arts, exercising is good, and so is eating under your calories. Keep it up and good things will happen.

I am having real trouble logging my food, mostly get error messages. This has been a problem off and on for a long time, but today and yesterday it is particularly bad. Anyone have suggestions?
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    @artsmart422 It def is a difficult time of year and i can totally relate! Hope ur back on track today tho! This group helps us get back on track stay focused and positive wen we usually wld not. Well done with the exercise and low cal eating and all the best with ur weight loss goals. U can so do this!

@alligatorob on the odd occasion i hve errors wen i complete my diary but it usually comes good the next day. Sorry i cant be more help.

Hve a great day my friends!!!
  • artsmart422
    artsmart422 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks alligatorob and donna25 for the support I’m logging and even measuring everything so I can be honest( you know wink wink the cup of cereal that is really 2.5 cups) I’m done fooling myself, time to get real. I decided to either do this or just be happy a little fat and shut up about it! Lol It’s one or the other, no point in complaining about something, either do something about it or just accept it.♥️Love and honor yourself is my 2021 mantra🥰
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Thanks alligatorob and donna25 for the support I’m logging and even measuring everything so I can be honest( you know wink wink the cup of cereal that is really 2.5 cups) I’m done fooling myself, time to get real. I decided to either do this or just be happy a little fat and shut up about it! Lol It’s one or the other, no point in complaining about something, either do something about it or just accept it.♥️Love and honor yourself is my 2021 mantra🥰

Good to hear and good on u @artsmart422!!!! U got this!!!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    i39elcb8k7zw.jpg My first time in the 140s since I was 12 years old, over 50 years ago! I am not still trying to lose weight, just maintaining in the 150s would make me happy. I am down from an all time high of 360 several years ago and 320 last year. If I stay in the 140s I may up my calories a bit.
    Wow, well done @alligatorob i cant believe how much weight u hve lost! Just incredible and so inspirational!
  • donna25trinity
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I wld love to hear tips you all hve used to combat comfort eating. This 2 month uac journey i hve been on has made it very clear that i eat after stressful events. Wld love to hear how u guys manage this?? My whole life i hve always been so determined by eating healthy and exercising but always hve been on the chubby side and its more apparent than ever that this " comfort eating" i do to feel better after im stressed is wat is holding me back. Uac has been amazing as it is making me accountable and although i hve not fully stopped comfort eating uac has made me aware as to wat the issue is and i also can no longer just sweep it under the rug like i hve for the last 37 years of my life! I am 1.5 kgs away from being in the healthy weight range so am really proud of how far ive come! Any advice or tips wld be appreciated.

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob Wow, that is amazing! Congrats on your incredible weight loss and that you are doing well maintaining!

@donna25trinity I don't really have any advice but wanted to say how awesome it is that you are so close to the healthy range! Congrats on your hard work.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity one thing I do is make sure that I don’t keep unhealthy stuff in the house, but that only works if everyone in your household is ok with the idea. I live alone so it’s easy for me.
    Other aspect would be to find something different that brings you comfort. We all need to have some way to relax and reduce stress. For me, there is nothing like a good hard Jiu Jitsu session to get my mind off a rough day, but you need to find what works for you. I also love losing myself in a good book for a few hours.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @Bovaryoo thanks so much for your kind words! Ive lost 22.2 kg since my 9 month old baby was born.

@Dory_42 awesome strategies love them and will give them a go! Thanks a bunch! Hope all is still going strong with u and u man btw. So romantic. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Happy Australia Day to all my Aussie uac peeps!
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity My advice would be quite similar to that of @Dory_42: Keep yourself occupied (walk, crafts) or have healthy options on hand (tea or bland food such as salad without dressing). Hope that helps!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity Add my 5 cents to this: No comfort food in the house, bags or boxes of ready-made chopped carrot sticks, cucumber in the fridge, low- calorie dip, going for a walk, get music ready in-ear for furious walk, start a knitting project, brush your teeth thoroughly and gargle with something minty! You won't want to put anything into that beautifully clean mouth! Wrap yourself in a comfort blanket, watch a film and drink tea, lots of interesting tea options.
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    One more, confirmed by @MadisonMolly2017 earlier as well: Eat stuff you LIKE. No point in preparing salads if you hate them. I pre-prepare comfort foods in winter, like root soups or I plan mash potatoes with steamed fish. Baked sweet potatoes are great, etc. Do me a friend request and you can see my meals ...
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @Ja_Kl and @Chinkiri awesome advice which i shall def take on board! Thank u so much i really appreciate it. I was buying treats for hubby and getting him to hide them but must admit i hve gotten lazy with that lately, so i think u guys are right the trick is to not hve them in the house at all! I am also now pretty excited to find a hobby to replace food! As u guys said cups of tea, reading, crafts and knitting can get me started. Thanks again guys! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    One more, confirmed by @MadisonMolly2017 earlier as well: Eat stuff you LIKE. No point in preparing salads if you hate them. I pre-prepare comfort foods in winter, like root soups or I plan mash potatoes with steamed fish. Baked sweet potatoes are great, etc. Do me a friend request and you can see my meals ...

This is soooo true! I totally agree! Thanks for the reminder! Okay sweet that wld be fantastic, ill add u! Thanks!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I wld love to hear tips you all hve used to combat comfort eating. This 2 month uac journey i hve been on has made it very clear that i eat after stressful events. Wld love to hear how u guys manage this?? My whole life i hve always been so determined by eating healthy and exercising but always hve been on the chubby side and its more apparent than ever that this " comfort eating" i do to feel better after im stressed is wat is holding me back. Uac has been amazing as it is making me accountable and although i hve not fully stopped comfort eating uac has made me aware as to wat the issue is and i also can no longer just sweep it under the rug like i hve for the last 37 years of my life! I am 1.5 kgs away from being in the healthy weight range so am really proud of how far ive come! Any advice or tips wld be appreciated.

Hi @donna25trinity.

My BIG ah-ha was three-fold
    1. Food is broken into nutrients, which are measured by lab tests. Those nutrients give us energy, repairs our body, etc.
    What this meant to me? After 50 years of eating what I thought would taste good, I realized I’d missed the boat. I began eating for Health Ie to provide those nutrients!

2. Comfort food is NOT comforting the next day when scale is up & fear of regain occurs.
    I actually will tell myself out loud “Food can’t comfort; it’s nutrients.”

3. To me, a huge part of losing weight & maintaining is learning how to handle stress. “This is difficult, but short-lived.”
    “Everything changes; expect it.”
    “Tears aren’t weakness; they can be a way some of us relieve stress.”
    Walks help everything.
    Self-kindness means caring for ourselves when we are stressed as we would a friend or young child. Empathizing, loving, distracting, soothing.

I hope this helps!
    You’ve got this!

Hugs,
    Maddie
  • Chinkiri
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @WALK! Or at least phone a friend!
  • donna25trinity
    Options

Hi @donna25trinity.

My BIG ah-ha was three-fold
    1. Food is broken into nutrients, which are measured by lab tests. Those nutrients give us energy, repairs our body, etc.
    What this meant to me? After 50 years of eating what I thought would taste good, I realized I’d missed the boat. I began eating for Health Ie to provide those nutrients!

2. Comfort food is NOT comforting the next day when scale is up & fear of regain occurs.
    I actually will tell myself out loud “Food can’t comfort; it’s nutrients.”

3. To me, a huge part of losing weight & maintaining is learning how to handle stress. “This is difficult, but short-lived.”
    “Everything changes; expect it.”
    “Tears aren’t weakness; they can be a way some of us relieve stress.”
    Walks help everything.
    Self-kindness means caring for ourselves when we are stressed as we would a friend or young child. Empathizing, loving, distracting, soothing.

I hope this helps!
    You’ve got this!

Hugs,
    Maddie

Thanks Maddie just like all the other comments again this one really hit home for me. Its comforting to know that all of ur guys mindsets, strategies u hve implemented and self awareness has worked for u all as that means it can also work for me! Take care and thanks again!