Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

A healthy & positive mindset can bring more changes to your daily life than you could ever imagine, When I think about the mindset I had when I was younger compared to my recent years it's a night and day difference, My family always mentions it aswell.

For me back in 2017 I had realized I couldn't continue with the excuse mentality, I had a reason that I couldn't do anything and then after coming up with that conclusion I decided to change it that morning with a healthy breakfast.

And then from there I researched more and I bought a calorie book to track, Changed my music genre, opened my blinds & curtains, Started listening to speeches on youtube from Military to bodybuilders to motivational speakers and then started working out and hiking and I stayed on that ride for over a year and I honestly don't know if I had one bad day in 2017.

My mindset has slightly changed since then but it's been back on track as of the start of this year.

@SimonsChange
    Exactly! Now my goal is to totally infuse that mindset/ habits permanently into my “dont have to think about it” identity. Will take some time, but what could be a better use of my time?! :) The key for me seems to be researching & realizing WHY daily exercise matters, why I need certain micro nutrients. Etc.

Have a great time in 2021!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Yes, yes, but no exercise, still not feeling 100% so exercise is losing out.
    I am still eating fine and logging when the app cooperates so I think I will be ok, just no WC this month.

I have given thought to the quote below, but do not think I will ever by that person, I really envy people who can be. I don't think I will ever be able to just eat when hungry, not without a struggle. I suspect I will always either have to closely track calories or get fat again.
    Overeating is too much a part of my nature. Oh well, all I can do is keep trying.
    So I think I’d the Identity of someone who maintains effortlessly...
    I think of friends I know who are normal weight, active, make healthy food choices...and food is not a “pull” on them.

So, I was walking down the sidewalk to do a Starbucks pick up, and Really took a look in the store windows as I did so (usually haven’t in my life)

And the Identity comment popped into my head.
    “I am a person who: stands tall & lean with a long confident stride.” And then a feeling came over me -and these friends- and I began to image what they would be doing/saying to themselves. Inhabiting or trying on their identity. They would have ordered differently- less sweet, smaller sizes.

So I then adopted that
    “I am a person who orders small sizes & chooses the healthiest option, but prefers to eat at home with her own delicious meals”

That instead of:
    I can’t eat out
    Ok you can have a “treat” once a day
    Oh well at least it was a grande not a venti
    No bargaining
    No fighting my old habits & family of origins modeled eating..

A NEW identity -
    eats when hungry, wouldn’t think if it otherwise

Would never overeat, feels awful

Looks in store windows at svelte self- happy confident

Uses her energy to pursue interests & help others - not fill time eating out

Handles emotions is ways that work - wouldn’t think of eating to squelch them

Etc.

@alligatorob That may well be true for me, too. But I’m going to give the identity work a chance AND keep tracking every bite, every step, and my weight. I won’t mess with any of those until the scale doesn’t creep up in January (interestingly I don’t overeat over holidays lol)...

I know I’m beating the statistics right now, so I’m making “no sudden movements”!” Haha
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    RBnorth66 wrote: »
    Thanks for the post from Maddie. It was very helpful. Today I had difficulty tracking and went over my calories. My first goal has been to track my food every day. If I don't, I will eat too many calories. I did get my 30 minute walk in. I have to keep trying. I am 72 so I've been doing this my entire life.

Hi RBnorth66
    I have been this my whole life too - soon to be 65 - two obese parents - 1 extremely so.

Yes, it’s the calories in that have the biggest impact for me, too. You’ve got this!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Jan 20
    ✅✅✅
    Tracked all
    Under my new, lower calorie limit Day 5
    1:24 9.1K exercise time/steps
    Hips improving

BP: ✅
    Protein✅
    Sodium✅
    Sat Fat ✅
    Fiber ✅

Trend still inching up but it always takes 3-7 days to begin to go back down

#NeverGiveUp

#Focus on Identity Change.

#NipItintheBudNow YES
    #Fight it All Year. NO
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @newbie2143 Don't look back! Don't feel guilt! Just keep looking forward! Please..

THANK YOU, your encouragement is appreciated! I will for sure keep looking forward :) I have nothing but time ahead to work on these healthy habits...
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quote, Rock! Reminds me of wanting to thank @SModa61 for the excellent video! 🌺

Workout done 💪, 150 calories left. Another day down! 🥳 In spite of all the stress 👩‍💻
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 Mr. Clark recognizes that he has not discovered any truly unique principles, but like inter-generational passing of the baton, he is the right guy to be 'discovering and communicating' timeless principles. I'm looking forward to the read.
    Sorry reading is so difficult for you, as it's always been easy and enjoyable for me.
  • tlwoodbell
    tlwoodbell Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 35 min = 30 min abs and lower back + 5 min stretch
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,989 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Treadmill walking and two 20 min strength workouts
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    January 20, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.