• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,286 Member
    Options
    January 19, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yes, walking
    Yes
    Yes
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes
    Pass days 2/3

Beautiful photos, everyone -- it's great to see people's favorite places.

I miss walking in my hometown, Washington, D.C., which has many beautiful old bridges and neighborhoods, but I'm relieved I'm not there right now because of the political violence and tension. I love exploring cities on foot.

Right now, I live beside a national military park for the American Civil War on the east coast - a great place to walk. Lots of boulders, fields, woods, and trails.
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    YES / YES (barely) / YES
    Off-leash dog park. I love watching the puppies play.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Jan 19

Exercise: Yes, 30 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 3/3
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Yes x's 3 for the 19th,
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    f3z864ql76bu.jpeg

January 19

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes. 40 minute walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

There are a lot of open areas close to me for hiking. Here is a picture from a hike along the coast last fall where we spent a couple hours berry picking

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,538 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer nice pics we too have a land trust called the New Land Trust and if one likes u can pay a fee but it is free. No motorized vehicles of any type no mt bikes but walk run ski snowshoe till you are exhausted plenty of wildlife. Even a moose on occasion but I hear your frustration.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Loved all the photos. There is so much beautiful nature around. We live about 2 miles from a nature preserve that I sometimes walk/run to. There’s a very long boardwalk out onto the wetlands that’s pretty awesome, and several miles of trails through the woods.

Exercise: yes. Didn’t do anything official but spent 11 hours taking care of 4 grandkids ages 8 to 2, plus a puppy Great Dane so I’m counting that as exercise!
    Tracked: yes
    Under cals: yes

Passes: 4/3
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Wow, I love everyone's beautiful hiking pictures! I live in the country and our property is next to an Arboretum that has 1800 acres. Up until about 2 years ago it was FREE and anyone could walk the paths and they even have a driving route that you can drive in your car to see a large part of the Arboretum. There's a Japanese Garden, a Cypress Swamp, Conifer Glen, and the Dawes House Museum. There are also huge evergreen bushes that spell out the words DAWES ARBORETUM that can be seen from the sky!!

But 2 or 3 years ago they decided to start charging for admission. I think it's $10 per adult, $5 per child. Or you can buy an annual membership. It's made a lot of people in the area upset because there was a trust established decades ago by the owner because it was his expressed wish that the arboretum would always remain "free" to the public. But the property has not been managed well over the years. (I'm one of the angered residents, and I simply refuse to pay for a membership, so I walk the country roads, and AROUND the Arboretum instead.

(not my photos)

563ed485ri23.jpg
    ham4lnbaftw6.jpg
    eaq2twdv6icz.jpg

01/19

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. I did 20 mins on the Rebounder.
    ❌ CALORIES: No. I didn't do very well on food choices for today, and with it being a REST DAY, I didn't get in enough exercise calories to help me stay "under".
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

STEPS >15k? No. (Rest Day).

PASS: 1/3 - Taking a PASS DAY today.

@Mrs_Hoffer I totally get your sentiment. Especially since you enjoyed it when it was free and you knows its history and the management failures. My only added comment is that if it is something that you enjoyed and would regret if it became condos and a walmart instead, then consider offering the financial support for it through a membership. In Feb, when I return to Florida, there is a local preserve that I plan to "join" with a family and guest annual membership. I have never been to it, but hope to spend some peaceful time there.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Another pass day, my third. I am a bit on the ill side and not exercising. I have been trying to log my food but have had lots of trouble with the MFP app, got most of it today but not all.

@alligatorob Do you mean the app? My iPhone app has had no issues, but on my laptop using Safari has been a mess. I have learned that both Firefox and Chrome have not been having any issues that I have experienced.
  • jensam327
    jensam327 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes - Yoga 45 min
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: No, Just a tad over

Pass days - over
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Tuesday
    Tracked, under calories! Did an am walk, 20 min strength and 10 min yoga.

Walking is not something I ever thought I'd love, but once we got a dog that changed. It's now my favorite pastime and the thing I look forward to especially on weekend mornings. We tend to seek out new neighborhoods to walk around, and look at house styles, landscaping and views. My kind of window-shopping B)

• abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    1/19

Exercise: weight training 50 min, stationary bike 27 min., stretching 50 min.
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Jan 19
    ✅✅✅
    Tracked all
    Under my new, lower calorie limit Day 4
    1:35 7.7K exercise time/steps

BP: ✅
    Protein✅
    Sodium✅
    Sat Fat ✅
    Fiber ✅

Trend still inching up but it always takes 3-7 days to begin to go back down

#NeverGiveUp

#Focus on Identity Change.

#NipItintheBudNow YES
    #Fight it All Year. NO
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,609 Member
    Options
    1/19
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
    I like to hike in the park. But I cant walk as long as I used too.