January 17 Sign In

Options
1235»

Replies

• GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @dewit I do hope you stay around. That time difference issue is indeed a challenge. My only suggestion is to periodically jump onto the next day thread, along with the members from the other end of the time zones, that is likely already up. Interesting issue with the messaging. I have only messaged one person on MFP (and it was not from this group) and it was back in October. I never got a reply either. Could it be a MFP issue and not a member issue? Last comment, pros and cons of groups are the emotions that can get associated. Since becoming more social on MFP in a variety of groups and threads, I have had emotions swung at times. Whereas I never had an emotion on MFP in the preceding 7 years of just tracking. Hopefully there is a solution so you can get your support here. It's nice having you here.

I think you might be correct about messaging on MFP being screwed up!
    I have sent you a message before, and I think I mentioned that to you already! I also have sent others messages, got nothing back as well!
    @RangerRickL I sent him messages too, no response and sent a friend request, no response!
    @dewit, I think something is messed up on this site with messages and for sure on the calorie database!
    Please re-consider staying though!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Wonderful photos! Wish I could post mine - mountains covered in snow 😍.

I had almost 300cal left yesterday and was stubborn enough not to eat them, although I was pretty hugry in the evening. I also completed week 10 of 12 and though I love leg workouts, this one was tough!

I am thinking of not joining anymore in Feb, since I made "friends" with someone here to just be removed without notice after a few weeks, presumably because I was not supportive enough (wouldn't know for sure, because my message was not answered). Admittedly, I made good friends with other members, but it's a bit frustrating not to be able to interract here, due to time difference (when I post, everyone else would move to the thread for the next day). I feel a bit selfish to just update on my result and not be sympathetic/appreciative... However, K spend enough time on MFP, maybe even a little too much. Well, I can only do what I can do. 🤷‍♀️

Dear dewit aka @dewit,

I had the same thing happen to me. With no explanation. It’s really tough & hurtful.

And I also post last most everyday, being in California & waiting until I’m in bed to post the day’s numbers (so I catch every bite, lick, taste!

But I have to say at almost the 3 year mark of continuous UAC membership, I encourage you to dig deeply within yourself & realize this is a gift you give yourself!

For one or two months, I just posted at the top of the next day - to be more a part of the group. But it got confusing (for me at least), but you could always do that!

My Best & I am glad you are here!
    Maddie 😘

Hi @dewit,

I agree with Maddie, I will like to say the same thing to you. Some days, I just post on the next day's thread. I have been in this group for roughly 3 years. I am on maintenance. But, this group has really help me. I will suggest that you hang in here and do this for you.

We are help for you!

I agree with both of you women on here and love the suggestions you gave her to stay! See @dewit; there are people in your corner, cheering you to stay with us next month and many months to come! We ALL need each other's support in here!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    @ginadomaszewicz Stunning photos and lovely story about Chester. My own Dad, who died a couple of years ago, also had Dementia and his greatest joy was looking out of the big picture window at the fields with cows and sheep, the canal with lots of different boats and the changing Dutch skies.
    @dewit Do stay, you are appreciated. Never mind one 'friend', you have lots here. We are in loads of different time zones, from Australia to California and everything in-between.
    Loved everyone's pictures. Great to find out what you all look at, especially now we are so locked in!

Sorry to hear about your father passing away and having this terrible disease too! My Grandfather also passed away a few years ago having dementia too! They do like to look out windows, don't they? My Grandfather would sit in front of the big window upfront of the house with binoculars! It is such a sad disease.
    :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Date: 1/17
    Exercise: Yes, the treadmill, speed 4.3, 20 mins, burned 146 calories
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days: 2 left

@RangerRickL My deepest heartfelt sympathy for Uncle Gene. Rose and you and your extended family are in my thoughts and prayers, my dear friend! I also want to point out to the UAC group, despite the death of Uncle Gene and the craziness, tears, and just utter sadness when one passes, Rick still managed to follow his fitness and health routine. This deserves a HUGE standing ovation! I know I would have thrown in the towel during this sorrowful time! You are our leader Rick! We NEED you!

@RangerRickL, @chinkiri, @Smoda61, @SummerSkier, @biketheworld, @Katiecan2021, @Greygirl915 Thank you ALL for the beautiful and amazing photos! So nice seeing places we can't visit right now due to Covid! @lestdarts180 Who says that muddy and wet outside isn't beautiful? Take those pics! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    @mshawski Cheer up, friend! Don't look back at what you once looked like! This is NOT good and lives in today's moment, and YOU are doing your best today! Thinking and imagining what your body may look like in the future is ok. This is a great motivator to keep you on track. When on my walks, I will imagine I am on a beach, the sun shining on me, and wearing the cutest bikini!
    @Dory_42 I am really sorry the doggie is still not up to par! I hate when the meds make them so loopy! Keeping you and your beloved pet in my thoughts and prayers.

ae70njf5u1nn.jpg
    vtqb9os2iduq.jpg

These pics are from Ottawa, Illinois. This is my husband's parents' house they recently moved into from Downers Grove, where they lived for 40 years raising their children. My husband's Father has Dementia, and some days are good, some not so good! They looked for a home that they could live in with my husband's brother and his wife, so they could help take care of him! Chester ( Hubby's Dad's name ) has always loved nature, gardening, planting flowers, watching the deer, birds, and squirrels. The whole family was worried about what this move might do to him, leaving the only home he knows and still remembers. I would say we made the BEST decision! He looks so in awe of this deer peeking through the window at him! I wonder what he and the deer are thinking at this moment? I want to think they have an unspoken language we wouldn't understand and are one with the Universe! One of my favorite pictures of Chester!

@ginadomaszewicz
    Another beautifully written & very touching piece & photograph. Be sure to save it for your future book of short essays. ❤️

Aww, thank you, <3 Miss Molly!
    You inspire me to write better!
    You had mentioned that you were a teacher, what kind of teacher were you, just curious?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Date: 1/17
    Exercise: Yes, the treadmill, speed 4.3, 20 mins, burned 146 calories
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days: 2 left

@RangerRickL My deepest heartfelt sympathy for Uncle Gene. Rose and you and your extended family are in my thoughts and prayers, my dear friend! I also want to point out to the UAC group, despite the death of Uncle Gene and the craziness, tears, and just utter sadness when one passes, Rick still managed to follow his fitness and health routine. This deserves a HUGE standing ovation! I know I would have thrown in the towel during this sorrowful time! You are our leader Rick! We NEED you!

@RangerRickL, @chinkiri, @Smoda61, @SummerSkier, @biketheworld, @Katiecan2021, @Greygirl915 Thank you ALL for the beautiful and amazing photos! So nice seeing places we can't visit right now due to Covid! @lestdarts180 Who says that muddy and wet outside isn't beautiful? Take those pics! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    @mshawski Cheer up, friend! Don't look back at what you once looked like! This is NOT good and lives in today's moment, and YOU are doing your best today! Thinking and imagining what your body may look like in the future is ok. This is a great motivator to keep you on track. When on my walks, I will imagine I am on a beach, the sun shining on me, and wearing the cutest bikini!
    @Dory_42 I am really sorry the doggie is still not up to par! I hate when the meds make them so loopy! Keeping you and your beloved pet in my thoughts and prayers.

ae70njf5u1nn.jpg
    vtqb9os2iduq.jpg

These pics are from Ottawa, Illinois. This is my husband's parents' house they recently moved into from Downers Grove, where they lived for 40 years raising their children. My husband's Father has Dementia, and some days are good, some not so good! They looked for a home that they could live in with my husband's brother and his wife, so they could help take care of him! Chester ( Hubby's Dad's name ) has always loved nature, gardening, planting flowers, watching the deer, birds, and squirrels. The whole family was worried about what this move might do to him, leaving the only home he knows and still remembers. I would say we made the BEST decision! He looks so in awe of this deer peeking through the window at him! I wonder what he and the deer are thinking at this moment? I want to think they have an unspoken language we wouldn't understand and are one with the Universe! One of my favorite pictures of Chester!

@ginadomaszewicz
    Another beautifully written & very touching piece & photograph. Be sure to save it for your future book of short essays. ❤️

Aww, thank you, <3 Miss Molly!
    You inspire me to write better!
    You had mentioned that you were a teacher, what kind of teacher were you, just curious?

@ginadomaszewicz
    2-year olds to college + teachers!

Creativity + Critical Thinking
    I also supported students as they identified their areas of passion & assisted them in actively pursuing them. I taught teachers how to do this for their students in the summer.

A professional enabler, in the best sense of the word. Being the oldest sibling prepared me well!

❤️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz if you are not yet friends with someone on MFP then you cannot message them. MFP staff confirm that this feature has apparently been off for over a year now

Lesson: friend first, message later (and don't bother to send a note with your initial friend request as they won't see it)

Yet another reason for me to "friendly but not 'friend'" 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,901 Member
    Options
    @maltedtea is correct. You cannot message with someone unless you are friends. I am pretty sure that an initial message with a friend request may come across as I used to see them but maybe that changed also.

Perhaps we all have a different idea of what "MFP friends" are? To me if you are not active on your newsfeed and do not engage with a friend then there is no reason to be "friends". I have a lot of folks who I have unfriended after a week or more because I can see that altho they are active in the forums, they are NOT active on their newsfeed. It is not intended as a hurtful thing, but a lot of folks do not have the time to read their newsfeed or engage on it.

I keep my friend list very small, and I don't think folks have to comment daily, but if there is no interaction at all except me getting automated postings about diary and exercise than I do not keep that person on my feed. If it is me who has upset folks on here than I do apologize. It is really nothing personal.

Summer
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @ginadomaszewicz if you are not yet friends with someone on MFP then you cannot message them. MFP staff confirm that this feature has apparently been off for over a year now

Lesson: friend first, message later (and don't bother to send a note with your initial friend request as they won't see it)

Yet another reason for me to "friendly but not 'friend'" 🤷🏿‍♀️

@MaltedTea I didn't know this about MFP either! Thanks for the info - it explains ALOT!! :smile: