2021 Run The Year Group

shanaber
shanaber Posts: 6,384 Member
Getting the group set up to track our 2021 Run the Year activities.
If you are new and would like to join we are running as part of the Run The Edge Challenge that can be found here: https://runtheedge.com/pages/run-the-year
There are multiple options/costs available.

We have one group already with @kgirlhart, @SummerSkier and @mk2fit
We are looking to add more teams with myself, @eleanorhawkins and @RisingAboveIt and anyone else who wants to join in the fun!
Let us know your anticipated milage for the year and we will get the teams going.

I don't know about you all, but I am SO ready for 2020 to be over and get on with a fresh start in 2021!! Let's GO!

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,966 Member
    I am so ready for 2020 to be done. I did the basic registration last year, but this year I went all in. I got my packet on Christmas Eve and the shirt is really nice. And I am really looking forward to coloring in my miles.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    Yay, I'm looking forward to getting going and praying we don't get locked in again as I sold my treadmill. I treated myself to the goodies this year for the first time, hope they get here soon!
    @shanaber you and I could probably team up and split the miles half and half, unless more people want to join in and make more teams
  • shanaber
    @eleanorhawkins - Tat is what I was thinking too. Let's give it a couple more days and see if anyone else responds and if not we can figure out a team name.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,778 Member
    Is there a limit to the # of teams you can create or be on? I am pretty sure I will not be able to run 2021 miles for the year but KM is possible as is walking/running miles which is probably too easy. My goal last year was 1700 miles. I haven't really decided on my running goals for 2021 yet but am really going to enjoy being parts of the RTY family here.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,940 Member
    @shanaber I think I will set this year out, as far as being on a team, because I have absolutely no idea how much I will be able to run. Assuming all goes according to plan, I might be able to start running again in March. The way things have been going so far, there is no guarantee. So, I'll just cheer you on and hope to join in 2022.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    I'd like to give it a try, I'm hoping for around 1400 miles this year.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,966 Member
    @SummerSkier so far this year I have 1340 running miles and 1870 miles counting everything. I can run the year in KM, but not miles so I like being on a team. It will still be a challenge for me to get to 2021 miles counting all steps. I don't know if you can be on more than one team.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    I would like to be on a team. I am aiming for 500 miles in 2021.
  • shanaber
    Okay @kgirlhart and @SummerSkier already have their team going.
    I am going to say Team A is @skippygirlsmom and @RisingAboveIt and Team B is @eleanorhawkins and me. We can add in people as they come in if anyone else wants to join or you all convince your friends to join.
    Once you have your Name/IDs set up post them here so we can find and follow you in the Run The Year. I don't remember which it is to find someone but I found @eleanorhawkins by name. Couldn't find myself though but you all can look for me with either shanaber or Shana Bereznay.

Now to think up appropriate 2021 names! RIOT (Running Is Our Therapy) turned out to prophetic for me last year! I am thinking along the lines of Its Got To Be Better! Other ideas???
  • eleanorhawkins
    @shanaber you came up when I searched ShanaBer but you were 3rd on the list 😂. I wondered about a little tribute name of LeftRightLeftRepeat or something like that
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Hi everyone, I am new and would like to join if I can! I am a long time runner, but just back to it in recent months after a longer injury and physio. I have joined the Run the Edge challenge. My goal is only 500 miles for 2021 as I am getting back to running gradually. If there is space, any team would be great! Thanks!
  • shanaber
    Hi @Cafelelia! You can definitely join in our fun! I am going to assign you to be in Team A with @skippygirlsmom and @RisingAboveIt that way there is some room if anyone can't quite do all of their miles for whatever reason.
    We need them to post their names/IDs and then you all can figure out a team name and one of you can set up the team and add others into it.
  • lannakin
    lannakin Posts: 15 Member
    I would like to join if there will be another team. I would like to make it to 800 miles in 2021.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    shanaber wrote: »
    Hi @Cafelelia! You can definitely join in our fun! I am going to assign you to be in Team A with @skippygirlsmom and @RisingAboveIt that way there is some room if anyone can't quite do all of their miles for whatever reason.
    We need them to post their names/IDs and then you all can figure out a team name and one of you can set up the team and add others into it.

My name on Run the Year is MaryJo. I can't find where to search names on the RTY site. I see where to search teams, but not individual runners.
  • eleanorhawkins

My name on Run the Year is MaryJo. I can't find where to search names on the RTY site. I see where to search teams, but not individual runners.

There's a tab that says follow.... think it's under the Team tab. If you scroll down, you can search for people
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly

There's a tab that says follow.... think it's under the Team tab. If you scroll down, you can search for people

Thanks! Found it.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    I admit I cheated and looked up running team names online. These are some of the ones I liked:

Baby Got Track
    The Jogfathers
    Pumped Up Kicks
    Mind Over Miles
    Been There, Run That
  • skippygirlsmom
    @shanaber I'm registered how do I find the teams?
  • skippygirlsmom
    okay I found teams, did we decide on names? Anything works for me. My real name to find me is Kathie Tomaino
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    @skippygirlsmom & @RisingAboveIt - I am happy to be on a team with you both! I am Lisa B on the Run the Year site and will follow you both. @RisingAboveIt - I love all of those names! My vote would be Mind Over Miles as it it resonates with me having recovered from injury. But whatever of those names would be great! If the two of you let me know what name you would like, I don't mind setting up the team (I am a newbie, but can give it a try!).