Is the Group Acting Wonky for You?

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
It's been brought to my attention that there are some weirdo things going on with some Groups functionality lately. If you encounter anything that is keeping you from posting or using anything related to this Group, post here or PM me. I even read some people can't even post comments in threads in other Groups. :grimace:

Let me know, and I'll report the issues.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    All is fine for me, other than knowing we have noobs knocking at the door. Keeping an eye out on the forums for them so we can round 'em up once things are fixed :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    All is fine for me, other than knowing we have noobs knocking at the door. Keeping an eye out on the forums for them so we can round 'em up once things are fixed :)

Thanks, @Nony_Mouse
    I haven't heard from all the other Leaders yet but I preemptively switched the group to Public so we hopefully can be joined at least. I don't think I'll get too much push back. But it will be helpful to have potential new members pointed this way. Let me know if you see anyone still complaining about not being able to get in after today. TIA!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I'll post in the thread where people were asking about it. Apparently the Join button wasn't visible, so not sure if being public will solve it, but certainly worth a try.

I haven't had any issues with this or any other groups personally.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,076 Member
    Options
    MFP is acting wonky ........I have to keep sending out invites for the new comers so that they can post in our group (fat2fit)
  • baconslave
    edited December 2020
    Options
    MFP is acting wonky ........I have to keep sending out invites for the new comers so that they can post in our group (fat2fit)

Yeah I saw in the Group Leader's group that you had issues.
    Which is what prompted me to make this post so we could make sure they know all the details. This isn't a good time of year for a fitness site/app to be having issues since use is up for the New Year. :grimace:

Psulemon said that private groups weren't even getting a Join button, period. Ugh.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Which is what prompted me to make this post so we could make sure they know all the details. This isn't a good time of year for a fitness site/app to be having issues since use is up for the New Year. :grimace:

It happened last month too ... I am in charge of recruiting and it is awful that new people can't post when I assign them to a team ..It is very aggravating to say the least
  • baconslave
    Options

It happened last month too ... I am in charge of recruiting and it is awful that new people can't post when I assign them to a team ..It is very aggravating to say the least

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I replied to you on the Home Feed. Thank you. I don't even know how long it's been since people have been able to join at all. I can't stand the thought of people not being able to get support. Support was so key for me.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I replied to you on the Home Feed. Thank you. I don't even know how long it's been since people have been able to join at all. I can't stand the thought of people not being able to get support. Support was so key for me.

I will leave the group and come back :)
  • mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Works for me
  • baconslave
    Options
    So...the sitch.
    I have made the group Public but that still isn't working to show the Join button for a lot of folks.

If anyone who hangs out in the Main Forum sees any low-carb posts wanting to join a group, it would be swell to briefly explain that groups are broken, and if there is no button, they can PM me for the "keto" group and this one to get a Group invite. Then they need to refresh and look for the invite. I'll approve as fast as I can.
    Urgh. :grimace:
  • mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Would it not be easier to to open up the group, that way they maybe could join us.
  • baconslave
    Options
    mor72 wrote: »
    Would it not be easier to to open up the group, that way they maybe could join us.

I did open it but whatever "opening" mechanism is also broken. There are other groups that are Public that aren't getting buttons either. Or have buttons but still have to send invites to the member and have those accepted in order for the newer members to post. Huge mess. :weary:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be MFP if something wasn't broken...
  • baconslave
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    It wouldn't be MFP if something wasn't broken...

:joy: Truth.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I had been off the site for about a month and when I came back at the end of Nov, my notifications had all disappeared. None at all for approx a couple weeks that I was aware of. At least that seems to be fixed now, but not sure if anyone else is/was having that issue too.
  • baconslave
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I had been off the site for about a month and when I came back at the end of Nov, my notifications had all disappeared. None at all for approx a couple weeks that I was aware of. At least that seems to be fixed now, but not sure if anyone else is/was having that issue too.

It's been years since the app notifications worked properly for me. So I get notifications for things in my feed but when I tap them the app won't open them. But they don't show up in the notification list. They work in Community ok for now.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I sent out a bunch of invitations so people could post to their team chat ...Glad that it a once a month thing and not a daily thing for me ...I love being in charge of recruiting but having to send out over 40 or so invitations and posting links so the new members could find them was not cool :s
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I tried posting and it disappeared