What we're watching 👓 reading 📕 etc

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I'm currently watch Cop Craft, Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon III, and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

I'm currently reading the Crossbreed series from Dannika Dark. I'm on book 6 of 9.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I also watched Bridgerton in about the space of a day last week (and downloaded the next book in the series which I am already 2/3 through on my kindle.) 🤐 don't tell anyone!

I DID TOO!!! I thought i was unfair that it was SO SHORT! It should have been like 12 episodes AT LEAST. The BBC is infamous for making series just 8 or 6 or even 5 episodes long... Like... ok, everyone's having pots of tea all through it and keep pausing it to go to the bathroom because of it so it feeeeels like it's 12 episodes long!

I tend to find it's a UK thing for 6-8 episodes, with the BBC especially it's because it's a 1 hour program with no ad breaks as opposed to 45 mins with 15 mins of ads. I always disliked the dragging out of a series for 20+ episodes.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Couldn't get into The Stand, so have put that on the back-burner. Checking out A Discovery of Witches this evening, will watch maybe one episode and then might also check out Prodigal Son.
  • tinkerbellang83
    @Jackie9003 really enjoying Prodigal Son thanks for putting me onto it. Up-to-date on Discovery of Witches, really enjoyed the first series, not blown away by the second but I'll maybe give it another episode or switch to reading the books.

Speaking of books finished my most recent audiobook (Look Who's Back) it was quite funny but did feel as thought it was a little dragged out towards the end. Next up on my Audible library is The Humans by Matt Haig, I've set myself a Feb goal of at least 8000 steps per day so that'll mean plenty of walks to listen on.

Almost finished my current Kindle book (Fracture Five, Nightshade Series) too which I have been struggling to put down in the evenings, I normally set a 15-20 minute timer on my bedside lamp but found myself resetting it a couple of times. I will probably move onto next book in the series.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    We haven’t finished it yet, my husband is a pain lol, we’re currently watching Superstore (similar to Trollied). I’m going to have to watch without him soon!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    We haven’t finished it yet, my husband is a pain lol, we’re currently watching Superstore (similar to Trollied). I’m going to have to watch without him soon!

I was out for a walk with my best buddy earlier today and he mentioned Superstore too. Will add it to the 'research list'
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    I was really disappointed in this season of Sabrina with the exception of the alternate universe ep which was a lot of fun. Thanks for the recs....I have a hard time picking shows.
  • lilithsrose
    I finished up Sabrina. This season wasn't great, but it was cool to see the original aunts from the 90s show.

I also watched AHS 1984 and Rick & Morty Season 4 within the last two weeks. I'm just catching up on tv shows lately. I read 8 books last month, so I'm taking a short reading break.
  • tinkerbellang83
    rhaiin wrote: »
    I finished up Sabrina. This season wasn't great, but it was cool to see the original aunts from the 90s show.

I also watched AHS 1984 and Rick & Morty Season 4 within the last two weeks. I'm just catching up on tv shows lately. I read 8 books last month, so I'm taking a short reading break.

What did you think of AHS 1984, I wasn't really hooked into it and took a break after a couple of episodes, I might revisit it at some point, I've no doubt we're going to feel the affect of COVID on TV series releases later this year when the impact on halted productions starts to take it's toll.
  • lilithsrose
    What did you think of AHS 1984, I wasn't really hooked into it and took a break after a couple of episodes, I might revisit it at some point

Honestly, I thought this season was kinda weak. There were a few unexpected twists, but I feel like it fell flat. I wasn't super impressed with the last couple of seasons. Hotel was the last season that I really enjoyed.

• tinkerbellang83
    What did you think of AHS 1984, I wasn't really hooked into it and took a break after a couple of episodes, I might revisit it at some point

Honestly, I thought this season was kinda weak. There were a few unexpected twists, but I feel like it fell flat. I wasn't super impressed with the last couple of seasons. Hotel was the last season that I really enjoyed.

Yeah Hotel wasn't bad, I still think the Murder House, Asylum & Freak Show were hard to top. I remember watching Asylum in a remote cottage in the Scottish Highlands on my own, great idea! lol
  • Ringbearer2

Yeah Hotel wasn't bad, I still think the Murder House, Asylum & Freak Show were hard to top. I remember watching Asylum in a remote cottage in the Scottish Highlands on my own, great idea! lol

I liked Murder House and the first part of Asylum but by the time they got to the “Name Game” dance I was out. I liked the whole idea of Freak Show but I think I was just yearning for another season of Carnivale.

Has anyone watched the TZrevival? It’s not streaming anywhere in Germany.
  • tinkerbellang83
    I

I liked Murder House and the first part of Asylum but by the time they got to the “Name Game” dance I was out. I liked the whole idea of Freak Show but I think I was just yearning for another season of Carnivale.

Has anyone watched the TZrevival? It’s not streaming anywhere in Germany.

I haven't watched it but Stremio is a good app for streaming stuff that's not necessarily available in your country/package (if you take my meaning). It's my go to for non-Netflix stuff.
  • Ringbearer2
    Thanks! Our TV offerings in English here are pathetic and eben though I know I haven’t even really done a deep dive into Netflix, Prime or Disney, I still feel like I’ve seen EVERYTHING. And the husband is annoyingly picky.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Thanks! Our TV offerings in English here are pathetic and eben though I know I haven’t even really done a deep dive into Netflix, Prime or Disney, I still feel like I’ve seen EVERYTHING. And the husband is annoyingly picky.

I haven't even bothered plugging my tv aerial in here in Ireland, I have an Android Box for Netflix and Stremio and occasionally watch All4 (UK Channel 4 App) as they have box sets like Angel, Buffy, etc for free and we can still get it across the border for free.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Finished listening to The Humans (Audiobook) by Matt Haig, now listening to a book called Every Move You Make by Deborah Bee the write up had a Gone Girl kind of vibe about it, although I think it may be less thriller like and more mystery.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Happily discovered Netflix now have Informer on their platform (it was an Amazon original series) as I could not get it to stream anywhere else. So that will be watching sorted for a couple of nights anyway.
  • Ringbearer2
    What’s Informer? I don’t thinks her in Germany, but that might be the language search.
  • tinkerbellang83
    What’s Informer? I don’t thinks her in Germany, but that might be the language search.

Tv series with Paddy Considine, Pakistani kid is recruited by cops to be a confidential informer for Counter Terrorism. Has a few actors out of Ackley Bridge which was a channel 4 series I really enjoyed.
  • Ringbearer2

Tv series with Paddy Considine, Pakistani kid is recruited by cops to be a confidential informer for Counter Terrorism. Has a few actors out of Ackley Bridge which was a channel 4 series I really enjoyed.

I’ll have a look for it! Sometimes Netflix things also randomly show up on Prime here.