Ex-Chef's Recipes

Options
ricoz77
ricoz77 Posts: 3 Member
Learn to incorporate turkey into your diet. It replaces red meat, the "other white meat," pork products, and is available as bacon, ham, sausage, breakfast sausage, pepperoni, and an entire array of helpful, low fat, low calories, gluten, and sugar free, and low salt options. Plain old ground turkey, when seasoned properly, with herbs and spices replaced any other ground meat/beef/pork in chili, tacos, meatballs, and meatloaf, to name a few substitutions. It offers an alternative to chicken, fish, and seafood. It is extremely versatile in every recipe you can think of, as a different meat variety. I even used it to replace fois' gras/goose liver pate' once. It worked much better than it sounds. It does take some creative ability to come up with ideas like that. Just put your imagination to work. See what you come up with.
#UseTurkeyInstead #TurkeySubstitutes #TheOtherRedMeat

Replies

• ricoz77
    ricoz77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't think I'm invading your space. That's not my intention. Just to interact, maybe assist others with their goals, and get help toward mine. I just need to walk again. I relate better to women. I'm no threat to you, just a fellow seeker. Thank you for allowing me in.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ricoz77 wrote: »
    Learn to incorporate turkey into your diet. It replaces red meat, the "other white meat," pork products, and is available as bacon, ham, sausage, breakfast sausage, pepperoni, and an entire array of helpful, low fat, low calories, gluten, and sugar free, and low salt options. Plain old ground turkey, when seasoned properly, with herbs and spices replaced any other ground meat/beef/pork in chili, tacos, meatballs, and meatloaf, to name a few substitutions. It offers an alternative to chicken, fish, and seafood. It is extremely versatile in every recipe you can think of, as a different meat variety. I even used it to replace fois' gras/goose liver pate' once. It worked much better than it sounds. It does take some creative ability to come up with ideas like that. Just put your imagination to work. See what you come up with.
    #UseTurkeyInstead #TurkeySubstitutes #TheOtherRedMeat

Yes! I started subbing ground turkey for beef in my spaghetti bolognese sauce years ago, my hubby and kids are so used to it they don't remember the difference now. I am going to try subbing turkey in more recipes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I do turkey burgers on the BBQ every so often, I like to use abit of poultry seasoning or sage in them and sometimes add dried cranberries to the meat mixture, yummy.