January - Nutritarian New Year!

Options

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Quick post...
    Coffee
    Just egg with mushrooms, Hatch Green chili salsa, Violife mozzarella, super green.
    Lunch and dinner the same...
    Food prep...
    Air fried small potatoes
    Air fried tofu
    Frozen peppers and onions cooked up

Watermelon

Dessert Kite hill yogurt
  • magic71755
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Breakfast
    Coffee and
    1/3 bottle just egg
    28 grams VIOLIFE mozzarella
    Spinach
    Tomatoes
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    Red Bell Pepper
    Cauliflower
    HATCH

Lunch and dinner to be determined
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,593 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    7p2fvz0weu8v.jpg

Hello, all!

@magic71755
    Your menus look delicious!

I made a red cabbage dish for the family, that was a big hit. It was this, which is easily converted to no sugar/oil/salt, and is still tasty. I soaked some dried currants as sweetener.
    https://adamantkitchen.com/rodkal-braised-red-cabbage/

My menu today was very much my standard stuff. I had a good food day and hit all the GBOMBS!
    B - coffee & cashew milk
    L - turnip greens, black beans, garbanzos (a bean mix because I had leftovers to finish) & chopped tomatoes; steamed zucchini, onion, daikon radish; steamed delicata & acorn squash with & turnip & apple
    S - apple slices & a few cashews
    D - big green salad with mustard-and-broccoli dressing, blueberries and diced apples, almond butter & currants
  • magic71755
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks Austin...moving away from oatmeal for awhile. Eventually will switch to tofu scramble...for now...JUST EGG

Today’s MENU

COFFEE
    Just egg like yesterday minus cauliflower and tomatoes
    Cucumber slices
    Gardein chicken strips air fried broccoli
    Watermelon
    Same as lunch
    Kite Hill Strawberry with1 Tablespoon Love Crunch ...berries and chocolate

Wishing everyone a delicious 😋 day!

• magic71755
    Options
    Full disclosure...currently, using some processed convenience foods which are not part of the EAT TO LIVE PROGRAM.

Using lots of fresh veggies to supplement as well as fruit.

• magic71755
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Breakfast turned out great at work! 235gwx2rmnns.jpeg
    hw086cxuz1r5.jpeg

Just Egg
    VIOLIFE cheddar
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    Red Bell Peppers
    505 Hatch
    Spinach

Hot breakfast in a cup at my desk at work

Color me happy 😊!
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Still crazed with work. I hope to get lots done this weekend and maybe next week will be easier. We've had people off for a day or two the past two weeks. Can't even make it through January with everyone showing up.

Austin, I love daikon radish. It's good cooked or raw. I like to use it in vegan sushi too.

Magic, glad you are finding things that work for you and especially that you are feeling better.

Bisky, how are you doing?

And tlmindo, hope you are doing well too.

B - oats with berries and chia seeds and two walnut halves
    L - leftover steamed veggies, an apple with a smidge of PB
    D - salad, baked tofu, steamed cabbage and kale

I really hope once the kitchen reno is done that I will get into cooking again. My kitchen is just depressingly outdated and shows a lot of wear and tear. I don't know for sure but I am almost positive these are the original cabinets from when the house was built in the 1960's. They have been painted numerous times (twice by me since I moved here) and there's just no more covering up the basic flaws and damage. I think once it is all spiffy and new that I will be excited about all the counter space and easier access to appliances, etc. and I'll get cooking!

• magic71755
    Options
    Very excited about your kitchen renovation...please take before and after🤩🤩🤩

My house was built in 1983...zero renovation...except all tile floors now

The kitchen is A W F U L !
    Today

Coffee

Just egg with Violife and spinach
    Cuties
    Gardein chick n with my fresh broccoli
    Kite Hill Yogurt and granola
    Left over broccoli

Did I mention I am trying meal prepping. So far so good...yes I am using vegan convenience along with fresh...but right now it is what I’m doing . It’s not FOREVER

HAGDE!

Btw, pre Covid-19 my supervisor used to take me to the local dinner theatre. It was quite an honor. Well, they have been closed down since last March...just opening again. She told me she would let me know when our next date is!

Wow! That is so reassuring...I’m thrilled about that.

Work has been good. I stay in my lane...no joining in, in office gossip. Do my work. Never criticize anyone.

Much better ... much much better. 💯✅💯

HAGDE! Later.

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,032 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Austin - Cute little YORKIE! I have the yorkie terror from hell. He is always getting into mischief. Right now he is cuddled up next to me.

Mihani - I love soups too. I think I am going to make ( Brooks will be chopping) sweet potato black bean chili.

I have joined a FB rock painting group that leaves rocks with positive sayings in this tough times. Hugs to all. fd2syg4ye12r.jpeg
  • Mihani
    Options
    How cute, Bisky! You make cards too if I recall?

I made Dr. F's cabbage and kale casserole yesterday and it was tasty. Have to watch portions as there is 1/2 cup of almonds in the sauce that you mix into the veggies before baking. I think I'll try cutting the almonds in half next time I make it. This week's salads are romaine and spring mix, radish, pickled red onion, purple cabbage, cucumber. I also have collards and cauliflower that I will steam and will last a few days.

Up and got laundry started, will have a late breakfast the up to my desk to work the rest of the day. Meal plan for today...

B - oats with blueberries and chia seeds
    L - leftover cabbage and kale casserole (will probably freeze remainder), steamed cauliflower and an apple
    D - salad with chickpeas added and going to make ginger miso dressing

• magic71755
    Options
    Menu

Just Egg VIOLIFE spinach hatch all cooked in Hot Logic mini, eaten ate my desk at work

Cuties

Tofu air fried crispy with Well Your World Asian Sauce 🆘 free ...stir fried broccoli

Kite hill yogurt ❤️ Crunch
  • magic71755
    Options
    My weekend!

Oatmeal, blueberries and homemade almond milk

Air fried tofu and stir fried broccoli LUNCH AND DINNER

CUTIES

KITE Hill yogurt and ❤️ crunch granola

HAGDE
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, still busy busy with work, but did manage to get on the treadmill for a few last night. I really have to make that a priority. I feel better when I get some exercise.

Cooked the cauliflower and collard greens last night and mixed into my salad for dinner. Will take leftover cooked veggies to work for lunch the next couple days. Have apples and clementines for fruit this week, and always have frozen blueberries or mixed berries with my oatmeal.

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hello, all!

I have been resisting taking my supplements of late, so I just timed it to see how long it takes. Under 2 minutes. So I took them today and will remind myself that it is not THAT much work! LOL

I am also playing a game of "at least 10 minutes of exercise before noon." Today it was a jog twice around the block. I feel ore awake, for sure!

Mihani, hurray for that treadmill time! And greens and cauliflower sure sounds yummy!

Also hurray for getting your laundry done. I did 4 loads yesterday. Phew!

Magic - I love that you are staying plant-based! If some processed foods help you with that right now, so be it.

Bisky - I loveloveLOVE your rock art!

Back to work!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Happy weekend, Magic!

Ohhh... I got a new vitamin sorter just last week Austin. https://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Organizer-Supplement-Compartments-Assorted/dp/B07ML4TXY8 I have a few quibbles with the design but I haven't missed a day taking my supplements since I got it! The 7 day organizer that I had wasn't big enough for the larger pills. I don't take a lot of supplements but enough that it is annoying opening the bottles every day. I take B12, D, a vegan collagen supplement, and DHA+EPA. Also have been taking elderberry since the pandemic started.

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Ha! A vitamin sorter is a great idea. I should consider that!

I had another decent food today. Noshed on some peanut butter and raisins, which I need to cut down on, but overall a good day!
  • Mihani
    Options
    This has been the week from H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks. I can't wait for the weekend to get some quiet time in the office and try to clear some of the backlog off my desk.

I have indulged in some crackers here and there, but not too crazy and other than that lots and lots of veggies, fruit, beans and greens.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Fairly productive few hours in the office today. Haven't been feeling well the past couple days so I didn't stay as long as I wanted. I brought home a big headache of a file to work on here at home tomorrow and will need to do laundry and a little cleaning. Tonight I'm getting ready to make the Oh She Glows glowing spiced lentil soup. It's not 100% compliant since it has coconut milk (I leave out the oil) but it's so easy and soooo good. One of my favorite soups that can be thrown together in no time.

B - oats with blueberries
    L - skipped it
    D - soup and an apple
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted last week but still having computer problems. Phone consult tomorrow with Internal Med. Dr. wish me luck. Enjoying lentils, beans and quinoa we are making in the Instant Pot. Did not think I would want one but it is great. I am going to try a soup recipe eventually.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Good morning, plant-loving peeps!

Mihani - I have your vitamin sorter on my Amazon Wishlist and am thinking about it! That or something like it could make mornings faster. I hope you are feeling better.

Bisky, I hope your internal med appointment goes well today!

I am having an okay day. Tuesday are a stress day and I just splurged a bit on a helping of pb and raisins. I am checking in and declaring no more of that, as I think it will make me feel poorly, eventually. Raisins are sweet enough to be a trigger food for me. I flush up and suspect trigger inflammation for me. SO... back to the straighter path the rest of the day!