favorite low carb alcoholic drink

Options
kiramaniac
kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
In honor of labor day coming up.... Looking for some new ideas. Most of my go-to drinks are full of carbs (I like drinks on the sweet side).

I just discovered Crystal Light and Vodka (0 carbs!). Prosecco has also been a favorite this summer (4 carbs for 10 oz).

Replies

• kiramaniac
    Options
    Semi related. I downloaded an app last week: "Get Drunk Not Fat". Rates booze for amount of alcohol vs calorie content.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet mountain dew-sweeter side
    vodka and diet tonic water with a twist of lime-definitely not for everyone, it's very crisp, not sweet
    sugar free jello shooters

ETA: I'm sure you already know but be careful with the flavored vodkas. Some of them are loaded with sugar. I couldnt find carb counts online anywhere so i emailed the company and they were nice enough to send them to me. I tried to post the email but it's in table form and not lining up correctly. The highest one (Burnett's Orange Cream) is 13.8 carbs per 1.5oz shot.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My go-to these past couple of weeks has been vodka & soda water with a squeeze of Cherry Blackberry MIO.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to leave my wine alone (*whine whine whine*) and try some vodka.
    I could never stomach it in my 20s. Maybe I can handle it in my 4...ummm....30s :laugh: :drinker:
  • jackalope39
    jackalope39 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tequila, freshly squeezed lime, lots of ice, and salt. It's close enough to a margarita that it does the trick! Here's a handy-dandy guide too: http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/food/alcohol/carbohydrate
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    vodka and soda water!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    vodka soda water and lime for hard alcohol

and wine. good dry reds and whites.
  • mrsek09
    mrsek09 Posts: 32
    Options
    Captain and diet, crystal light and vodka, mio and vodka or mio and rum. for a "treat" an almond milk "mudslide" using Davinci kahlua and chocolate flavored syrups mixed with either vodka or white rum. The irish cream syrup in almond milk and vodka works really well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Wine is my go to drink.

Vodka and club soda with some lemon is my number two.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love my red wine but for strictly low carb I go vodka and soda water with lime. LOVE it!!
  • kiramaniac
    Options
    I feel like I've done something wrong that I haven't had vodka with club soda and some lemon / lime.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful that I read this thread! Almond milk in my alcoholic beverage?! Why didn't I think of that?!
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Kira,

Check out skinnymixes.com

I picked some of the Skinny cosmo mix up at Ross and I am enjoying it right now. I just told my friend yesterday how much I miss margaritas - I will be ordering that one. Some great looking recipes on the site and they also have syrups. Yum!!

Jenn
  • kiramaniac
    Options
    Nice Jenn! Silly NY state doesn't show as part of their distribution. Let us know if it's worth ordering online.

Has anyone tried the Crystal Light mocktails? They have mojito, margarita and appletini. The look perfect for mixing with vodka.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The Crystal Light mocktails are pretty good. Dasani makes this water flavoring in pink lemonade- vodka, the pink lemonade, and a fresh lemon wedge is my new fav.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add, you can use some diet tonic or seltzer to make a sparkling pink lemonade.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I know it's unoriginal, but Michelob Ultra. 2.6 grams of carbs and 96 calories per 12 oz @ 4.2% alcohol.

It won't win any prizes, but it's not a bad simulation of what could possibly be called "beer" on Mars...
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have Target's brand of the mocktail, Cranberry Cosmo. It was on clearance a while back. I add it to vodka. It's really good!

I also have the Jordan's Skinny Mixes, Cosmo (0 net carbs), Margarita and Pina Colada (for guests, 8 net carbs per serving each), and the Strawberry Daquiri (7 net carbs). I also have their SF syrups I use to mix in greek yogurt, protein shakes and tea. I got all the mixes at Bed, Bath & Beyond of all places!
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    Bud Select 55 has 1.9carbs per 12oz, Michelob Ultra & MGD 64 are good low carb beers too.

I'm a red wine lover so I found Menage a Trois, a blended red only has 2.4carbs per 5oz.

I also found the Pinot noirs run about 3.4-3.8 carbs per 5oz depending on the brand.

And don't forget vodka & zero redbull (has zero cal & zero carbs).

There is always skinny girl wines but those are sweet & around 5carbs per glass but only 100calories.

I'd love to know if anyone has found any lower carb wines??
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 has 1.9carbs per 12oz, Michelob Ultra & MGD 64 are good low carb beers too.

I'd love to know if anyone has found any lower carb wines??

I would like to know too!!

Also- I'm new to Keto and am curious how the beer affect ketosis? I've heard that the yeast can knock me out, but again, I'm new and stupid and don't know. Any input would be nice!! (I miss my boozes)