Jan 4 - Jan 10 Weigh In

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
LW 231.7
TW 230.3

REDUCTION!!! I am nervous about posting this weight because yesterday I was 231.6! I am still watching what I'm eating, but not depriving myself and if it can keep me moving down .2 or more per week and not go up, I shall continue. I want to be in Onderland again and I'm working on it.

Last night I spent some time on a webinar on photography. Well, it was more like a time share meeting. He did share some great tips and ideas, but in the end it was to buy into his program at $891 per year, but if I signed up in the next 15 minutes, it would only be $425 for the first year and look at what that gets you. It would be an amazing resource if I were to do this as a career, but it's a hobby from long ago and I just want to take pics of my family and when I hike again. My digital is similar to my 35mm, but the end results of the settings are not coming out the same as I recall. Keep in mind, I haven't used my 35mm in probably 5-10 years so it could be my memory as well. I'm playing with the settings taking pics of weird stuff just to test the settings. So nothing to share yet.

I did get my walk in yesterday at lunch and at the end of my workday. It's so dark here in the morning it's hard to get up early enough. Working from home has some benefits. I get to stay up and see hubby for a bit and then get the sleep my body needs. Today I did get up early enough, however, it's also trash day and stinky - and the trucks are already in the neighborhood so I'll go at lunch and after work again.

Today is the 12th day of Christmas, so lights do not go on again tonight and I will begin dismantling the decorations over the next couple of days. Tonight I'll probably play with my camera again - AFTER my walk.

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 132.8
    TW: 133.4

Hmm. I'm going to attribute the increase to soy sauce last night in the stir fry I made . . I've actually been really good and did a hard workout of cardio and strength training yesterday. I've worked out every day since Dec 28, UNTIL today, lol. I'm sore and need a rest day. Also, I haven't been able to take my eyes off CNN. Lordy. This is cray sh** going on in DC. What a mess.

Lois, enjoy your new hobby . . it sounds like fun and a great diversion from the stresses of life. Keep your health and fitness in the forefront too.

Kelly, good for you getting your treadmill walk despite the doggies, lol.

Gotta run . . . have an online playdate with Cali granddaughter.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 134.0
    TW: 133.4

Sheesh your dedication to strength training is something I so admire. I am just not getting myself doing that yet. I tried two times and had the shoulder talk to me, but I'm not doing what I should--which is reduce the weight and watch the over-the-head stuff. I need to do the stuff that makes me sore. That's a good indication that muscles are being worked.

Work is still difficult, so I asked for a CDC laptop today. But I dread getting it because that will make it hard for me to also get to my food diary. You can't access that type of site on a government computer. :s

And yes, I'm a bit nervous about all that is going on downtown. A lot of people who visit DC stay out in the 'burbs because hotels are much less expensive. And I don't want the type of people who at the Capital today to be anywhere near me!

Great job, Lois and Kelly, with your getting out to walk. And mentioning walking, I need to rush so I can get some steps in tonight. It has been cold and dreary all day today so I'm going to hit the mall, even though the emptiness makes me sad.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Good job Sarah!! You will make it work. and isn't this part time? or is it full time?

Sheesh - you'll balance out I'm sure!! and I have thought about my activity and my new hobby. I'm making it a priority to get my walk in after work and BEFORE I get to play with my camera. Got in my lunch walk and went a full mile plus after work. That's my new goal is to get in a mile in the evening. I had to put on shoes...lol.

Kelly - are you on your TM?

Thinking of all of you ladies!!
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    SW: 163.6
    LW: 164
    TW: 162.2

Just wanted to quickly stop by to post my weigh in from this morning. Busy with work for the past couple of days and my day isn't done. I'll try touch base later, if not then tomorrow.
  • SarahMaxx
    Options
    Wow. Almost 2 pounds in a week. That is great, Kelly. Especially with work, cold weather, kids, and the fact that we're just getting past two holidays. I am also getting swallowed up a bit with work, so have only a moment, but wanted to say hello and check in. Back soon.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Another quick check in to see how everyone is doing. Great to see everyone posting.
    Today we learn if our public health orders are going to be changed/lifted, but my guess is they aren't. Although our test positivity rate has dropped, we still have too many people in hospital and yesterday there were 12 more deaths. I would love to just be able to have 5 people over at my house, indoors would be nice but I would even be okay with it outdoors. We have this awesome outdoor skating rink that we built in the backyard this winter, that only we can use. The kids can't have friends over. Another stupid rule because they are allowed to go to a public outdoor rink and be with friends and strangers, but we can't let them have 1 or 2 friends here where we know it's safe. So dumb.
    Work has been busy this week and I have been to the office twice this week - Wednesday and Thursday mornings. We had a bunch of trainee transfers start, so there is extra work there, plus I had our quarterly safety report to do for my first time in this department and that required a bit more concentration, which is sometimes hard to get at home.
    It's Friday! Can't wait for the work day to be over. We're going to watch Forrest Gump with the kids tonight for movie night. Might have a couple scenes with the sex and drugs that are a bit much for them but they are 11 and 13, so it's not like they don't know what's up. It's a good movie with lots of learning points, so we're looking forward to it.
    Have a great day!
  • SarahMaxx
    Options
    Well, I've been attempting to add my "new" Charge 3 to my Fitbit account and I'm running into all kinds of glitches. But I need to get this done. I've had the Charge 3 for more than a year now, and my last band for my Charge 2 won't stay connected to the device very well on one side. I'm using some Gorilla tape on the back! I'm surprised these flimsy rubber wrist bands last as long as they do.

As I sit here among all the devices and wires under my desk, I am truly beginning to regret that I requested a CDC laptop last week. The more devices you have the more problems you have, it seems. I'm almost tempted to tell them that I have changed my mind. I haven't been notified yet that it's in Maryland. But I think hubby would croak. He really wants me to get a government issued computer so the CDC IT folks will give me more help when I run into problems. First question they always ask is "are you on a CDC computer?"

Meantime, I've been able to get my 10K steps in every day, but I'm struggling more with intake. I went through a period where I could eat dinner and then stop for the evening without it being a problem. But for the last week or so, I've had that intense urge to snack on something later. I don't know if it's stress or the cold and dark--or what. We are eating a little earlier in the evening, so maybe I just need to set aside a portion of my dinner to eat later. But that's hard to do, and some foods just don't keep well.

So as you can probably tell, I'm feeling a little cranky. :/ I hope you're all having a nice Saturday. At least we've had sunshine here all day for change. It has been cloudy and gray for far too many days in this new year.

• Lastchancelj
    Options
    Great job Kelly! Stay focused. Hoping the kids enjoyed Forrest Gump. One of. My favorites. I saw on FB that they extended tour lock down another two weeks. And that is just silly that you can go do the same activity in a public place but you can’t at home. Love your ice rink!!

Sarah - breathe my friend! And I can understand the CDC IT team asking the question. I have a few sales team members who use a Mac that we don’t issue. I don’t know what they have on it or exactly how it runs so I can’t help. That could be a similar scenario for the team. They are going to be familiar with the bad OS and software preloaded or what you’re running. Sorry but I do understand. Great job on getting in tour steps.

Another person at TKD tested positive found out late Thursday eve. I was able to get rapid tests for us today and we did a regular saliva test yesterday clear across town. We got the results from rapid and we’re negative so we have told mom she can come out of her room. We did quarantine her to keep her away from us.

Because of the potential exposure we had to cancel joining my son for his bday dinner. And he called us as we were waiting for the rapid test appt to let us know that his mil co worker had just tested positive. His in-laws were down for his bday weekend as well. They packed up and left. But now we don’t k or if my son and his family status. They are getting tested in Wednesday so hopefully we can celebrate his bday next weekend. I hate this crap.

We’re taking down our Christmas decorations today and tomorrow. We always leave them up until Little Christmas or 3 Kings Day. I did get two walks in yesterday and today just getting stuff around the house. I’ll start my morning with a walk tomorrow.

Stay healthy stay safe. We will get through this together
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Ladies!!

Christmas stuff is boxed up, hubby needs to move the boxes from the living room to the garage (or storage haha)!

We got to facetime with my son for his bday last night. We had a nice chat...just all bummed as we usually have dinner together. This weekend hoping to have that dinner.

I had ordered a Step2 kitchen for Rhea (belated Christmas as I didn't want to drag it back and , oh my goodness. She's now trying to eat and drink out of the play cups and plates. Good luck Mama and Dada! hahaha. Oh and she brought me a cup of coffee...it has a little keurig type coffee maker in it too. It's adorable and so was she. She's too dang cute! I hope they opt for rapid tests on Wednesday (especially since they can't take Rhea to daycare until everyone's been tested and I can't help until they've been tested either).

Anyhow, I went to bed late last night and after packing up the Christmas stuff and cooking, I failed to check my watch. I went to bed with 9,916 steps. SERIOUSLY! the watch should have beeped me walk just a wee bit more to hit 10k! UGH. Oh well.

I also went on a cooking kick yesterday. Made a batch of French Onion Soup - Super yum and I need to make another batch to keep on hand in the freezer. Hubby got a headache from the onion smell (he used the mandolin to help me slice them...we were dying at 5 huge onions). But so so yummy. I also made a minestrone soup/stew. That's going to feed us for weeks I think. I'm going to break it down and freeze some of that as well. And the regular chicken for hubby. I felt successful.
  • SarahMaxx
    Options
    Don't you love those days when you feel like you really accomplished some things! Food sounds yummy and it's so nice to have things ready for those days when life just seems to gobble us up!

I had one of those days today. I could not open email in the inbox I am supposed to work from. And when I tried to access the inbox outside the IMS system, weird things happened. So after a meeting with the client at 11:30, we took advantage of the COVID testing nearby. It's not the rapid test, but the one sent to the lab. It was a CDC mobile
    unit again. (Should have worn my badge. LOL) This was the test that takes a few days but the results are much more reliable. I'm pretty sure we are okay since we go almost nowhere and if we do go to the store, we always mask up and steer clear of people. But--you never know and the test is free, plus I really needed to walk away from this desk. (See--I am learning. :D )

I came back hoping things had gotten better, but they had not. So I struggled a few more hours and then reached out for help. The IT person shadowed me and said, yes--everything you describe is happening and it's bizarre. She and I were on the phone over an hour and a half when she finally cried uncle and escalated the ticket.

I was so embarrassed to have to tell the client that once again, I was having issues and got little done. But the IT agent showed me a temporary work-around, and so I took a dinner break and then came back up and got a few things done. Then it was 10:30 and I had less than 2K steps. But I am happy to say that I jumped on that darn treadmill and made my 10K with a few minutes to spare. However, my neck and knees are crying now, so I'm going to say goodnight. You guys are a few hours behind me, so I'll end with hope you have a nice evening and I hope to be back to chat again sometime tomorrow.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Sarah - It's all going to work out - I'm sure of it!

The results from the regular test we did on Friday came in as I was climbing into bed last night - NEGATIVE for both hubby and myself - yippeee. I'm not surprised. Fortunately, the masks we made over Easter Sunday last year have slits in them to insert filters. A company nearby TYR made N95 inserts and they fit in our masks perfectly. And hubby wears one in all of his masks. I swear I think I spent a couple of hundred on filters and masks (we bought some for our kids as well). I think a 10pack was $70 and we bought 3 (one for each household). My son gave hubby a few of his pack back since they don't go anywhere. Hubby wears a new mask daily and we wash them every week and then he iron/steams the heck out of them as well. He also said he still kept distance from the infected co-worker, but we were concerned at the duration of time they were somewhat near one another. What has become of our world where we are concerned to be too close to ANYONE? Anyhow, hubby has asked me to see how we can add filter slots to the masks my daughter sent us from Okinawa - that's going to be a project because they are beautiful and I don't want to ruin them. But he will feel more comfortable returning to the studio and using his new masks next week if he can have a filter in them. Weekend/weeknight project.

I've been up since almost 445...hubby's phone started this weird buzzing sound- not sure if it was notifications from one of his games or what. But it would buzz and then stop. I'd go back to sleep and then the stupid thing would buzz again. He tried a couple of things, but needless to say, I didn't sleep well the remaining 2 hours. I'm a wee bit cranky. So off to Starbucks I went for a fully leaded espresso with peppermint and mocha (only 2 shots of each flavor) but I need the caffeine this morning. I haven't been going to Starbucks regularly for the past few weeks and I don't really want to resume but I really needed it this am.

So last week I posted a great reduction. I am prepared for an upward tick...that was the ONLY day that number ever showed up. I've been watching intake and still getting in two walks per day (.6 and then a mile after my workday). Fingers are crossed.

• GaGasheesh
    Options
    Hello all. Sorry to be missing the last few days, but I've been dealing with a weird rash on my torso. I had a telemedicine apt with a doctor on call, and really he was no help. He initially told me his diagnosis was folliculitis, which I know it is not. It had been 4 weeks almost to the day since I had the first of two shingles vaccines, so I don't think it's an allergic reaction to the shot, and they told me it's not a live virus, so I don't think it's shingles. Also, it's not painful and is on both sides of my torso. So, who knows. I had a couple days of not feeling well, but no fever, just headache and fatigue. I decided to take a break from the workouts and just rest. Also, I started taking Valacyclovir and Benadryl. The rash is much better today (had it about a week), but not completely gone, but I feel better. So, I plan to go get a workout done.

Lois, I'm so happy your tests are negative, and that you're continuing with vigilance to stay safe. Our numbers are really bad, and all we can do is the same, and pray for the vaccine to be available soon. Although, now I'm wondering about getting a vaccine in light of my outbreak. But, being as it was 4 weeks after the Shingrix shot, I'm thinking it must be from some other source, but I'll be darned if I can think of what that might be. The online doc said I might want to reconsider getting the second dose of Shingrix, but I think I will anyway. I fear shingles more than this rash. My father suffered LONG bouts of shingles. They're awful.
    Congratulations on your reduction, getting your mile walk, and on getting your food prep done. You're off to a good start for the year.

Kelly and Sarah, great job with reductions for you as well! Sarah, I hope your IT issues get resolved soon. Kelly, I love Tom Hanks and his film Forrest Gump. It was the last request of me from my best friend who died of breast cancer that I put that movie in for her to watch when I last visited her. I tried to find it in her house, but wasn't able to, so my sweet husband went out and bought it. She lived in southern Utah at the time, and she passed away only a short time after our visit. I was glad we could accommodate one of her last requests. That movie is a treasure to me.

I'm not looking forward to weigh in day tomorrow because I've had very little exercise since this rash. But, I'm going to go get it done now. However, hubby has requested my spaghetti for dinner tonight, and since I've hardly cooked lately, I'll do that for him. So, not having great hope for tomorrow, lol. We have our family Zoom tonight, so I'll probably have a glass of wine too, and reset starting tomorrow.

• GaGasheesh
    Options
    BTW, Sarah, I forgot to mention the strength training . . don't do any over head or even shoulder moves to start out. Also, bodyweight movements only would be a good starting point, with no dumbbells added at all. Squats, lunges, push ups, kneeling leg and arm extensions for back. More muscle means more calorie burn for the day with everything you do! A little soreness is good, but give your body time to recover before you do strength training again.