Tripped and trying to get back up....

Options
Last week was a rough one for me. It started with Monday vibes- my phone fell out of my pocket and was run over by a car. My dad is quite ill, either having kidney failure or bladder cancer on top of his leukemia, but mom cancelled his doctor appointments because he's too tired to go. Then, the Jan 6th events were very unsettling to me. I'm going to leave it at that, because I LOVE having a politics-free zone, but it was enough to get my off my Dry January efforts. Thurs, my son went back to college. I don't know when I'm going to see him, again, because, pandemic. It makes me sad. So I've been MIA for a few days. Trying to stay positive and get back to taking care of myself too. On a better note, Dad is going to the Dr. next week AND both Mom and Dad got vaccinated yesterday! Woohoo! Going to get back on the treadmill and pretend today is Jan 1st, not the 11th. About to get back on the treadmill. Literally and metaphorically.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Cheering you on!

IMO, success is not in never slipping, it's in always getting up and at it again.

I'm sorry your last week really stank. Wishing you better, this week.

Enjoy that (literal) treadmill!
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your week was difficult on many fronts. Try to be patient and kind with yourself. It's wonderful that your folks got vaccinated! <3

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ann and Caroline. I am feeling better this week. I appreciate the support!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hoping this week is better for you. Take care if yourself, you've got so much going on that I hope you can take a few moments for yourself.

And I also agree that success is in the getting back on track. No one us perfect and those slips are normal.

And yay for parents getting the vaccine.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow....it does sound like a rough week indeed! You are human and you had a lot of stress. So sorry to hear about your father...that is hard. Just get back up and dust yourself off. You will better both mentally and physically when you eat healthier. Start back to the Dry January as well. I am surprised how much better I feel being without wine for 14 days now. I only drank on weekends but think I now realize how sensitive I must be to even a few glasses of wine.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    Wow....it does sound like a rough week indeed! You are human and you had a lot of stress. So sorry to hear about your father...that is hard. Just get back up and dust yourself off. You will better both mentally and physically when you eat healthier. Start back to the Dry January as well. I am surprised how much better I feel being without wine for 14 days now. I only drank on weekends but think I now realize how sensitive I must be to even a few glasses of wine.

You are so right about the dry January. I feel better when I don't drink and it helps so much with the weight loss. I've been seeing your exercise log- you are exercising everyday, staying under calories, and losing weight! It's inspiring!

• SavageMrsMoose
    Options
    In other good news, my daughter just finished her first semester of law school with a 3.7 GPA! So stinking proud of her! It hasn't been easy with the remote classes. So this week has definitely been better! Thank you to everyone for the support and encouragement. I tend to use these things as an excuse to make poor choices.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    In other good news, my daughter just finished her first semester of law school with a 3.7 GPA! So stinking proud of her! It hasn't been easy with the remote classes. So this week has definitely been better! Thank you to everyone for the support and encouragement. I tend to use these things as an excuse to make poor choices.

That is certainly something to be proud of! What an accomplishment!