Jan 11 - 17 Weigh In

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
LW 230.3
TW 230.0

OK So I did not expect this. I was up 1.4 yesterday and I'm only hitting this on Wednesdays!! Ok...So I always say celebrate ANY reduction! And I AM!!! My goal is to be in 220's next week. If I can maintain what I'm doing and stay focused... .2-1lb a week and I will be happy.

I pulled a Sarah yesterday and got stuck at my desk working until 730pm. I should have gone for a walk after, but it was cold, dark, and I felt like crawling into bed. I had some minestrone soup and slice of bread for dinner and was asleep before 930 last night. I didn't even play with my camera or anything.

More coworkers diagnosed with Covid this week...ugh. And her son just got through chemo for a rare cancer six months ago. She and her hubby have it so far. Hoping their boy doesn't get it. So yeah.

Super busy morning but wanted to log in.

Have a great day.

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 133.4
    TW: 134.2

Well, there it is. The inactivity and rash did me in. But, yesterday I got back at it with cardio and strength training. Today I will do some cardio, and get back to focusing more on intake.

Lois, good reduction, and yes we have to celebrate all reductions. I'm sad to hear about your co-workers. . praying their son doesn't get it. God, bring on the vaccine asap!

Sarah, I hope you can get away from work to post and get some activity. Yesterday I was thinking about you because I was doing mostly body weight exercises, which is what I do whenever I've had a "lay off" period from weight training. There are lots of moves for strengthening without the dumbbells or barbells.

Hope you're all having a good Wednesday. I'm done with housework for the day, and off to do some cardio.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 133.4
    TW: 133.0

Sorry to be late logging. I did weigh yesterday before I jumped in the shower (that's the weight logged) but the day got away from me big time. I had to drive to CDC in Hyattsville once again--this time to pick up my laptop. It's about an hour's drive each way, plus the time I'm there. Then I had a long training in the afternoon that I cannot even bill for because it's admin stuff for my contracting company. It was frustrating because only about half of the stuff applies to me. It's all new tracking of tasks and such. Arghh. When that was over, I decided to take a break and get my walking in early because things are getting a little scary around here.

I picked up Pho for our dinner last night as hubby and I both had busy days, and because of the salt in that, I'm up to 134.2 today. I seem to swing between 132.8 and 134.8. Knowing that I always have that 2-3 pound swing, my goal is to get the bottom end down a bit and at least keep the top end steady.

Sheesh, I read about your rash day before yesterday, but didn't have time to respond. I cannot believe that this is another thing we have in common! Although my face has not flared very badly in a long time, I'm still getting itchy, red streaky places on my trunk fairly often. My dermatologist prescribed triamcinolone cream and that helps a lot, but isn't a cure for sure. I don't think I'll ever know the exact cause. I suspect something autoimmune.

Well, i just realized I have 15 minutes to prepare for yet another meeting. Hope to get back to chat more. Lois, I laughed with that "pulled a Sarah." We will have to keep reminding each other to try to keep balance in our lives. I hope your coworkers recover completely and soon, and I'm glad to hear that your tests came back negative. I got the result from mine last night, which was much quicker than I thought, and I'm okay for now, too.
  • SarahMaxx
    Options
    Sheesh, I forgot to say thanks for suggestions on muscle building. Right now, I'm afraid to do lunges or squats because of my knee. If my shoulder hurts, I can put up with it. But if my knee gets bad, I can't walk, and when I can't walk, I'm totally out of whack. I think making myself get my 10k steps in each day is what is helping keep me sane while working on COVID-19. Or maybe, I only think I'm sane. :p I may end up checking with a PT or a sports medicine doc about what I can and can't do with this knee and how to strengthen the muscles around it. I would say getting old sucks, but I think the first time my knee gave way I was working in the office, so that was at least 17 years ago.
  • GaGasheesh
    Options
    Just quickly checking in to read posts. . Congratulations on your reduction Sarah! We are both hovering in the same weight range. I'm wondering what you think? What's your goal for 2021? I am still not really happy at this weight range. Being between sizes and not feeling quite at my best is my main irritant. I am a more consistent size when I'm in the 120's. I'm thinking I would like to get into and maintain 125 - 129. More realistic than my original goal of 120.

My rash is much better today, but still visible. I still don't know what caused it, but looking at pictures online I'm starting to think it was more like hives than shingles. But, I did finish up with the 5 days course of the Valacyclovir, and I'm still taking Benadryl in the evening. . it makes me too drowsy during the day. (I've decided I will get the second Shingrix vaccination.) I haven't put anything on it other than cool water and very mild soap in the shower. So weird. Sarah, do you think it could be stress causing these rashes?

It sounds like you're getting all set to get going on you new position, Sarah. I hope you will still be able to get your walks and plenty of breaks. The Apple Watch emphasizes "standing/moving" time. I think that makes a big difference in our health. Standing and moving a bit every hour during the day gives a "closed ring". Mine is set for 12 hours of the day.

Our state is starting next week to administer Covid vaccinations to residents 70 and over. Argh! Hubby and I just barely miss that age! It frustrates me because President elect Biden has said 65 and older, but I guess my state isn't going to follow that guideline. I guess it's more of the same for us for the next several weeks.

Stay healthy and safe.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Sarah - great reduction! Celebrate!!!

Sheesh - hoping your rash and reactions subside soon. Hubby gets hives and we have no idea why. We can never pin point a food etc. I don't change lotions or soaps. We keep pill and bottled benadryl on hand. His entire trunk will become inflamed. It will last about a week and go away as if it had never arrived. So bizarre.

This workweek has been INSANE. I had to run to Scottsdale yesterday to meet up with an employee to get them switched to a different phone...the owner called me and had questions - thank goodness I brought my laptop with me (didn't even realize I had....as I was trying frantically to think of a safe location where I could access our system). I was literally 30-40 mins from ANY site. Anyhow, it dawned on me I had my laptop so I got it up and running and answered her questions. Then I moved and knocked the replacement phone off of my car and it fell onto the ground...and cracked the screen! Oh fricknfrackngobbledygook. Heck with it. Done! I came home and met up with a roofer...I need some tiles realigned and replaced.... he wants me to do the entire roof. Yeah...no. That's $9k and we have no leaks. I am having him do one section over the garage - mainly because hubby has been up and walking up there and feels that area should be redone. It's 26 years old - ok fine. There goes $1k. Anyhow I'm all worked up and can't focus on work. I was on the struggle bus most of the afternoon due to interruptions all blessed afternoon. At the end of the day, I was done and exhausted. I wanted to climb into bed. I attempted to walk, but came back inside. My neighbor, who's usually in bed by 7 texted me at 745 to meet outside and go for a walk. We did the mile - *kitten* about this that or the next thing but we got in a refreshing walk and I was glad we did it. So I didn't get two walks in yesterday, but I at least got in a longer walk.
  • SarahMaxx
    Options
    Wow. I made it to Saturday.

Lois, I empathize with the insane work week. (Forgive me but it helps to know that I'm not the only one who has those weeks. :)) Mine was extra crazy because the people above me on the emergency response team were dealing with sooo much, including the fact that many are supervisors who are still dealing with year-end reviews for staff back in their regular programs. And you can just imagine how many questions we are receiving about vaccines, the new mutations, etc. My review period is finally over, which means they are comfortable with having me provide information to agents who staff the information center and call centers without anyone reviewing the responses I provide. Makes me feel good.

Sheesh, I am happy to finally be in the 130s again, but I'm struggling to go below 134. I'll see 133 point something one day, and then jump back up in the 134s. Maybe two or three times I have seen 132 something, but I don't stay there but a day! I remember back when I was stuck around 142 and couldn't move and I said to you, "if I can reach the low 130s I'll be happy." But like you, I now see that I still have more rolls on my body than I'd like and while size 10 jeans are too loose, my 8's are too tight. I try to worry about size, though. One pair of jeans that fit me well are a very old pair of 12's. So go figure. I remember that at Christmas 2010, I weighed 128 and felt really good. So that's the star I'm reaching for now. Because I'm back to sitting a lot, it will be hard to make, though.

I am missing Kelly on this thread and hope that all is okay with her and all her family and friends.

Well, I was told they need me a few hours this weekend, but I haven't received a schedule yet. So I'm going to get busy and get some housework and laundry out the way. Hope you all have a great Saturday.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies. Hoping everyone had a great weekend. We didn't do much and yesterday I was down with a headache (discovered today there's a storm system headed this way and my headaches have been occurring about a day before the dang storm shows on my weather app). Anyhow, we ended up cancelling our dinner plans with my son and his family to celebrate his birthday - again. I told hubby and MIL to go, but hubby's back is weird again (probably due to my headache - lol). Anyway they opted to stay home, which, as it turns out today, was a great thing they didn't go. Rhea and her mom went up north to visit the other grands since today's a holiday, however, when they got up there the other gma wasn't feeling well. DIL came home on Sunday as planned. DIL's mom went for COVID test this am - POSITIVE! Holy fracking crap! So her mom said nothing to her before she drove up 2+ hours and then the DIL said nothing to us when we were to head over for dinner and a few hour visit. Again, thankfully I had the headache and no one went. My son let me know this am and his was on the livid bus. Plus I was going to stay at their place Tuesday night as I was heading to an office over by them Wednesday am and I would have liked to have skipped the morning traffic. They’ve kept Rhea out of daycare and now have to figure out care for her this week (they had to adjust their work schedules just a couple of weeks ago for this reason). If daycare won’t let her in next week, I may be called in to assist – after my DIL receives NEGATIVE results of course. Dang it another week without Rhea :( Anyway, our house is still safe and healthy. My DIL will get a COVID test on Friday.

No meals were prepared or really planned. Hubby and I enjoyed sandwiches for lunch last week, so I ordered meat for us for this week, but I didn’t prepare any other foods. I can defrost the minestrone soup or toss in some chicken for a stir fry kinda meal tonight.

Took a quick break. Had a company meeting first thing this am so I was on early to process contracts and such before the meeting. I have my standard meeting in an hour which, I’m as prepared as I’m going to be for that. I did get in my lunchtime walk (did not walk this weekend – see headache). I thought I was doing better today, but not really. The walk didn’t help so I cut it short to just around the block and more Tylenol.

Sheesh and Sarah – how are your sisters doing? They’ve been on my mind this past week. And Sheesh has the rash/hives subsided? Kelly we're missing your check ins
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Sorry I have been MIA! I managed to throw out my back on Wednesday again, which I was worried was similar to when it happened to me in Kelsey in 2019, but thankfully it's not the same thing. I have been busy with physio appointments, plus trying to figure out how to work while not being able to sit for very long at all. Added to that pain, Shawn's foot is insanely sore again. He went to the orthopedic surgeon, who also said he doesn't know what's wrong with it. He wanted him to stop taking all meds, wait for it to swell up again so he could take fluid... ya that's not happening. Shawn went back to his regular doctor, who now finally thinks it's gout. He didn't actually think it was because his bloodwork didn't show any uric acid, but he's probably one of the 20% of people who don't show elevated levels. So he's been at home with me all week, not working. So with me not being able to sit or bend over and him not being able to walk well, it's been a tad difficult. I'm slowly on the mend though, so hopefully I can get into some sort of workout routine soon.
    Sheesh - That's crazy about the rash! I hope you manage to get that figured out. I know how much difficulties Sarah has had with that.
    Lois - Wow.. I would have been upset as well for someone not to tell me they had a link to a positive COVID test! Hopefully the other grandma's symptoms aren't bad and she recovers fast. Also hopefully she hasn't spread it to others.
    Sarah - Sounds like things are getting underway with your job. Hopefully it's not as stressful, now that you're on your own.
    Gotta get some work done. I promise to check in more this week.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Kelly - look into a standing desk - even the table top lifters and a standing pad - could be super helpful. We have them at our offices and I do like it.. Hubby bought the as seen on tv one at the drugstore - it's super cheapo - I wouldn't recommend as it doesn't have any real weight to the base. Varidesks are incredible - pricey but well worth the money. Something to think about if you are unable to sit. I've used the cheapo one above, but I felt more comfy adding ziploc bags of sand to ensure it didn't topple with my laptop.
  • wiredkell
    Options
    I had a veridesk at my Kelsey job, but had to leave it there. The problem for sure is working from home, which I am hoping won't be too much longer. Once my back is better, I just have to make more of an effort to get exercise in, to get up from my desk more and to ensure I'm sitting with proper ergonomics. Since I don't have a real office desk or chair at home and don't want to buy one since we don't even have an office, I just have to try make things work.
  • GaGasheesh
    Options
    Yikes, Lois! Covid is on a rampage with the more contagious variant circulating. Glad you dodged it so far. Praying DIL and son are able to as well. Sorry you'll miss Rhea. I feel like we're so close to the finish line . . getting vaccinated . . I am NOT getting it now after all we've missed and sacrificed thus far. Hope your headache is better, and hubby's back. My rash is still visible, but not inflamed. It's so weird. I don't think it's hives. It's in a line or pattern exactly the same on each side of my torso, my left side worse. I think it may have been some kind of shingles or similar ?? It's thankfully never been painful, only a little itchy, but i never touched it other than to wash with mild soap in a coolish shower. Thanks for thinking of my sister. She is doing better and able to keep small amounts of solid food down, and no blood coming up. She's frustrated because they don't really know what all it was, but I think she had 2 or 3 different things happening. Her hubby is still struggling with shingles, especially the ones in his eyes. He sees the eye doctor about every other day. . they're very concerned about his sight.

And double yikes, Kelly! I'm so sorry about your back and Shawn's foot. Wow. That's frustrating. I don't know much about gout or how they treat it, but I would say go with whatever meds and treatment available for it and hopefully the symptoms subside, or if not, you would at least know what it isn't ?? Years ago I had a continually sore back, with shooting sharp pain at times. We went into a fitness equipment store one day and I got on a teeter hang up. The minute I got out of it, my back pain was gone! It did come back, but needless to say I bought that sucker right away, lol. I still get into it every so often (when hubby is here to supervise me :p ) and I think it really helps decompress the spine. A veridesk is a good idea too. It seems to me your job ought to provide. Better than a hurt employee ? The Apple Watch reminds me to stand up! I call it my little nag.

Sarah, I can't wait to hear about your job and if you like it. I hope it's manageable and leaves time for you and isn't too stressful.

We have our Tuesday family Zoom tonight, which I'm looking forward to. We're doing "show and tell", and easy "Charades". Our grandkids like to show the crafts and art they do. My granddaughters have been provided cell phones with no internet access, and they have learned to text and FaceTime with me, lol! I really miss them all. The baby in Cali will be 3 next month . . I'm sure he doesn't remember me being there in person :'( but he knows me on the screen. "hi gramma"

Stay safe and healthy. Be back tomorrow for weigh in.
  • wiredkell
    Options
    Good morning :)
    The back pain has eased a bit this morning, which is fantastic. We will see how it goes with the day and me sitting at my desk. I have a doctors appointment this morning for a physical, so I'll be up and about for that. Not looking forward to the physical, but a letter in the mail reminded me it's been 3 years.. so it's time.

Sheesh - I use the Apple Watch as a reminder for sure with the standing. I wish it was more like the Fitbit where it reminded you that you haven't reached 250 steps in the hour though. The Apple Watch only makes you stand for 1 minute per hour in order to collect the hour.. which is silly. I will definitely have to do my physio exercises today with the ball and the stretches she gave me with the foam roller. That's very strange about your rash. Can you link it back to something you ate or are eating? I know allergies can come on suddenly, especially with food. I hope you had fun with your Zoom night :)
  • wiredkell
    Options
    Oh.. and Happy Inauguration Day! There is hope. <3