February 26 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Yes to exercise. No to tracking and food. My third pass day. As explained in the prior day's post, a planned pass day after a week of dealing with identify theft. I have to say it does not help to log onto MFP and find these sketchy friend requests either with their somewhat suggestive poses after having dealt with my current issues. Other than that, happy to be on track with food and exercise regardless of outside influences.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @biketheworld : keep doing what you're doing for just a little longer👍. Same happens to me, but I just keep on working out 🏋‍♀️ /🚴‍♀️/🤸‍♀️ and just try to have some calories left (I actually set MFP to maintaining, because it was o/w too frustrating). I also guestimate, but have logged food for over 2 decades and am on MFP for like 15y. So I kinda know what is what (I still weight cereals, backed goods when I can, sometimes a steak or else use package description. Cooked meals are cups - but this is not advisable unless you've been at it for a little while). But trust me, some mornings I could just jump 🤸‍♀️ on the scale until it cracked 😠. Take February: I started a 🏋‍♀️ program and totally forgot that muscles retain on water when put more to work, in order to repair. So for days I just thought: stupid scale. Well... silly me! 🤭

So you just keep at it! 🙌 Be ready to listen to your body, to observe, to adjust, to be kind to yourself. 🌹
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld The scale can be so frustrating! So many things can cause it to fluctuate. Our hormones and water weight being the two big culprits. As @dewit was saying, whenever I strength train my weight is up the next day because my muscles hold on to more water. You might have just had more salt in something the night before. Hang in there!💕
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld I'm sorry you are so frustrated. Emotions rule almost all of us.
    BTW, I am with you in that I am not trying to be at ideal weight, I am trying to be reasonable and fit for life.
    Please celebrate your victories. Getting on the scale every day is not a self-friendly thing to do.
    Your friend, Rick
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My exercise felt so doggone good. I flipped a tire with my trainer 40x in 5 mins. YAY. Tracked, but over.
    Despite this pass day, I'm in the running for the Winner's circle
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @ForLangston
    I just saw your post a minute after I posted the list above, here comes one more list below
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,094 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/26
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Passes used: 3 of 3
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 You got this! You have overcome lots of past challenges and you will overcome this period of grief. I am always prone to comfort myself with food when dealing with loss of a loved one.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Feb 26

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 1/3
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld I feel your frustration, I have been fighting obesity for over 15 years. I go on and off, but even when I'm off I keep feeling guilty for eating a lot. I have never reached my healthy weight. I don't even know the number of attempts I have tried. But honestly, it's only one way, whether we take it slow , fast, stop midway or keep going. Continuing is the only option.

And some people are so lucky, they don't understand the struggles we face, but when we win, we will become better people. So, please don't feel guilty or frustrated, we can never have perfect day everyday, month as well, this is life after all.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,830 Member
    Options
    Feb 26
    Only day I can remember in Maintenance when I went pretty much “off the rails.”

I ate a whole bag of cookies I didn’t even like while mindlessly watching a tv show. The whole time, I consciously ate each one, I told myself “this won’t help your feelings” nodded. & then took another.

And honestly lucky for me, I didn’t feel well & my body really wasn’t happy. I feel lucky my body reacted so clearly.

I’m not doing that to it again.

Part of what I’m grappling with is the restriction of caffeine including decaf (which is all I drink) & dark chocolate. Those have been my go-to “treats” these past 5 years.

I will figure this out.
    Pass Day 3️⃣

Gosh. Don't be too hard on yourself Maddie. You are still struggling with a huge hole in your household. Just put it aside and carry on as I expect you have done the past 2 days. It IS exactly why I have the goblets of marbles. When I look at all the full goblets (for being on track) versus the one goblet with 4 marbles in it the perspective is real. In maintenance it's the longer term we have to strive for. None of us is perfect of course so carry on as I am sure you are. And giving up ALL coffee just sucks but I imagine that is for the irreg heart beat. Our health is so precarious sometimes.

Yesterday was a stressfull rollercoaster day for me and I really could have just said screw it and eaten everything in the kitchen. But something about knowing how my body would react to that and how I would feel ill just kept me from responding to the situations in that respect.

Best of luck and many hugs from your Tx friend.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    PASS

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Yes, Walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅ No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅ No

Passes used: 2 of 3
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @SLIMn Only 2 passes is doing great!