February 2 Sign In

Options

Replies

• molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Tuesday
    Under calories! And tracked, and did a 55 min dog walk.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier Thanks for your post and the beautiful dawn photo!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,045 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 That is so very cool, and I will admit that I am a tiny bit jealous. That's the type of thing I would love to do! Congratulations!!

Hi SModa61!
    Not meant to make you jealous, but rather inspired!
    I have seen some of your posts regarding maintenance & likely you already have many friends assisting, but I am seriously here if you want support until it seems less confusing❣️
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 That is an incredible post and congratulations. I copied your post and added to my collection of "Best posts of UAC"
    Your friend, Rick

Thank you, Rick aka @RangerRickL!
    I’m sure you noted the how the UAC dovetails with the research results on successful maintainers!

You are & have been an inspiration to me.

Your friend, Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@Ja_Kl thanks. I try to take pics of the city when I get a chance and it's not cold or windy like today. 🌬❄
    @MadisonMolly2017 Congrats on being selected by the NWCR so happy for you. Also, that was some great info and stats, keep it coming.🎊
    @lesdarts180 it's wonderful to hear you were vaccinated. My city is so behind the curve it's embarrassing.💉🥺
    Bovaryoo wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Congrats on getting in and thanks for sharing some of the research with us!

Exercise? Yes (Yoga 30, Weights 30, Spin 45, Stretch 10)
    Calories? Yes
    Track? Yes

I got a new fitness toy today, a Whoop band. I love data and it monitors the strain you accumulate as well as recovery %. For instance, my strain for spin was a 10.3 and weightlifting only a 5.2. It also analyzes your sleep. It takes 4 days to get a full reading, but it seems pretty spiffy right now.

Thank you @GreyGirl915 & @Bovaryoo !
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 That is so very cool, and I will admit that I am a tiny bit jealous. That's the type of thing I would love to do! Congratulations!!

Hi SModa61!
    Not meant to make you jealous, but rather inspired!
    I have seen some of your posts regarding maintenance & likely you already have many friends assisting, but I am seriously here if you want support until it seems less confusing❣️
    Maddie

Sorry if I came across wrong. That was a happy-for-you-jealous. :) you have accomplished so much, both your loss and your maintenance.

thank you for the offer of maintenance guidance. I do think the most challenging factor in maintaining is the mind. Two days in and many to go! :)
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,883 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    22hrrfwnpd6t.png
    @SModa61 Watch out for speed traps!!

<3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    since I start reading the prior day(s) posts before I log in to the actual day's posts, I believe that I posted today's results on yesterday's posts. Oh well, as @alligatorob often says, "It was a good day!"
    3 x yes.
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone ❣️

I got VERY EXCITING mail yesterday!!!

I am officially in the National Weight Control Registry! I applied long ago. This was a goal of mine when losing & especially in the early days of figuring out maintenance!! I thought maybe they had stopped.

They currently have 11,000 study participants & they invite 1,000 more each year. You have to have lost 30 lbs or more & maintained for at least a year.

I am over the moon. ❤️❤️❤️ I can’t tell you how much this means to me!

Please consider applying!! It would be great for the NWCR to get dozens of folks who answer how did you lose? Maintain?
    A. Why, UAC, of course❣️

Hugs,
    Maddie

PS I used to weigh 228, high weight 238...and my average monthly weights have been under 160 for the past 29 months.

So, so exciting to have been able to join a group whose research helped me❣️❣️

The NWCR is associated with a hospital & study doctors. Participants agree to answer an annual 60-minute questionnaire, which enables researchers to identify what works!

Here are some of their research findings..(.I placed in bold the findings that helped me lose & maintain! Namely walking about 10K steps a day & tracking all food intake.

From National Weight Control Registry website:

NWCR Facts

You may find it interesting to know about the people who have enrolled in the registry thus far.

80% of persons in the registry are women and 20% are men.

The "average" woman is 45 years of age and currently weighs 145 lbs, while the "average" man is 49 years of age and currently weighs 190 lbs.

Registry members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years.

These averages, however, hide a lot of diversity:
    Weight losses have ranged from 30 to 300 lbs.
    Duration of successful weight loss has ranged from 1 year to 66 years!
    Some have lost the weight rapidly, while others have lost weight very slowly--over as many as 14 years.

We have also started to learn about how the weight loss was accomplished: 45% of registry participants lost the weight on their own and the other 55% lost weight with the help of some type of program.

98% of Registry participants report that they modified their food intake in some way to lose weight.✅

94% increased their physical activity, with the most frequently reported form of activity being walking.

There is variety in how NWCR members keep the weight off. Most report continuing to maintain a low calorie, low fat diet and doing high levels of activity.

78% eat breakfast every day.✅
    75% weigh themselves at least once a week.✅
    62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.✅
    90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.✅

By the way, All of the ✅‘s items that I do, were NOT things I did prior to 1/1/16 consistently.

Forming new habits works!
    We CAN change.

So so so happy for you, Miss Molly, my friend! You DESERVE this so much, and I am so very PROUD of YOU! I NEVER knew something like this existed! I will join this! Thank you, as always, for the great information for the UAC group! What would we do without you?
    <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Congrats @MadisonMolly2017 that is an awesome accomplishment and thank you for posting some of the data. I know I have seen one or another MFP maintainers post about it but usually not in such great detail and it's nice to see and helpful for maintainers and losers alike! (hahah losers... jeez!)

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes - 2 runs today. a 4 mile in the am and a 5 mile at lunch. Gotta get that mileage base in, LOL and just don't have time or even desire to do it all at one time.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

This morning was a glorious sunrise. I noticed the subtle lighting glow in my kitchen and had to run outside before it was gone.
    u1348yr9tq2d.png

I do have to laugh as I think mz Gina was a bit manic yesterday o:) ... LOL. But I honestly enjoyed EVERY post and Victoria had some excellent reminders for everyone. Thank you both!!! <3

SummerinTx

My husband would agree with you too! @SummerSkier!
    :p
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 80 minutes on the spin bike, a 60 minute Yin Yoga class, and a 60 minute Hatha Yoga class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep

Do YOU ever get TIRED? Way to go on another INSPIRING exercise day!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Bovaryoo wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Congrats on getting in and thanks for sharing some of the research with us!

Exercise? Yes (Yoga 30, Weights 30, Spin 45, Stretch 10)
    Calories? Yes
    Track? Yes

I got a new fitness toy today, a Whoop band. I love data and it monitors the strain you accumulate as well as recovery %. For instance, my strain for spin was a 10.3 and weightlifting only a 5.2. It also analyzes your sleep. It takes 4 days to get a full reading, but it seems pretty spiffy right now.

What is a Whoop band?
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Note.... google search on Whoop band....

I could have done this too but asked her directly. Ha Ha! See, we are still thinking alike!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 - that is so exciting! The journey you took is pretty much exactly the one I need to finish taking and then I need to learn to maintain. You may have just become my new role model! (I hope that doesn’t come across creepy. Lol.)

NOT creepy at all! She is a FANTASTIC role model to have by your side! She also will LOVE to take the job!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 That is an incredible post and congratulations. I copied your post and added to my collection of "Best posts of UAC"
    Your friend, Rick

What do we do with The Best Posts Of The UAC? I did NOT know this existed!
    My GOAL- To be on that list!
    :p