Options
12346»

Replies

• GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »
    O2/01/21

Oops. Waited Too long to think about the exercise and was too tired, so first Pass Day used. Lesson learned: Try to get exercise in first thing.

Calories = yes
    Tracking = yes
    Exercise = no

1 /3 Pass Days used.

I think you are new to the group, but correct me if I am wrong! The UAC group allows you to count activity as exercise if you wish to do so! I am close to my goal weight, so I have stopped so much walking on my treadmill, even though I do enjoy it! I am focusing more on weights, toning, stretching, and just physical movement! An example is NOT sitting on the couch all day watching Netflix, although some days I enjoy this too! So YOU do NOT need to take a pass today if you didn't do any formal exercise, but maybe you cleaned the house, washed some floors, shoveled some snow, etc..this all counts towards exercise and fulfills the 20-minute requirement! I hope this info helps!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Start weight, February 1, 2021: 126.2

February 1, 2021 – 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September, 14, 2020 – 153.0

@SModa61 CONGRATS on your consistent loss every month! You've done an awesome job losing 27lbs in 5 months! :smiley:

Thanks @Mrs_hoffer It went much better than I imagined and I have to credit challenge participation for the success. Feels good, but confusing to maintain.

We got this girl! We both started our journey of health and fitness almost to the EXACT date! We both joined the UAC on October 1st! We both are Grandparents for the first time! You got a Grandson, and I have a Granddaughter, both Grandkids close in age as well! We both have lost about the same amount of weight per month and total! You and I both are close in age too! Are we " soul sisters from another mister?"
    Bring on February! Looking forward to maintenance!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Start weight, February 1, 2021: 126.2

February 1, 2021 – 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September, 14, 2020 – 153.0

@SModa61 CONGRATS on your consistent loss every month! You've done an awesome job losing 27lbs in 5 months! :smiley:

Thanks @Mrs_hoffer It went much better than I imagined and I have to credit challenge participation for the success. Feels good, but confusing to maintain.

We got this girl! We both started our journey of health and fitness almost to the EXACT date! We both joined the UAC on October 1st! We both are Grandparents for the first time! You got a Grandson, and I have a Granddaughter, both Grandkids close in age as well! We both have lost about the same amount of weight per month and total! You and I both are close in age too! Are we " soul sisters from another mister?"
    Bring on February! Looking forward to maintenance!

@ginadomaszewicz It has been fun to watch our parallel journeys. Looking forward to 2021 and all the good I hope it will bring! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Even though, I am physically in Arizona, my 'real job' is being a lawyer in a law firm west of Chicago. Today, my real job caused me to go office shopping in Arizona. My number one gal, Rose, my landlord, wants my work space out of the guest bedroom. I am one of the few guys to be told by his wife to get out, but she specifically meant, get your office out of here. I found a nice furnished personal office with view of the McDowell Mountains northeast of Phoenix. The marriage is saved!! Rose approved the new office!
    Exercise: Active stretching with pushup intervals, 40 minutes
    Calories; under my limit
    Tracking: good

Congrats on the new office, Rick! A happy wife is a happy life!
    :)
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot to post yesterday (feb 1) but I had a 3 YES day.
  • SModa61
    Options
    Even though, I am physically in Arizona, my 'real job' is being a lawyer in a law firm west of Chicago. Today, my real job caused me to go office shopping in Arizona. My number one gal, Rose, my landlord, wants my work space out of the guest bedroom. I am one of the few guys to be told by his wife to get out, but she specifically meant, get your office out of here. I found a nice furnished personal office with view of the McDowell Mountains northeast of Phoenix. The marriage is saved!! Rose approved the new office!
    Calories; under my limit

@rangerrickL When Hubby was 46, he sold his company and retired and I only had a few days warning. First day he was home, I taught him how to make coffee and left the house. Almost 14 years later, it is still weird having him home during the day but we each have our "zones" where we do our own things. Rose's request helps keep your home more status quo, and i get her request. Congrats on the office. :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Calories; under my limit

@rangerrickL When Hubby was 46, he sold his company and retired and I only had a few days warning. First day he was home, I taught him how to make coffee and left the house. Almost 14 years later, it is still weird having him home during the day but we each have our "zones" where we do our own things. Rose's request helps keep your home more status quo, and i get her request. Congrats on the office. :)

My husband was promoted to his boss Kevin's job! Kevin retired, and now my hubby no longer bends a wrench, as he has, for the past 33 years! The pandemic has forced his city shop to break into two teams! They fix and repair police and village cars, so YOU must have these on the road! It has been a HUGE adjustment, not only to him but also to me! They have one team working a week, and one team off a week, with pay! When he was a mechanic, his week off was fun, but now he MUST actually work on his week he does NOT go into the shop! This is NOT an issue, but we ONLY have ONE PC in the house! He likes working from two, one his laptop from home, the other our PC! I can NOT get things done that I WANT to do now! I know the pandemic has been HARD on EVERYONE!
    What was your hubby's business that he sold? He retired early age, good for him!
  • SModa61
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Calories; under my limit

My husband was promoted to his boss Kevin's job! Kevin retired, and now my hubby no longer bends a wrench, as he has, for the past 33 years! The pandemic has forced his city shop to break into two teams! They fix and repair police and village cars, so YOU must have these on the road! It has been a HUGE adjustment, not only to him but also to me! They have one team working a week, and one team off a week, with pay! When he was a mechanic, his week off was fun, but now he MUST actually work on his week he does NOT go into the shop! This is NOT an issue, but we ONLY have ONE PC in the house! He likes working from two, one his laptop from home, the other our PC! I can NOT get things done that I WANT to do now! I know the pandemic has been HARD on EVERYONE!
    What was your hubby's business that he sold? He retired early age, good for him!

It was a machine shop that made high precision parts. In the computer department, I am lucky that hubby is very much into his technology. He has desk top, lap top, iPad, iPhone and apple watch. I also have the same offerings as him. The computers are often hand me downs from my son who works in tech and only buys the best (his work from home office looks like an air traffic control tower) and upgrades every couple years. I think my husband and I would kill each other if we had to share a computer. You are a saint for sharing your computer!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,337 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/1
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 😈
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 😈

PASS: 1/3 (for my own accountability)

Not a great way to start our challenge but it was sooooo worth it my granddaughter turned 6.

g2wspf1oj8eq.jpeg
    3aatndljlrn8.jpeg

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie Thanks for those lovely photos. Pass days are meant to be used for such occassions!
    from Grandpa Rick
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @SModa61 and @ginadomaszewicz Truthfully, I have "retired' before in 2003. I sold my title insurance and escrow company which had 230+ employees and a number of Chicago metropolitan offices. The first week that I was home, I decided to straighten up and rearrange Rose's kitchen.
    When she found out, this is what she said, "I married you for better or for worse, but not for lunch! Get out of here and find something else to do."
    After we spent a year going to Spanish language school in Costa Rica, we returned to our farm and I started a new law firm.

I love Rose! She and I would be great friends!
    <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Date: 2/1
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 😈
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 😈

PASS: 1/3 (for my own accountability)

Not a great way to start our challenge but it was sooooo worth it my granddaughter turned 6.

g2wspf1oj8eq.jpeg
    3aatndljlrn8.jpeg

What a cutie! Happy 6th birthday to your Granddaughter! I love working with kids, and it is ALWAYS worth it for them, Grandma Jackie!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am very late on my post, but thinking of UAC throughout my day!

Had a day off on Feb 1st and had a lovely walk with my boys. Whatever I burned during the lifting session in the evening was calories I had left and not used 👍.
  • SModa61
    Options
    @SModa61 and @ginadomaszewicz Truthfully, I have "retired' before in 2003. I sold my title insurance and escrow company which had 230+ employees and a number of Chicago metropolitan offices. The first week that I was home, I decided to straighten up and rearrange Rose's kitchen.
    When she found out, this is what she said, "I married you for better or for worse, but not for lunch! Get out of here and find something else to do."
    After we spent a year going to Spanish language school in Costa Rica, we returned to our farm and I started a new law firm.

@RangerRickL How amazing! My rule here is that I plan and do the dinners and the grocery shopping and will buy anything on request. Hubby is responsible for feeding himself during the day, which works out well as we eat and live very differently during the day. My first coffee is between 6 and 7, breakfast no later than 8, lunch before 12 and typically and afternoon snack. He on the other hand. Coffee about 8, small breakfast/lunch around 10, maybe a bag of nuts around 3 PM, and then his dinner is almost twice the size of mine.

My FIL retired at 50. He passed away at 83. My MIL fed him EVERY meal of his life. So once he retired, her life was very much changed with having to be home according to his schedule. I had already seen that by the time Hubby retired and there was no way that was happening to me. Or at least not happen and let both of us not kill each other. :P Rose is much nicer than me. My husband would have never dared to rearrange my kitchen. I totally get her suggestion you find some new activities. Sounds like your post retirement path has been pretty special!

We have become nomads as I call it. Main home is in Mass. We used to have two homes in Maine for weekends, but we sold the ski place as neither of us skied anymore and we wanted to "simplify our lives". Well, 9 months later we oopsed and bought a condo in the Florida Keys. Now we are much more complicated...... So summer is Mass and Maine, and the rest of the years is Mass and 1600 miles away in Florida. We have two cats Harry and Han Solo who are dragged with us in out travels.

PS: With our time in Florida, I have been thinking maybe I should freshen up what remains of my high school spanish. Would actually be useful there.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 You lead excellent lives. Rose and I are very fortunate too.
    After raising our 4 children, we try to have coffee together at 7:30 am almost every morning. Our schedules are different in that I usually get up at 5:00 to no later than 5:30 am. and she likes to get up very close to our coffee time. I usually get the coffee on.
    I still enjoy the creative aspects of my work. The young people (including our oldest daughter and law partner) carry 90% of the productive work. COVID has me on the phase out path, but lately the pace has been quickening.
    Gotta keep that in balance!!
    Thanks for sharing with me.
    Rick