Favorite Childhood Books/Series

Options
PKM0515
PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
I'll start with the obvious: Nancy Drew. (I also liked Trixie Belden. I think I had a crush on her older brother Brian. ;) )

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I read all the Little House on the Prairie books. I know I read others, but I honestly cant remember. LOL
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Good ones! Chronicles of Narnia, Nancy Drew, Little House on the Prairie, then when I was older I loved Sweet Valley High books about the twins. I got Disney books in the mail for awhile, I think it was one every other month. I loved the mail book clubs!
  • PKM0515
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Yes, the Little House on the Prairie books!

Also, Little Women and Little Men. I remember being very young and crying when a certain character died. I won't mention who just in case someone decides to read one of these as an adult.

A few random books that made an impression (I'm going WAY back):
    • Where the Wild Things Are
    • Heidi
    • Charlotte's Web
    • Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot about those as well! Charlotte's Web was the best, I still have that book saved. Then my friend and I used to watch it every year and I'd sob like crazy. I read all the others too! I remember when I think it was Forever came out? Judy Blume's book about the 16-year-old who has her first time, I devoured that book! I snuck it into my innocent stack of teen books and my mom had no clue!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    I also liked this series a lot (sort of scifi for kids):

https://www.goodreads.com/series/140210-miss-pickerell
  • LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When I was very young I enjoyed all.the Enid Blyton from The Famous 5 to The Faraway Tree. Later I enjoyed the Arabian Nights and also had an Asterix phase!
  • LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    And of course Heidi and Charlotte's Web.I cried when Charlotte dies!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 OMG Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret was my favorite! I loved Judy Blume's books.

Some more favorites:
    The Ramona the Pest series by Beverly Cleary
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Charlotte's Web
    Nancy Drew and also the Hardy Boys mysteries
  • PKM0515
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @PKM0515 OMG Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret was my favorite! I loved Judy Blume's books.

Some more favorites:
    The Ramona the Pest series by Beverly Cleary
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Charlotte's Web
    Nancy Drew and also the Hardy Boys mysteries

@trooworld

I think I was in the fifth grade when that came out. We were all passing it around, reading and whispering. Oh, the innocence of those days!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 Yes!!! The naughtiness lol. Speaking of, Judy Blume's "Wifey" was really scandalous.