Favorite Romance Novels?

Options
PKM0515
PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
With Valentine's Day approaching, let's share our favorite romance novels! ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’“

Replies

• LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Pride and Prejudice.!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    I love Pride and Prejudice! It's also my favorite. A recent favorite is:

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
  • PKM0515
    Options
    I'm trying to think! I'm not a big fan of romance novels usually.

I used to love Barbara Michaels' books (e.g., "Aimee, Come Home"), which were romance with an element of supernatural, I guess?

Also, Dorothy Eden ("Cat's Prey").

I loved the original "Bridget Jones' Diary," but I think that would probably be categorized as Chick Lit rather than Romance.

I love all the suggestions! Let's keep them coming. ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    The Time Traveller's Wife?? Amazing must read it again!
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    I also enjoy Debbie Macomber ...I know! But my daughter got me hooked on her Christmas books and then I read a few others.I even have a signed copy my daughter got for me from a New Orleans book fair!!Anyway nice easy reads!

• PKM0515
    Options
    I also enjoy Debbie Macomber ...I know! But my daughter got me hooked on her Christmas books and then I read a few others.I even have a signed copy my daughter got for me from a New Orleans book fair!!Anyway nice easy reads!

I enjoy listening to her books. I don't know if I'd have the patience to actually read them though. I do love most of the Hallmark movie adaptations!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Nancy Thayer is another author I enjoy listening to but probably couldn't read.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 I've read all of Barbara Michael's including her Egyptian novel which was totally different!

@LondonParisTexas I love Debbie Macomber too, she's one of the few I'll still read!

My mom was heavy into romances, she ran a romance club when she worked at the bookstore plus was in all the Harlequin clubs where you'd get books in the mail. I read most of hers, she reads more urban fantasy romances now as far as they go. The only one left I still read is Susan Mallory, my Mom's best friend reviews the books so she gets the hardbacks for free then passes them on. My cousin excitedly told me about Bridgerton on Netflix thinking I used to read the old fashioned fat romances like my aunt, it's not a bad show but I told her if it was about women being dressed up and put on pillows for men to bid on no freaking way!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Thought I'd share another book I remember enjoying a lot. Not my typical reading.

"The Life Lucy Knew" by Karma Brown