Something to Ponder

Options
janlawrence2
janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
Hey, gang. I have been doing a 21-day meditation with Oprah and Deepak Chopra, and I'm on day 20. It's been one of the most blessing-filled experiences I've ever had. But, I had to share something that came up today - the subject of today's meditation was "forgiveness". And in my reflection, something came to mind - The things that are in our past, the things we may need to forgive, shapes us, but does not define us. It occurred to me that, in the literal sense, maybe weight gain is the "shape". Maybe past hurts or things get us on the path of using food to find comfort, which results in our larger shape and need to bury the pain in food. And maybe, just maybe, if we could be quiet for a while, bring those things to the surface, cry, and forgive and let go, then step-by-step we won't need that buffer anymore. There's so much more I learned today, but thought I would leave you all with something to think about.

Replies

• mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Janlawrence2, I think you are on to something. I can still stress out about something that happened years ago. The other person probably doesn't even remember it, but I recall it all vividly. I need to let things go.

However, I have such a hard time relaxing, meditating and/or praying. That sitting quietly without my mind going a million miles an hour is hard.

I am glad you are getting so much out of this meditation. Just one more healthy change you are making on this journey. Thanks for giving us something to think about.
  • aNewMiniMe
    aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I too have a hard time sitting quietly. I find for me that long hard walks talking to myself (in my head - of course:laugh: ) I can workout many issues. I start out frustrated or angry and by the end of a HARD walk I find that things are not as bad as they seemed. For me this is my best solution. I am glad that you have found something that works for you. :flowerforyou: