PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
I'm trying to remember the last non-fiction book I read. 😮

Replies

• PKM0515
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Oh, I'm going way back here, but:

Alive (what a tragic, compelling true-life story) -- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/401514.Alive

Touching the Void -- https://www.amazon.com/Touching-Void-Story-Miraculous-Survival/dp/0060730552

I have a thing for books about mountain climbing...
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Educated was pretty intense.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    I was thinking I don't really read non-fiction much but I do on occasion: I loved Educated...it reads so much like fiction that I didn't think about it until @bebeisfit mentioned it.
  • LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Bill Bryson and historical biographies.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Somewhere I have a decades-old copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living." It was dated back then but had some good, practical advice. I need to find my copy; it's definitely time for a re-visit.
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Just checking in an reading your posts and recommendations and moving them !!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 I just heard of this story on Mr Ballen on You Tube (Touching the Void), he's great at dark mysteries if you're bored and want something interesting to listen to. He's a great storyteller.
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Just checking in an reading your posts and recommendations and moving them !!!!

And "loving" them sorry 😪
  • PKM0515
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @Katmary71, I love Mr Ballen! I was just listening to him last night (re the two young Dutch women who disappeared in Panama).

The book and the movie of "Touching the Void" are very well-done and inspirational, if anyone is interested in mountain climbing or stories of survival.

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I read Melinda Gates's "the Moment of Lift" how empowering women can chane the world.

Really good. And her interviews are also enjoyable. She was on Brenee' Brown's podcast.
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Just read the review of this The General's Cook by Ramin Ganeshram Looks fascinating !