Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    M]]✅Feb 1
    B:🍎 L: unsweetened applesauce
    S: radishes D: cherry tomatoes 🍅 & onion 🧅 11.7 oz +potato puffs

🎖✅Feb 2 B: 🍎 L: applesauce
    S: carrots D: Large Greek 🥗 (lettuce tomatoes green-onion red pepper lemon juice) 18 oz+ potato puffs

✅Feb 3 B: 🍎 L 🥕 D 🧅 + peas 12 oz+ lentil veg dish

🎖✅Feb 4 B: 🍎L 🥬 🍅 green onion, red 🫑, 🍋 celery D: 🍎🍎 26.4 oz🎖

✅Feb 5 B: 🍎 L: 🥕 D:🍎 not my best food day, but at least I got these in! 10.2 oz +potato puff

🎖✅ Feb 6 16 oz 🎖B L D

🎖✅ Feb 7 16 oz 🎖 BLD

Yay!! Weekly average 15.5 Goal 15 oz or more

——————————-
    🎖✅Feb 8 18.75 oz 🎖BLD

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

A new start!!!! Got my mind in gear - finally. These veggies were part of what helped me do that. 24.8 oz
    🎖❤️Feb 9 24.8 oz 🎖BLD
    🎖❤️Feb 10 20 oz. 🎖BLD
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @texasgardnr

Thank you! That could be my printer issue. I will Google and see what I find out.

Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 10 = M🌟, W 🌟
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    11 Feb. The arctic winter has begun. It is very subtle with temps dropping into the 20s right now and a HUGE weather storm coming thru which at that temp will be sleet or freezing rain and it WILL stick. Roads to the north of me (where Bandit is dammit) are already icing over and I think my hibernation will be complete today. Hoping the ice is not bad so we don't lose power. It is supposed to get into the single digits by Monday! which it has been a few years and I hope we are not breaking records.

So normally, I eat to TDEE which is fine between some days with longer runs and workouts and a rest day thrown in once in a while. But seeing as how I am probably looking at almost a week of less activity, one thing I have learned from injury is that I need to drop my cals down until things normalize. dangit.

the point was, my oatmeal habit is one of the small cuts I have to make to more painlessly leave some cals in the fridge. So I think because it is weather related that I ought to get credit for thinking about oatmeal even if I did not include it for these days.. LOL.

Oatmeal. period
    Feb 1 = M 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟
    Feb 10 = M 🌟
    Feb 11 - 17 HELL HAS FROZEN OVER
    Feb 18 =

I agree with all of you that posting here or logging my food does keep me accountable. I even dropped my diary cal goal back to 1850 for the duration of the bad weather as well.

SummerpleasereturnsoonImissyoualready
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    11 Feb. The arctic winter has begun. It is very subtle with temps dropping into the 20s right now and a HUGE weather storm coming thru which at that temp will be sleet or freezing rain and it WILL stick. Roads to the north of me (where Bandit is dammit) are already icing over and I think my hibernation will be complete today. Hoping the ice is not bad so we don't lose power. It is supposed to get into the single digits by Monday! which it has been a few years and I hope we are not breaking records.

So normally, I eat to TDEE which is fine between some days with longer runs and workouts and a rest day thrown in once in a while. But seeing as how I am probably looking at almost a week of less activity, one thing I have learned from injury is that I need to drop my cals down until things normalize. dangit.

the point was, my oatmeal habit is one of the small cuts I have to make to more painlessly leave some cals in the fridge. So I think because it is weather related that I ought to get credit for thinking about oatmeal even if I did not include it for these days.. LOL.

Oatmeal. period
    Feb 1 = M 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟
    Feb 10 = M 🌟
    Feb 18 =

I agree with all of you that posting here or logging my food does keep me accountable. I even dropped my diary cal goal back to 1850 for the duration of the bad weather as well.

SummerpleasereturnsoonImissyoualready

Hey @SummerSkier - Such a great reminder that we can always change our I Will’s to best meet out needs! Nothing magical about one month!

Perhaps switch to 1850 cals, since that is what you are doing...? At least for duration of your icy weather
    PS your description made ME cold 8,3❄️🥶☃️
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Based on all of the pretty icons, there are lots of good things going on here. I've been trying to keep up but have been pretty busy. My I Will is going great. Today I wasn't feeling like oatmeal but went ahead and had it anyway. I think eventually this could become a 4-5 day a week habit instead of every day, but not until Feb is over. I'm furiously knitting another stocking hat and have another scarf to block and prepare for Sunday. The other two went out in the mail today. I also am making Valentine's cards on my Cricut and that has a major learning curve for me. It's so much fun, though! This month I'm also working on reducing feelings of anxiety. Instead of trying to think it through and figure out what's bothering me, I simply sit and feel where the anxiety is showing up...in my shoulders? Stomach? Breathing? Then I just let go of that feeling in my body and I feel less stressed in my mind. I'm usually stressed because I know I should be doing something that I'm putting off. I do have time management issues :D

@PKM0515 Printer issues are so frustrating! I agree with Maddie that you can look up your problem online and at least get some ideas on what the issue could be. We had a new router put in by our phone company and my printer didn't work wirelessly. When we started checking it out, I found that I wasn't using the right printer choice so that was an easy fix. Good luck!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Based on all of the pretty icons, there are lots of good things going on here. I've been trying to keep up but have been pretty busy. My I Will is going great. Today I wasn't feeling like oatmeal but went ahead and had it anyway. I think eventually this could become a 4-5 day a week habit instead of every day, but not until Feb is over. I'm furiously knitting another stocking hat and have another scarf to block and prepare for Sunday. The other two went out in the mail today. I also am making Valentine's cards on my Cricut and that has a major learning curve for me. It's so much fun, though! This month I'm also working on reducing feelings of anxiety. Instead of trying to think it through and figure out what's bothering me, I simply sit and feel where the anxiety is showing up...in my shoulders? Stomach? Breathing? Then I just let go of that feeling in my body and I feel less stressed in my mind. I'm usually stressed because I know I should be doing something that I'm putting off. I do have time management issues :D

@PKM0515 Printer issues are so frustrating! I agree with Maddie that you can look up your problem online and at least get some ideas on what the issue could be. We had a new router put in by our phone company and my printer didn't work wirelessly. When we started checking it out, I found that I wasn't using the right printer choice so that was an easy fix. Good luck!

Hey @nebslp! Glad to hear from you, busy lady❣️ Valentine’s are so fun.

So, please remind me, did you get the Cricut Maker?

Side note: I’ve spent about 4 hrs yesterday & today getting refunds/replacement cards for expired gift cards. A task I put off for YEARS & almost tossed the cards a number of times..

My plan is to use any funds I actually receive for a sewing machine for machine embroidery AND robust enough to sew through cardboard/book board AND a Cricut...

What’s scaring me off is the recurring monthly Cricut cost. I need to research again to get the costs & what you get for that!

Also do you have any sewing machines you recommend?!

Maybe after Sunday, you can give me your thoughts please!

Thanks,
    Maddie
    PS love the new method you are using for anxiety/stress! I’ll try it!

• nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I bought a Cricut Explore Air2. I’ve been playing with it a little and reading about it for a few weeks now and learned that a Cricut Maker does more but I’m not sure I need those things. The one thing I’ve run into so far that I might use is the scoring tool. I have a scoring stylus but haven’t tried it out yet so I don’t know the difference. There are other “wheel” cutting tools that would be nice with the Maker. I’ll just learn on the Explore and maybe in a few years if I think I need the Maker I’ll get one and give this to my daughter. The monthly cost is either $7.99 or $8.99. You get 1 free month. I’ll take it for awhile because you get access to 1000s of images and until I learn how to download my own or what I really want I’ll play with this. You can buy inexpensive designs online like on Etsy and other places, so if you only want a few things it would make sense to cancel. You can cancel the “free” access any time. Found money is awesome! Have fun spending it!

I’ve had a Janome sewing machine for sewing regular fabrics about 15 years and it’s been a very good machine. It’s not as heavy duty as my 50 year old Alco though which is all metal. It has decorative stitches but it’s not an embroidery machine. I don’t know much about them so I don’t know if you can do regular sewing with them. But on cardboard/book board?? Maybe? Never tried it on my regular machine.
    Good luck! Can’t wait to hear what you decide.
  • nebslp
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I think I will be thinking about oatmeal and then eating it too to stay warm. Here’s a peek at this weekend...2k79lj2ln3ph.png
  • nebslp
    Options
    Wow that got really big! Sorry😲

I heard about the terrible accident by Fort Worth. Sounds like a good weekend to stay home and stay safe in TX.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 thanks 😊👍 . WoW about your veggies 👏😄. Well done!!

@SummerSkier you are doing well figuring out what is best for your body food wise during the freezing temperatures/ less activity time. Hopefully there is something else that is hot/warm that that you can enjoy instead of the oatmeal. Stay safe and warm. I'm sorry that Bandit is farther away from you.

Paper Tiger 🐯 = file cabinet/ old papers
    🌿🐯🌳 = hidden papers (such as found on book shelves or in drawers/closets)
    📄📬 = new paper and/ or mail
    🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal

February 1: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 2: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 3: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 4: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 5: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 6: 📄📬, 🦋🥣🐯

February 7: 🥣
    February 8: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 9: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 10: 🌿🐯🌳, 📄📬, 🦋🥣

🤠🌺
  • SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely friends - and how well you are tracking on your journeys. It's a pleasure reading all about them. @nebslp all strength to you as you work through those feelings of anxiety and just "let it go"! I can really relate to this kind of a journey, with the journey that I am on this month. It was very tough going for at least a week... I'm doing much better since yesterday and am recognising the difference and trying to nurture that and hold on to that. (Sorry for those of you who don't like sayings of encouragement - here goes anyway):
    xvlx37misxew.png
    I hope that you all have a beautiful and peaceful weekend - nurturing yourselves. <3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I bought a Cricut Explore Air2. I’ve been playing with it a little and reading about it for a few weeks now and learned that a Cricut Maker does more but I’m not sure I need those things. The one thing I’ve run into so far that I might use is the scoring tool. I have a scoring stylus but haven’t tried it out yet so I don’t know the difference. There are other “wheel” cutting tools that would be nice with the Maker. I’ll just learn on the Explore and maybe in a few years if I think I need the Maker I’ll get one and give this to my daughter. The monthly cost is either $7.99 or $8.99. You get 1 free month. I’ll take it for awhile because you get access to 1000s of images and until I learn how to download my own or what I really want I’ll play with this. You can buy inexpensive designs online like on Etsy and other places, so if you only want a few things it would make sense to cancel. You can cancel the “free” access any time. Found money is awesome! Have fun spending it!

I’ve had a Janome sewing machine for sewing regular fabrics about 15 years and it’s been a very good machine. It’s not as heavy duty as my 50 year old Alco though which is all metal. It has decorative stitches but it’s not an embroidery machine. I don’t know much about them so I don’t know if you can do regular sewing with them. But on cardboard/book board?? Maybe? Never tried it on my regular machine.
    Good luck! Can’t wait to hear what you decide.

@nebslp Thank you so much!! Great info & I know you’re busy!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 thanks 😊👍 . WoW about your veggies 👏😄. Well done!!

@SummerSkier you are doing well figuring out what is best for your body food wise during the freezing temperatures/ less activity time. Hopefully there is something else that is hot/warm that that you can enjoy instead of the oatmeal. Stay safe and warm. I'm sorry that Bandit is farther away from you.

Paper Tiger 🐯 = file cabinet/ old papers
    🌿🐯🌳 = hidden papers (such as found on book shelves or in drawers/closets)
    📄📬 = new paper and/ or mail
    🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal

February 1: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 2: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 3: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 4: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 5: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 6: 📄📬, 🦋🥣🐯

February 7: 🥣
    February 8: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 10: 🌿🐯🌳, 📄📬, 🦋🥣

🤠🌺

You are doing great! I agree! I find the 2nd/3rd pass much more fun!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

✅Feb 1

S: carrots D: Large Greek 🥗 (lettuce tomatoes green-onion red pepper lemon juice) 18 oz+ potato puffs

✅Feb 5 B: 🍎 L: 🥕 D:🍎 not my best food day, but at least I got these in! 10.2 oz +potato puff

🎖✅ Feb 6 16 oz 🎖B L D

🎖✅ Feb 7 16 oz 🎖 BLD

——————————-
    🎖✅Feb 8 18.75 oz 🎖BLD

A new start!!!! Got my mind in gear - finally. These veggies were part of what helped me do that.
    🎖❤️Feb 9 24.8 oz 🎖BLD
    🎖❤️Feb 10 20 oz. 🎖BLD
    🎖❤️Feb 11 29 oz. 🎖BLD

I feel so great physically & mentally now!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

✅Feb 1

🎖✅ Feb 6 16 oz 🎖B L D

🎖✅ Feb 7 16 oz 🎖 BLD

——————————-
    🎖✅Feb 8 18.75 oz 🎖BLD
    A new start!!!! Got my mind in gear - finally. These veggies were part of what helped me do that.

Avg calories eaten Feb 2-8 2,390 😳

🎖❤️Feb 9 24.8 oz🎖BLD. 2,025
    🎖❤️Feb 10 20 oz. 🎖BLD. 1,849
    🎖❤️Feb 11 29 oz. 🎖BLD. 1,772
    🎖❤️Feb 12 24 oz. 🎖BLD. 1,805 cals

Day 4: a miracle! And scale is beginning to shift :)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @nebslp I have your weather. Please take it back. My poor trees are suffering awfully and if we get more snow on top of the ice.... :(

Maddie, nice to see the scale trending your way. You have done well with recognizing that things were going wrong and taking action before it was a huge problem. I think your range is VERY small but I also understand that you may want to continue trending down. I have to laugh because when I am running per normal I actually probably eat more than you and I am under 5'2 and normally between 100 and 105.

Oatmeal. period
    Feb 1 = M 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟
    Feb 10 = M 🌟
    Feb 12 = M 🌟
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 10 = M🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 11 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 12 = M 🙄, W 🙄
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    today is a new day @PKM0515 I like to put comments on my screwed up days because that way I learn from them. of course knowing hell has frozen over here doesn't make it any better. ;)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @SummerSkier

I hope you're okay and don't lose power. I liked your February 11 "entry"! 😁

@nebslp

Do you have an Etsy shop? I see so many beautiful creations on Etsy!

I love that you're working on reducing feelings of anxiety. Also, I can totally relate to the reason you stated.

Thanks to all who offered printer suggestions. I did Google the issue again. I even dug out my old laptop and tried to set it up on there, thinking maybe there was a compatibility issue with Windows 10. However, it seems like this is a problem with the printer I have. Lots of people were complaining about it.

I ended up going to two Staples, planning to get a new printer. A worker at one place told me the one I had was not a good printer (it's an older-but-not-much-used HP Envy). A worker at the second Staples told me (and seemed knowledgeable about it) that the print heads got clogged from lack of use. (I did try cleaning the print heads when I was attempting to "fix" it, but that didn't work.) He said once they get clogged or dried up, you can't really do anything about it. I hope I'm "remembering" this correctly; I don't want to mis-state anything. Now I can't decide which printer to get. 😕

@SuperMotivated56

I love your February goal and can definitely empathize.

I'm going to share a link in hopes it might help some of you a bit:

https://mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/resilience-training/in-depth/resilience/art-20046311?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=managing-depressionllu

It's a Mayo Clinic article about how to become more resilient.

I hope that everyone has a lovely weekend! 💕
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟, W 🌟