This February “I Will” ... Newcomers Start Here

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @nebslp I have your weather. Please take it back. My poor trees are suffering awfully and if we get more snow on top of the ice.... :(

Maddie, nice to see the scale trending your way. You have done well with recognizing that things were going wrong and taking action before it was a huge problem. I think your range is VERY small but I also understand that you may want to continue trending down. I have to laugh because when I am running per normal I actually probably eat more than you and I am under 5'2 and normally between 100 and 105.

Oatmeal. period
    Feb 1 = M 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟
    Feb 10 = M 🌟
    Feb 11 - 17 HELL HAS FROZEN OVER
    Feb 12 = M 🌟

A little compassion? My 20-30 year old damaged ankle & hip bursitis sadly keep me from running & my “very flexible” back rules out dancing. So I put in hours walking, making the best of it.

Those calorie counts are when I’m dieting as I am now.

I average’d 2,221 calories a day in 2020 & I was twice (?) as obese/overweight than you ever were with a lifetime of dieting which likely didn’t help my muscle mass.

I manage my appetite & a bevy of macros & micros daily per my doctors & I keep my spirits high.

My range is small on purpose.

I’d love your support, but not to be laughed at or critiqued. It just makes it harder on me.

I work hard to keep this “miracle” in place, working within several frustrating constraints.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

I am checking in to say hello. While I have not posted this month, I did want to say that I am here in spirit. I feel like I say this all the time but this group inspires me greatly. I had been reading Tiny Habits and had also watched a couple of videos by James Clear. I discussed some of what I had learned with my adult sons who live substantial distances from me and each other and before I knew it, my older son initiated a book discussion group based on Atomic Habits. I have been reading the book and have been really giving a lot of in depth thought to my habits, positive and negative. My focus right now is to continue with the reading, ongoing discussion with my sons and really looking at my own life.

I will say that after reading the posts here, I too am inclined to add oats to my diet…

And @summerskier
    I just want to say how much I enjoy your photos. I know this photo is from the UAC group, but the photo of the flowers frozen in ice was just stunning. Thank you for all the photos that you share.

Waving hello to all!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Sometimes it's better to "sit" on things for a while and respond after a bit...

p0w745fqlcyg.png
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Great goal @SuperMotivated56 , that’s something that I have to work on all the time. Frankly, my husband is Mr Negativity. My gratitude, finding something beautiful everyday, and meditation habits are all things I do to fight the negativity. I’ve also unfollowed friends on social media who post too much negativity because I just don’t need it.

First week of February done, and I decluttered some Monday-Saturday. I must tell you that I really, really didn’t want to declutter, but I was kind of out of excuses. 🤣

I’m pushing my carbs down to below 100g daily. I’ve also incorporated my meditation into my evening routine. Even though I only did strength training twice last week, both were tough intense, so I’m calling that a win.

nhad9hruxqft.jpeg

I love this tracker!! I agree it is important to look for the positive. Sometimes when you are in a negative frame of mind even the most innocent of comments looks like it is negative and just the opposite when you are in a positive mindset.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    I think I will be thinking about oatmeal and then eating it too to stay warm. Here’s a peek at this weekend...2k79lj2ln3ph.png

I deserves to be big. I think your weather is here in Tx, I an literally dreading the next few days and worried about Bandit coping with this front. He has an on site barn owner of course but it is not the same as being there to check on him and spoil him.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Hello lovely friends - and how well you are tracking on your journeys. It's a pleasure reading all about them. @nebslp all strength to you as you work through those feelings of anxiety and just "let it go"! I can really relate to this kind of a journey, with the journey that I am on this month. It was very tough going for at least a week... I'm doing much better since yesterday and am recognising the difference and trying to nurture that and hold on to that. (Sorry for those of you who don't like sayings of encouragement - here goes anyway):
    xvlx37misxew.png
    I hope that you all have a beautiful and peaceful weekend - nurturing yourselves. <3

what a beautiful quote! Thank you for sharing.
  • SummerSkier
    Options

✅Feb 1
    B:🍎 L: unsweetened applesauce
    S: radishes D: cherry tomatoes 🍅 & onion 🧅 11.7 oz +potato puffs

🎖✅Feb 2 B: 🍎 L: applesauce
    S: carrots D: Large Greek 🥗 (lettuce tomatoes green-onion red pepper lemon juice) 18 oz+ potato puffs

✅Feb 3 B: 🍎 L 🥕 D 🧅 + peas 12 oz+ lentil veg dish

🎖✅Feb 4 B: 🍎L 🥬 🍅 green onion, red 🫑, 🍋 celery D: 🍎🍎 26.4 oz🎖

✅Feb 5 B: 🍎 L: 🥕 D:🍎 not my best food day, but at least I got these in! 10.2 oz +potato puff

🎖✅ Feb 6 16 oz 🎖B L D

🎖✅ Feb 7 16 oz 🎖 BLD

Yay!! Weekly average 15.5 Goal 15 oz or more

——————————-
    🎖✅Feb 8 18.75 oz 🎖BLD
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    A new start!!!! Got my mind in gear - finally. These veggies were part of what helped me do that.

Avg calories eaten Feb 2-8 2,390 😳

🎖❤️Feb 9 24.8 oz🎖BLD. 2,025
    🎖❤️Feb 10 20 oz. 🎖BLD. 1,849
    🎖❤️Feb 11 29 oz. 🎖BLD. 1,772
    🎖❤️Feb 12 24 oz. 🎖BLD. 1,805 cals

Day 4: a miracle! And scale is beginning to shift :)

Wonderful news that what you are doing is working and the scale is shifting.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    I am checking in to say hello. While I have not posted this month, I did want to say that I am here in spirit. I feel like I say this all the time but this group inspires me greatly. I had been reading Tiny Habits and had also watched a couple of videos by James Clear. I discussed some of what I had learned with my adult sons who live substantial distances from me and each other and before I knew it, my older son initiated a book discussion group based on Atomic Habits. I have been reading the book and have been really giving a lot of in depth thought to my habits, positive and negative. My focus right now is to continue with the reading, ongoing discussion with my sons and really looking at my own life.

I will say that after reading the posts here, I too am inclined to add oats to my diet…

And @summerskier
    I just want to say how much I enjoy your photos. I know this photo is from the UAC group, but the photo of the flowers frozen in ice was just stunning. Thank you for all the photos that you share.

Waving hello to all!

Hello back and thank you. I enjoy taking the photos and actually filing them correctly has been one of my tiny habits over the past months!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 10 = M🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 11 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 12 = M 😒, W 😒
    Feb 13 = M 🌟, W 🌟

Back at it I see. I actually DID do oatmeal one morning also because well. cold.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 thanks 😊👍 . WoW about your veggies 👏😄. Well done!!

@SummerSkier you are doing well figuring out what is best for your body food wise during the freezing temperatures/ less activity time. Hopefully there is something else that is hot/warm that that you can enjoy instead of the oatmeal. Stay safe and warm. I'm sorry that Bandit is farther away from you.

Paper Tiger 🐯 = file cabinet/ old papers
    🌿🐯🌳 = hidden papers (such as found on book shelves or in drawers/closets)
    📄📬 = new paper and/ or mail
    🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal

February 1: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 2: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 3: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 4: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 5: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 6: 📄📬, 🦋🥣🐯

February 7: 🥣
    February 8: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 9: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 10: 🌿🐯🌳, 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 9: 📄📬, 🦋🥣

🤠🌺

I love how colorful your post is! I am thinking maybe I might need to copy / paste some of the icons for next month's postings. Look at Feb 10! WOW. that was a great day.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier

I hope Bandit is okay in this weather. I would want to be with him too.

And guess who had oatmeal this morning? ;)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @PKM0515 I am just going to try to focus on this beautiful flower which is blooming right now and try not to think about the ice fog currently coating everything. more. again. more.

64p7egbkrj1s.png
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @PKM0515 I am just going to try to focus on this beautiful flower which is blooming right now and try not to think about the ice fog currently coating everything. more. again. more.

64p7egbkrj1s.png

Such a beautiful amaryllis!
  • PKM0515
    edited February 2021
    Options
    A new week, a fresh start! Have a lovely day! <3

Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 10 = M🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 11 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 12 = M 😒, W 😒
    Feb 13 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 14 = M 🌟, W 🌟
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,773 Member
    Options
    Hi all, you all have been doing great!

@nebslp I sympathize with the printer issues! I swear those HP printers have a kill switch! We’ve suffered from stocking up on printer cartridges which expire and absolutely will not work after the expiration date - the computer knows. Our last one just sent us an error code, and was done! 🤬
    So we switched to a laser printer. It was more expensive, but we are familiar with using toner rather than inkjet. It is black and white, but I’m the only one who uses color much, and my daughter has offered to print anything we need in color.

@SuperMotivated56 I’m cheering you on as you fight the dementors (Harry Potter reference), humor also helps. I make fun ( in my head) of the stupidity of the negative people.

Here is my tracker through week 2 of February. I missed a few days of decluttering, but I’m pretty excited at what I’ve already accomplished.

7ovmnj2ohmgd.jpeg
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @77tes

It's so funny you mentioned that about the printer! I actually went out Sunday and purchased a small, black and white, HP LaserJet printer.

How is everybody doing with their February goals?

For some reason, I'm getting an error message trying to post my "star chart" so for
    February 15:

Medicine - Yay!
    Water - I can't remember!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    so today’s chores and included getting everything out of the freezer and putting it out on the front walk in open coolers and shoveling snow in on top of it. Currently it’s a balmy 21° out. Might get over freezing tomorrow. Haven’t had power for a day and a half. House is in the 40s mostly. But the good news is my range works since it is gas and I have actually cooked oatmeal on it cooked soup on it and use the burners to boil water to to put in the rest of the house. So one of these will be an oatmeal day at least.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier SO glad to hear from you after reading your message on the feed yesterday. I was worried about you. 40’s is even worse than 50 🥶! It’s good you can still cook. When we don’t have power I don’t know how many times I think “well I know I can’t use the stove...but I could make microwave popcorn “🙄 Not! Sometimes warming up in the car for awhile is an option. We just hit 0 from our morning -18 and it’s all downhill from here. We’ve been warned they might do a rolling blackout for 2 days now but so far so good. I hope Bandit is holding up well. Keep us posted!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,773 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness @SummerSkier and @nebslp! That weather 🥶 yikes! I won’t complain about the weather here for at least a week.

@PKM0515 sorry that I mixed up your printer story. 😜 I hope you love the new printer. We are pretty happy with our.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @77tes

No problem! It's hard to keep up with the activity in this thread, which is a good thing.

Another good day yesterday as far as medicine-taking and water-drinking.

@SummerSkier

I hope you haven't turned into an icicle!