2021 DECLUTTERFEST

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Lots of little unplanned maintenance tasks completed about the house to keep the clutter at bay this week.
    • bathroom counters
    • Writing desk/gel pens/Sharpies
    • Plastic food storage
    • Fridge
    • Kitchen counters
    • Hair ornaments
    • Recycle bins
    • Replaced spent lettuces
    • Dead-headed summer planters
    • Kept laundry up to date
    • Put away winter shoes
    • Clear lounge before bedtime

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    Terrific Terri!! @TerriRichardson112 !

My friend is tackling her house - inspired by my transformation- which makes me feel great to see her so energized and happy as she clears bags & bags.

I had decided I didn’t want to do any of the remaining categories, but after a call with her today, I went in & said “ok certainly you can do 10 minutes. Spent 30. LoL

So I’m going to do 10 minutes a day of the “I don’t want to’s”

July 13✅
    July 14
    July 15
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    15 minute De-clutter - July

14. fridge/kitchen counters; crochet projects; sewing table
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 The “I don’t want to’s” are the worst. We should probably start with those and the rest would be cake!

Not declutter related but…Still on the road 🚘. I took my pills all but 2 days. That’s a win in my book! I usually lose focus when my routine is out of whack. 1/2 way through July already😲
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp
    Well they are all sentimental & I think Marie Kondo pegged me correctly. By practicing keeping only what I love; I m
    Now in Much better place to pitch.

It’s just stuff!

July 13✅30 mins
    July 14✅31
    July 15✅32
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - They are almost all “I don’t want to dos...” 😂

15 July
    • Living room
    16 July
    •.Summer wardrobe
    • decontamination bin
    • sewing notions
    • financial files
    • clothes hangers
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - They are almost all “I don’t want to dos...” 😂

15 July
    • Living room
    16 July
    •.Summer wardrobe
    • decontamination bin
    • sewing notions
    • financial files
    • clothes hangers

OK, @TerriRichardson112 😂🤣😂
    I’ll call them my Remaining I Don’t Wanna’s or my I REALLY Don’t Wanna’s

Hahaha

PS I found sewing notions fun :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2021
    Options
    🤣😂🤣
    r66k0z6svpdw.jpeg
  • nebslp
    Options
    It’s time for a makeover in my upstairs rooms. I started with decluttering my books. Today I got out every book that was in the main room and the piles covered the couch and chair, and there was a big pile on the floor as well🤪 I sorted by category…travel, birds and nature, kids’ books to keep, kids’ to give away, books to read and then decide what to do with them. I had already started reading those daily a couple of years ago (about 10-20 pages per day) and can get through about 1 per month. Those will go back in the drawer until I’ve read them and made a decision. That will take some time! But they’re slowly going out of my house one at a time.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited July 2021
    Options
    🤣😂🤣
    r66k0z6svpdw.jpeg

Hahahaa You are too much!! 🤣🤣🤣
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    It’s time for a makeover in my upstairs rooms. I started with decluttering my books. Today I got out every book that was in the main room and the piles covered the couch and chair, and there was a big pile on the floor as well🤪 I sorted by category…travel, birds and nature, kids’ books to keep, kids’ to give away, books to read and then decide what to do with them. I had already started reading those daily a couple of years ago (about 10-20 pages per day) and can get through about 1 per month. Those will go back in the drawer until I’ve read them and made a decision. That will take some time! But they’re slowly going out of my house one at a time.

Oh Bravo @nebslp !!
    I remember when you were reading those books!! It sounds like a lot of progress!
    🌸
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I desperately need to do this! My house is always under construction as buying a fixer upper feels like. So it’s easy for me to let it go to *kitten* in the areas I’m unhappy with. I need to just be happy with what I have right now. And my husband *fingers crossed* will get to the house as soon as he has some down time!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited July 2021
    Options

Goal: 10 mins or more, no “roll-overs”
    July 13✅30 mins
    July 14✅31
    July 15✅32
    July 16 ✅40
    July 17 ✅15
    July 18 22 mins✅
    July 19 10 mins✅
    Week One: 7/7 180 mins wow 3 hours!!

July 20 ✅ 59 minutes
    I had fun so I went much longer - reliving memories teaching 2000 or so!! Maybe it was good I cut myself off at 10 minutes yesterday
    !!
    7/21 ✅ 90 minutes (broke the back of this current job) one more small box to go.. then will do a final pass of all that I have kept, winnowing out more…then will mail the envelopes of school work to the former students who wanted them!!!
    Yay!

7/22
    7/23
    7/24
    7/25
    7/26
    Week Two:

• nebslp
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Those minutes add up faster than you think! Good job!
    @ama3387 welcome! Have you decided which area you want to start with?
    @TerriRichardson112 it looks like you have quite a list! How’s it going?

There’s a central room on our second level that I’ve been working on since Saturday. I broke it down into projects.
    1) Books ✅ for the most part. I have a bag to take to the library or Good Will, another one for gkids to go through, and a few odds and ends still waiting for me to decide on their fate. I ran out of room for them🙄 I need to read faster so I can discard some more. Or stop accepting books from friends that I read and return. Or stop ordering more from Amazon🙀😹
    2) All other things made out of paper✅
    3) Tomorrow…Boxes and containers that just need to go somewhere else…maybe the basement? Or out the door?

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options

~ 💕 ~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~ 💕 ~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~Waving Hi~ Wishing Everyone the Best And Success on Decluttering Adventures~

I have 2 Areas that I really want to DECLUTTER.... "My Craft room And my Storage area"... both are mainly crafting supplies....
    I have wanted to get them done for a couple of years now.... SO... I figure this is a great time to start...
    Thanks to the Suggestions from some Group members... I think I have come up with a realistic Plan for Success

My Plan is to Pick a SMALL section for each week... I figure that Way I wont be overwhelmed ... And I will feel Successful
    one section at a time... I should be done By this time Next Year ... LOL ... At least I hope so

• DebyS137
    Options

4kieyzice6mq.gif~~ Waving Hi ~~ UPDATE .... July 23, 2021

Starting TODAY...... I WILL ....Do up to an hour of Decluttering/sorting/organizing Mon. Wed. Fri.
    on Tues. and Thurs I WILL spend time crafting .......... (WEEKENDS are Free time for Hubby and me)

I have smaller areas I would love to Declutter/Sort/Organize.... I gave it some thought and decided to start with these while still in the warmer days...
    Then When Autumn comes and I am in doors mostly... that will be the best time to work on my Craft And Storage area... It will definitely keep me busy.

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ]So I’m going to do 10 minutes a day of the “I don’t want to’s”

Goal: 10 mins or more, no “roll-overs”
    July 13✅30 mins
    July 14✅31
    July 15✅32
    July 16 ✅40
    July 17 ✅15
    July 18 22 mins✅
    July 19 10 mins✅
    Week One: 7/7 180 mins wow 3 hours!!

July 20 ✅ 59 minutes
    I had fun so I went much longer - reliving memories teaching 2000 or so!! Maybe it was good I cut myself off at 10 minutes yesterday
    !!
    7/21 ✅ 90 minutes (broke the back of this current job) one more small box to go.. then will do a final pass of all that I have kept, winnowing out more…then will mail the envelopes of school work to the former students who wanted them!!!
    Yay!

7/22 10
    7/23 90 minutes
    7/24
    7/25
    7/26
    Week Two:

Taking the rest of Week 2 off!
  • DebyS137
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ Waving Hi ~

Wed. July 21 ....... 45 min .... 3 Drawers in bedroom...............................✔️
    Fri... July 23 ....... 45 min ..... 3 Drawers in bedroom the other half .......✔️

~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

“Taking the rest of Week 2 off!”
    I didn’t 😂🤣😂 I want to get this job DONE!

Week 1 3/13-19 3 hours
    Week 2 3/20-26. 5hr 40 mins
    Week 3
    7/27
    7/28
    7/29
    7/30
    7/31
    8/1
    8/2

It’s taking vastly longer than I anticipated, but I’m definitely recycling tons.

I’m going to keep pitching papers/photos/videos until it takes up far less space. Two boxes..maximum 3!

Had a good 💡 idea
    I’m going to repurpose my old class photo albums for my art, and just keep the special pages.

Pondering whether to scan /photograph much of this. That would be a job, but might make sense!! Pondering.
  • nebslp
    Options
    On July 21 I wrote "There’s a central room on our second level that I’ve been working on since Saturday. I broke it down into projects.
    1) Books ✅ for the most part. I have a bag to take to the library or Good Will, another one for gkids to go through, and a few odds and ends still waiting for me to decide on their fate. I ran out of room for them🙄 I need to read faster so I can discard some more. Or stop accepting books from friends that I read and return. Or stop ordering more from Amazon🙀😹
    2) All other things made out of paper✅
    3) Tomorrow…Boxes and containers that just need to go somewhere else…maybe the basement? Or out the door?"

4. Boxes moved or consolidated but still need to find a new home...probably the basement for now (lol and eye roll).
    5. Cleaned off the desk, set up my cricut space, set up the TV, and just general clearing things out. Took down 2 boxes of prescription bottles that I will recycle.
    6. Today...I have 2 old computers that need to go but the old HP has pictures from the old days (2008-2013) and documents the gkids wrote when playing school. Should be simple to transfer the pics to a flashdrive, right? That's what the lady told me at Staples when I asked if they did that because my other relic from the last century may not even have a port (I haven't looked yet) but I'm a bit nervous to try to hook that one up to the monitor. They do it for $70, so it's another project added to my list. Come to find out, the HP does have one USP port that I could put a flashdrive in...IF I didn't need to use it to plug in my mouse. So I thought I'd put the pics on CDs or DVDs. Nope, that wasn't working out well either. So change of plans, I checked out all of the old CDs and DVDs of pictures. 8 out of 22 worked, but I have 12 that I need to view and transfer to a flashdrive on a different computer. My new one doesn't have a CD player so the saga goes on and on and .... I'm going for a walk :p