Shrinking Assets - February 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,070 Member
75c5tr3bdy9d.png

Here is your Team chat room for February 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Username Mrscanmore
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):187.5
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    1uw1l5bkbsdm.png

Fat2Fit's Habit Tracker –February Habit Tracker

Everyone on any F2F team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts Sunday, January 31st. Click the link and follow the easy steps to set up your tracker. :)
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Aetheldreda
    Sunday
    PW 144.5
    CW 145

Ugh...sodium spike 🙄
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    1uw1l5bkbsdm.png

Fat2Fit's Habit Tracker –February Habit Tracker

Everyone on any F2F team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts Sunday, January 31st. Click the link and follow the easy steps to set up your tracker. :)

Yeah!!!!💥💥💥💥, this is really helping- who's going to join me for Fit February???
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    The last few miles today were hard! With a capital H, capital A, capital R and capital D... then put it in bold... then make it flash.
    ip0n462f4jr8.jpg
    There was a thought that said if you are going to run 20 miles why not 26. Well erm... heck NO! This was quite enough and I really need to firm up my fuelling as it just isn't working right now.

No specific target for Feb, just try and keep to the plan.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

8b0e185t0eze.png

hj0r11a85f71.png
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Recovery week in the plan this week so not much during the week

Wk 4 (24/01-30/01):
    Steps - 86,192
    Steps total miles - 47.90
    Jalk miles - 3.48
    Run miles - 13.17
    Cycle miles - 0.00
    Adjusted exercise miles - 19.94

Cumulative 2021 :
    Steps - 442,774
    Steps total miles - 253.00
    Jalk miles - 17.17
    Run miles - 140.34
    Cycle miles - 38.42
    Adjusted exercise miles - 205.4
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    SW : 270.0
    1st Jan 2021 : 222.2
    GW : 199 (initially) now 188

Date.........Weight... loss .... Cumulative loss
    03/01/21 - 220.2 ... (2.0) ... (49.8)
    10/01/21 - 214.2 ... (6.0) ... (55.8)
    17/01/21 - 210.0 ... (4.2) ... (60.0)
    24/01/21 - 207.6 ... (2.4) ... (62.4)
    31/01/21 - 206.9 ... (0.7) ... (63.1)

Not a great week though still in the direction I wan't to go.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the February Week 1 Challenge! Be the groundhog. Look at the shadow...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823211/february-week-1-challenge-the-shadow/p1?new=1
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is Julie, aka@Boehle.

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting nanny to my sweet grandson.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 70 lbs from my highest...

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 172
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

February Goals:
    Just a copy and paste from January....
    - 165 lbs
    - Reduce my binging
    - Reduce intake of sugary foods
    - focus on consistency of steps.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    2gkztbsm5g0q.jpg
    jzl7ggv70taj.png
    j60ba704vovp.png
    in9zkrvzwhih.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    rce9ibjy33ki.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    fqamaltapylp.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @callsitlikeiseeit 3.60 %
    2nd @digger61 2.34%
    3rd @CurvyCalorie 2.25 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @callsitlikeiseeit 7.8 Lbs
    2nd @digger61 5.0 Lbs
    3rd @littleflutterby 4.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @mulecanter
    @apple852hk
    @lckiehl
    @Tazaria87
    @mxlaw90
    @msalicia07
    @imgwendolyn2015
    @trooworld

r2bs5eaa6zqf.png

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    We are doing a health challenge at work. I've given up sugary snacks for the next two weeks. That is definitely my weakness. And once I start, I can't stop!
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Happy February everyone.
    Typically, yesterday's weigh in included a sodium spike which has now disappeared. Sorry team. I do hope that next Sunday's weigh in will be much better.

Wishing you all a great start to the month 🎉😀
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I will allow myself Built Bars which IMO are the best tasting protein bars ever.

We have misfits protein bars (might be UK thing) as a very acceptable replacement for actual chocolate bars.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The mint Clif bars mmmmmmmm
  • tiataleah
    tiataleah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tiataleah
    Monday
    PW 208.6
    CW 209.8

Ugh...this is frustrating but hopefully it's just muscle gain or too much sodium.
This discussion has been closed.