Im new to Keto

Options
Hello new friends!
My name is Marleny and I’m so excited to have found this group. I’ve been struggling with my weight for suuuch a long time. I’ve seen so many success stories with following a Keto diet that I’ve decided to commit and adapt this life style. I’m currently 270lbs and my body is starting to give up on me. My knees, and ankles hurt soooo much by mid morning. My energy level is down to ZERO from the moment I get out of bed. I’m a teacher and work with kids all day. I looooove working with the little ones but it’s starting to become a challenge to keep up with them because of my weight. I REALLY want to succeed with KETO. I’m going to give it my all, I just really need support. I look forward to this new journey with you guys!

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @MarlenyBeltre . You might want to join this monthly challenge thread for some more personal support. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823036/february-2021-monthly-challenge/p1
  • w1ndyk
    w1ndyk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • StevieBeee90
    StevieBeee90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • thebettybadazz
    thebettybadazz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am new too. I wish you well on your WL journey.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Marleny and welcome! I do a lower fat version of Keto and love it. One of the things I love the most is the energy I feel after being on it for a while. I have 4 kids, work part time outside the home, work part time with freelance work at home, and have my kids home right now "homeschooling" during this time. My husband is gone a lot for work. I am often stretched thin and tired and one of the motivating factors for me going back to Keto is the energy I know I have while on it! I hope you find the same thing. Also, my feet ache horribly from carrying extra weight. I know that will go away once I shed the extra lbs. I wish you well!
  • pamcnulty
    pamcnulty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey @MarlenyBeltre me too! I've yo-yo'd for years, I'm 55 6'1'' 260ish so obese. Had my annual physical this week. My doctor, she rocks, talked to me about my keto and offered suggestions to helping me get right in a non-judgmental way. She suggested a book Case for Keto by Gary Taubs which I found enlightening. As someone who read Suger Busters, dabbled with the Atkins diet for a spell and paid attention to the mainstream media...the "right" answer is confusing and elusive. Until I learn differently, the right answer is works for YOU! Let's do this...I don't know you but I know you would not be here unless you knew you GOT this!
  • KetoRoseN
    KetoRoseN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    . Hello Marleny. I just joined and have been doing Keto for a little more than a year. I lost 70 lbs but gained 40 back because I have to have that one little piece of bread that would last a month. I have finally got it that this needs to be a lifestyle. So I am back on the 🐎. Friend me if you like.