surgery pals

Options
Hey there,

I'm a returning MFPer, and I've started the pre-pre-op process for bariatric surgery. I'm having trouble deciding if I do want surgery, and if so which one. How did you decide? For the folks who chose RNY, do you have side effects that make you wish you picked VSG? For VSG folks, do you wish you picked RNY for more help with weight loss/long-term results?

I'm looking for friends here who have had the surgery and had success, had failure and what they think went wrong. Complications of surgery...pretty much any outcome. I want to hear it all. Feel free to add me, too.

Replies

• NevrGiveUp40
    NevrGiveUp40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I got sleeved on Friday and I chose that method because it was dr recommended and less invasive. It's a personal choice so weigh your options.

Good luck!
  • amyabsolutely
    amyabsolutely Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve because that’s what the surgeon recommended. I’m really happy with the surgery so far. I’m coming up on 8 months post op, but including a 60 pound loss before surgery, I’m down 149 pounds today, with maybe 10-15 left till goal. No info on maintenance yet, but I haven’t really had any problems at all. Best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Good luck with whichever you choose!
  • medicdawg
    medicdawg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got sleeved on 2/1/21 and as of yesterday, I'm down 58 pounds. Started at 370 and I want to be around 220. I chose the sleeve because it is less restrictive and I didn't want to risk dumping syndrome that I heard so much about.
  • MrsOle_1101
    MrsOle_1101 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just got sleeved 9/24/21. I’m still in the liquid phase and feeling like the end is never near! This so far is the hardest part for me.

Looking for friends/support!