New Kid on the Block

Hi! I'm getting my lifestyle reset going. I found this group through a search and so hoped it was active. I'm very happy to see it is!!! I'm 65 married and retired, with a grown son, grandchildren ages 32-11 and three great grands 11-2. I live in Western Michigan right now and have a bad case of cabin fever going. More so than normal with Covid-19 limiting my social life. Long before Covid, I let things get out of hand and need to focus on a healthier lifestyle. I struggle with exercise...no...I struggle with just being active in any form. As far as "dieting" goes, I'm fine for a couple of months and then I just lose motivation. I have to change the way I do things before the time comes that I can't. I'm looking forward to being a part of your group.

Replies

• sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Welcome to the group! Happy you are here!
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Welcome! I also have a history of backsliding, but have enjoyed logging my meals on MFP. It has helped me stay on track.

Spring is on the way, so hang in there!

Carol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,954 Member
    Welcome, from a fellow MFP-er over in the MI palm (greater Lansing area)! I've been hanging around here for a few years, lost weight in 2015, now maintaining.

What works for weight loss or fitness improvement is going to be pretty individualized, but I think it helps to set up a process that's more gradual but more sustainable. That motivation to go pedal to the medal can wax and wane. I think it helped me to think of weight loss in terms of eating and activity habits I could establish and happily stick with permanently, to stay at a healthy weight, the only difference being the moderate calorie deficit.

Wishing you great success!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,432 Member
    Hi and welcome 👋
  • TaosLiz
    TaosLiz Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome salvagedlife! I am also new to MFP and this group and I too am excited about the journey ahead and the changes to my health and fitness. I am taking it slow and only focusing on my food intake and logging and then I will begin adding my physical activity on March 1st. I have already lost 5 pounds just from logging in every day and gaining an understanding about the balance of calories, carbohydrates, fats, sugars, and sodium, etc.
    I wish you much success!
  • salvagedlife
    salvagedlife Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, inspiration and tips & tricks!