WEEK ONE “I Will” March 1 - March 7, 2021 🌼🌸

Options
MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
edited March 2021 in Social Groups
Hi Everyone!
Happy March!

We, co-leaders, have been thinking, and we’d like to try something new in March, Springtime, a time of new beginnings! 🌸🌼🌺

Rather than setting an “I Will” for the month, we’re thinking of a Weekly “I Will.”

At the end of the week, you can assess how it went. Then keep the same plan or modify your plan & commit to whichever you decide for the next 7 days.

Why?
* Sometimes, we get further into the month, and we get a little bored or our enthusiasm flags.
* Sometimes we realize there is something more important that we need to focus upon.
* Sometimes, we’ve mastered the new habit in the first week or two!

Let’s give it a try!!
🌸Maddie & 🌼Denise
@MadisonMolly2017 & @themedalist

Newcomers! Welcome! We are glad you are here!

🌸 For information on achieving your goals through tiny habit changes, please Google “BF Fogg.” He has some very short talks < 3 minutes and longer interviews.

🌼The bottom line, habits trump motivation. Tiny habits give us confidence in our ability to be successful in changing our behavior, which leads to more tiny habits, which then leads to success.

🌺The book Atomic Habits by James Clear has been helpful for many members. He also has a free (short) email he sends out every Thursday that ALWAYS has something I find very wise/insightful!

g8ezzhx1s48j.jpeg

🌼 It's a brand new month! What's your favorite part of MARCH?

What healthy habit would you like to work on this WEEK? Is it something new or a continuation of your February focus? Whatever it is, let's dive in and make it happen!

🌸 If you are new to our group, welcome! Please let us know what you will be working on and how we can help! Just a suggestion: set a reminder to check-in periodically with us. Check-in daily, weekly, or as often as works for you, but let us know how you are progressing! We're here to support and encourage you, but if you don't post, we can't cheer you on!

🌼 You might frame your goal along these lines:

1. My goal for this month (This WEEK, I will..."
2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.) An arm pump, saying “you did it! To yourself, stickers, hugging yourself...
6. What help would you like from us?
7. What does success look like to you at the end of this WEEK?

Optional:

Short form for tiny habits:
AFTER I ________________________
I WILL __________________________

Examples:
After I brush my teeth, I will floss one tooth.

After I drink my afternoon coffee, I will put on my walking shoes.

After I put away my breakfast dishes, I will prep 3 servings of vegetables for the day.

After I clean up after dinner, I will plan tomorrow’s dinner & move necessary items from freezer to refrigerator.

After I weigh myself in the morning, I will drink 2 cups of refreshing, cool water.

After I start my coffee brewing, I will stand on each leg for 30 seconds.

You get the idea!

🌺What can I do today (and this week) that will make my Future Self proud?

c5x4r45kgkt6.png

Source:
https://hh-hm.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Weekly-Habit-Tracker-HHHM.pdf

TRACKERS can HELP establish your new habits. Some of us do these on paper (even coloring them as an additional reward), and some use fun emoticons 🎉❤️🍎 in their posts to track.

Here’s a site with a bunch of paper trackers.
https://thepetiteplanner.com/21-free-printable-habit-trackers/

There also seem to be quite a few free apps for phones that will help you track your habits.

Of course, you don’t need to use any tracking system.

😃😃

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I am excited to see how this new approach goes! As Maddie said, if your Week 1 focus is working out well for you, that’s great! Roll it over and repeat it in Week 2! But if it’s not working out so well, let it go and try something else in that second week. We can’t force ourselves to do something and keep doing it over the long term. If it’s not a good fit for us and we insist on doing it, we’re going to have to marshal our willpower and motivation, and both of those are variable, easily depleted, and not something we can build a habit around.

We talk a lot about the importance of starting out small with easily doable steps in building our habits. Let’s do the same thing with time and shorten the time steps. A month is an awfully long time to keep at some thing that isn’t a good fit for us. I am excited to see where this goes! Thanks for the idea, @MadisonMolly2017!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I’m still thinking about what I want to focus on in this first week. But Maddie also asked what our favorite part of March is, and that’s easy for me. Living in a cold climate state, I love how March marches all over winter and gives it the heave ho!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Favorite part of March...
    All the bright Spring Green grasses on the hills and buds on the trees...baby leaves & plum blossoms!! 🌸🌸🌸
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,906 Member
    Options
    Hmm, interesting plan for March! And I have a new habit tracker book which my daughter gave me for Galentine’s Day. ☺️ I’ve been using the same tracker since last April, so I’m excited to try something a bit different.

My favorite things about March are my husband’s birthday and the bright green grass on the hillsides. I’m missing those hillsides since I never get out of my neighborhood. Maybe I’ll take a detour home from the park on Tuesday to check out the hills. But there are lots of flowers and trees blooming around my house. 💐 🌺 🌸

• supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I will for Week 1 earn 4,000 points on the FITIV Pulse elliptical group so I can hit the monthly milestone “Hall of Fame” which you earn at 16,000 points in a month. This past Month I was less than 400 points away😞
  • Chubby_Shawty
    Chubby_Shawty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to the app and this group. Hopeful that this the tool I need to control my weight and make steps towards being healthy again. I joined 18 days ago, and so far I’ve gone from 165.4 to 164.6. So......

This week I WILL hit the 1 lb. lost mark.

AFTER I get up every morning I WILL drink 12 oz. of lemon water.

😁
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hello, I am new to the app and this group. Hopeful that this the tool I need to control my weight and make steps towards being healthy again. I joined 18 days ago, and so far I’ve gone from 165.4 to 164.6. So......

This week I WILL hit the 1 lb. lost mark.

AFTER I get up every morning I WILL drink 12 oz. of lemon water.

😁

Welcome @Chubby_Shawty !
    Sounds like a solid plan!! 💦

Do let us know if you have any questions!

Best,
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I’m setting a 3-day goal.
    I will eat fewer than 2000 calories on March 1, March 2, & March 3.

To do this, I will:
    1. cut out sugar & salty foods. Instead of cookies, I will eat apples & carrots.
    2. Ask my husband to hide the cookies DONE
    3. I will eat at least 15oz total of fruit & veg each day at 3 meals.
    4. I will not use nuts as a snack...instead I will use string cheese or Freggies!
    5. Before each meal, I’ll recite. “My body’s my ally, my friend for life.” & give myself a huge hug. Maybe even have a little dance!

March 1
    March 2
    March 3
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,832 Member
    Options
    So I am in the dirt now. Down and dirty.

I have had someone file an unemployment claim in Tx using my name.

My first week of March is going to be spent dealing with this identity fraud:

1)Notify workplace - check
    2)File police report - in queue - have a service request case # for them to create a fraud report
    3)Notify TWC of the fraud in writing (check done in 2 places) and via phone - left msg on their fraud hotline
    4)Put fraud alert on credit reports.

So, how do I know this happened? Because Sat I received 4 legitimate packages from the Employment commission showing that I had filed.... yikes.

And this is just Monday.

I will update progress as things move. I do NOT think that any money has already been paid out thank goodness but will have to wait until I start getting information back from the various gov organizations.

sigh.

SummerandWinterskier
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    So I am in the dirt now. Down and dirty.

I have had someone file an unemployment claim in Tx using my name.

My first week of March is going to be spent dealing with this identity fraud:

1)Notify workplace - check
    2)File police report - in queue - have a service request case # for them to create a fraud report
    3)Notify TWC of the fraud in writing (check done in 2 places) and via phone - left msg on their fraud hotline
    4)Put fraud alert on credit reports.

So, how do I know this happened? Because Sat I received 4 legitimate packages from the Employment commission showing that I had filed.... yikes.

And this is just Monday.

I will update progress as things move. I do NOT think that any money has already been paid out thank goodness but will have to wait until I start getting information back from the various gov organizations.

sigh.

SummerandWinterskier

I am SO sorry you are dealing with this Summer. Wishing you a speedy resolution.

Maddie
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Maddie, I like the Weekly, I will.

I fell apart at the end of February and am in a restart mode.
    With that in mind,

My goal for this week is to simply fill out a tracker during or at the end of the day as I work on my habits.

I have not used a tracker prior to this and I think it would be helpful for getting back on track. I was making good progress and would like to get back to that place.

If I have a favorite part of March, it is thinking about "in like a lion and out like a lamb." I look forward to the change in weather.

@SummerSkier I just had the same thing happen to me last week. I am a finance person at a small non profit and normally handle the filing with unemployment and other things. I received a letter from the unemployment office addressed to our workplace and opened it wondering what it was. I was stunned to read documents from the state saying that I had filed for unemployment. I ended up having to deal with the fraud from a personal level and also as an employer. It is very disheartening. I did all the things you mentioned and just spent all weekend on my taxes too just to make sure no additional fraud could happen there too. Sending caring thoughts your way!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Maddie, I like the Weekly, I will.

I fell apart at the end of February and am in a restart mode.
    With that in mind,

My goal for this week is to simply fill out a tracker during or at the end of the day as I work on my habits.

I have not used a tracker prior to this and I think it would be helpful for getting back on track. I was making good progress and would like to get back to that place.

If I have a favorite part of March, it is thinking about "in like a lion and out like a lamb." I look forward to the change in weather.

@SummerSkier I just had the same thing happen to me last week. I am a finance person at a small non profit and normally handle the filing with unemployment and other things. I received a letter from the unemployment office addressed to our workplace and opened it wondering what it was. I was stunned to read documents from the state saying that I had filed for unemployment. I ended up having to deal with the fraud from a personal level and also as an employer. It is very disheartening. I did all the things you mentioned and just spent all weekend on my taxes too just to make sure no additional fraud could happen there too. Sending caring thoughts your way!

@znaoiec I love your march1-7 I Will!
    I’m regrouping as well. I managed a sugar free day today with tons of “freggies”. Which I’m tracking in a year tracker in the link we posted at the top of March’s “I Will.”

Im very sorry to hear you went through this, too. 💕
  • 77tes
    Options
    March 1-7 I will do 3 strength workouts ( since strength was my weakness in February). 😜

March 1 - one strength workout done 🏋️‍♀️

My new tracker is set up. Let’s see if I can post the picture I took. MFP has not been letting me post pictures today. Nope
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier I echo Maddie's response to your post about your having identity fraud happen to you 😱😢. I am also truly so very sorry that you are going through this.

And @znaoiec Oh, my goodness, I am also so sorry that you too are going through this identity fraud.

Hugs 🤗 💗 to both of you.

🤠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Maddie, I believe that I could like the new Weekly I will format. I love the photo and how you set up the first March Weekly I Will. Thank you for the work that you put into making it.

My favorite part of March... would probably be that our Red Bud tree will soon break out in bloom... I wonder, however, how the deep freeze we just had will affect our tree ❓

And my equally favorite part of March is that I will be able to work in the yard & gardens soon!!

Short form for tiny habits:
    AFTER I: finish up any morning things that need to get done first that day, but before lunch

I WILL: devote at least an hour to finally dealing with all things in the 'old paper', or 'more difficult to deal with paper tiger' categories, that are plaguing me to just finally finish them all. This will be separate from the paper maintenance that I do nearly every day, as well as the easier files (such as the product manuals) or already gone through several times files, or files that don't require much action or thought processes, or ones that still just need a final going through, or even looking for hidden paper which is mostly easy to deal with when discovered.

This is for any paper that I am just not getting to for any number of reasons, or seem to have real or perceived roadblocks to just getting them finished and/ or started. Or may require multiple actions that need to be done first... someday 🙄.

💥🐯💥

March 1: 💥🐯💥 (This week I will focus on the 'paper phone book' drawer)

This is the drawer under where our land line phone hung for years on the wall in the kitchen. Today I started on the latest phone book that I had started, who knows when 🤷‍♀️.

The plan is always to only copy from the old books any addresses/ information of those businesses or persons whose information is current and to update, and then to do whatever needs to be done to make the rest up to date. You know... updating the change of addresses, add in new names and addresses, and generally getting rid of all the information that has been written on bits and pieces of various papers, address labels from Christmas cards, or information cut out of a flyer or business card information that needs to kept in the actual book.

And to also decide what information actually should live only in our phones, and which better serves us by being in the paper book and not cluttering up our phones. Or perhaps what should be in both places to have a back up to the other.

Today I counted, and was completely surprised, that there are actually now four paper phone books all in various stages of 'getting done' when another one started which was, of course. going to be the 'final one'. There is at least one church directory, and various other papers like old neighborhood flyers, advertisements etc. I've used mostly the latest book now unless the name hadn't been put in there yet, but of course I use my cell phone, so this drawer has never been actually decluttered. It just gets more cluttered very slowly. Some time ago I drastically decluttered the business cards which lived in a bottom of a 'Velvetta Cheese' carton, which fit the drawer perfectly, and was used to coral business cards, a timer or two, and the extra key chain(s) for a key or two that don't belong on the car key rings. Sometimes even a screw driver or two 😄 will fit in there.

So that's what I'm going to take care of first. And see how far I get this week. Today's hour was slow progress 🙃. I didn't do it earlier in the day because I hadn't yet thought about when I should accomplish this, and also I was distracted by DH watching TV and being home. That is why I now plan to do it much earlier in the day while it is quiet.

🤠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,832 Member
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »

Well I am starting to wonder if this is not extremely widespread right now all over the country.
    Mar 2 update:
    Finally received a call back from the Police Dept and was able to get a Case # assigned. I am sure the financial crimes detective will be contacting me soon (like this year? lol). Anyway, was able to provide that to my work HR because I did not want THEM thinking I was up to fraud also. I have heard nothing from the Tex Employment Agency and per their form and website it could be up to 5 business days before they review. So, that's on THEM if they start paying money out to some fraudster.

I am looking forward to see how progress is made this week with just the small bite of weekly to work on. ;)

Summer

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    All of your goals are so good and also inspire me to look at different areas to improve. I feel like I've done a lot during the past year of isolation at home. But there are things that I've been spinning my wheels over and I want to gain some traction now. I love the This Week idea this month and I'm going to have a monthly goal and break it into 4 parts. I got a little start in Feb. and made charts to determine what is important in my life. I was a little sad when I realized that I love learning French, but I will never be good enough to use it or know anyone to speak it with, so while I am not eliminating it, I will be cutting way back on the time I spend on it. I was left with 6 areas of focus.

I have a saying that I wrote down and put on my work table so I see it constantly. Pretty sure it's a James Clear quote but not 100%. It says:
    "The problem isn't lack of motivation. The problem is lack of clarity."

Week 1 of March: I WILL find clarity in my goals (process and purpose), and decide what habits need to be established to achieve each goal.

@texasgardnr I have my original phone book from the '70s and still use it. It has had so many updates, it's hard to read! Between all my kids and nieces and nephews and their moves throughout their lives from college to marriage and in-between, I bet I scratched out or erased a couple dozen addresses. Now the current ones are on my phone so heaven help me if I ever lose that! But your message reminded me that that drawer really needs a good decluttering!

• MadisonMolly2017
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I’m setting a 3-day goal.
    I will eat fewer than 2000 calories on March 1, March 2, & March 3.

To do this, I will:
    1. cut out sugar & salty foods. Instead of cookies, I will eat apples & carrots.
    2. Ask my husband to hide the cookies DONE
    3. I will eat at least 15oz total of fruit & veg each day at 3 meals.
    4. I will not use nuts as a snack...instead I will use string cheese or Freggies!
    5. Before each meal, I’ll recite. “My body’s my ally, my friend for life.” & give myself a huge hug. Maybe even have a little dance!

🌺🌸🌼🌸🌺🌼🌸🌸🌺🌸🌸🌺🌼🌼
    March 1 calories ✅+ex, ✅no sugar ✅freggies ❌nuts/snack
    1/3 ✅ Ally- one meal (forgot)

March 2

March 3
  • 77tes
    Options
    Here’s my March tracker as of yesterday morning

oabzrl4n9r4h.jpeg
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier and @znaoiec I'm sorry you had your identity stolen. What a mess to clean up! People who have nothing better to do than make trouble for others need to get a life (or maybe a life sentence?)

@MadisonMolly2017 Now there's a real plan...detailed and specific! It's the kind of goal - process - procedure kind of plan I'm working on. Great example!

@77tes I love your new habit tracker! It's similar to your other ones with add-ons. I'm sure you'll enjoy using it.

Welcome to the new members of the group!

My favorite part of March hasn't arrived yet. The first real sign of spring for me is when the frogs start croaking in the evening and don't quit all night. One night it's silent...the next it's full of croaks and it doesn't quit until the waterholes dry up. It's one of my favorite sounds <3 I also spend much of this month trying to find a hint of green in the road ditches and in the trees along the river. So far, nothing, but I'll keep looking!