WEEK ONE โ€œI Willโ€ March 1 - March 7, 2021 ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Today I spent a lot of time reflecting on what I want my life to look like and what steps I can take to make it happen. I decided on 5 areas (goals) to work on. But for now, the habit I WILL be developing is accountability for my actions. I made 5 focus trackers, each has a goal and I made several timelines below for habits that will help meet that goal. For example, Health is one goal. I will be monitoring exercise, steps count, food, sleep, vitamins, and water before coffee. Even though it sounds complicated, it's just being accountable and saying what I did, or that I didn't do anything :s, and that's a pretty tiny but mighty habit to develop, I think.

Good luck to everybody this month!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Week One: Working on any paper(s) that I have had a problem starting or finishing what needs to be done with them, beginning with everything in the 'telephone book drawer'.

๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ (This week I will focus on the 'paper phone book drawer')

March 1: ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ
    March 2: ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ

๐Ÿค ๐ŸŒบ
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    ]Iโ€™m setting a 3-day goal.
    I will eat fewer than 2000 calories on March 1, March 2, & March 3.

To do this, I will:
    1. cut out sugar & salty foods. Instead of cookies, I will eat apples & carrots.
    2. Ask my husband to hide the cookies DONE
    3. I will eat at least 15oz total of fruit & veg each day at 3 meals.
    4. I will not use nuts as a snack...instead I will use string cheese or Freggies!
    5. Before each meal, Iโ€™ll recite. โ€œMy bodyโ€™s my ally, my friend for life.โ€ & give myself a huge hug. Maybe even have a little dance!

๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ
    March 1 calories โœ…+ex, โœ…no sugar โœ…freggies โŒnuts/snack
    1/3 โœ… Ally- one meal (forgot)

March 2 โŒโœ…โŒโœ…โŒ1/3

Restarting my 3 days March 3 - will take a bit to get this in place.

March 3

• texasgardnr
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 that is great insight to go ahead and restart while continuing to work through the adjustment period. You definitely will succeed!!

Week One: Working on any paper(s) that I have had a problem starting or finishing what needs to be done with them, beginning with everything in the 'telephone book drawer'.

March 3: ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ

๐Ÿค ๐ŸŒบ
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ]Iโ€™m setting a 3-day goal.
    I will eat fewer than 2000 calories on March 1, March 2, & March 3.

To do this, I will:
    1. cut out sugar & salty foods. Instead of cookies, I will eat apples & carrots.
    2. Ask my husband to hide the cookies DONE
    3. I will eat at least 15oz total of fruit & veg each day at 3 meals.
    4. I will not use nuts as a snack...instead I will use string cheese or Freggies!
    5. Before each meal, Iโ€™ll recite. โ€œMy bodyโ€™s my ally, my friend for life.โ€ & give myself a huge hug. Maybe even have a little dance!

๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ
    March 1 calories โœ…+ex, โœ…no sugar โœ…freggies โŒnuts/snack
    1/3 โœ… Ally- one meal (forgot)

March 2 โŒโœ…โŒโœ…โŒ1/3

Restarting my 3 days March 3 - will take a bit to get this in place.

March 3 โœ…+ex, โŒ, โœ…, โœ…, Ally - 0/3 forgot
    Successes:
    * did Not go back into kitchen at night
    * limited sugar
    * Ex is staying at high level despite grief & fatigue from meds.

• nebslp
    Options
    This week is going well for me. My system is motivating and is keeping me focused. Iโ€™m a little ADD๐Ÿคช so I am easily distracted. Notice I left out the H (hyperactivity)๐Ÿ˜‚.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Iโ€™m sorry, Maddie, if I missed something. Did your comment about grief have to do with the meds? Iโ€™m sorry if something happened thatโ€™s making you feel sad.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Hi all... Just a quick 4 March check in.

Mz Maddie, it sounds like you are struggling a little. Many hugs. You have persevered thru a lot and this is hopefully just a small bump which will smooth out with time. Be kind to yourself and if it is too hard, remember it is OK to just focus on one small thing. Like maybe just cals in.

@nebslp I like that you have a system which is motivating you. I liked the little spiral bound tracker which Kathy shared so much that I bought one from Amazon. LOL.

Not much new to report on the fraud front. I feel like the next steps are in the emplyment state agency hands and I have done as much as I can do to be proactive at this point. I did locate my old unemplyment folder from years and years ago (2005) so I could see the account which was hacked. I know a specific password had been compromised years back by the credit Karma reports I get and had changed everything I could remember but who knows ALL the accounts we have out there in the "dark" recesses of the internet. I certainly did not remember this one nor think it could be reactivated. sheesh.

Summer
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier I hope all goes well and the hackers get caught which probably doesn't happen very often...the getting caught part, not the going well. I have so many random passwords that I forgot or have written down somewhere and are in my ipad notes but I keep changing them because I can't find them or remember them. It's crazy!! I really need to work on decluttering that some day and get those organized! (sigh).But like you said, there's so much out there that we aren't even aware of. I'm sure it will work out, it's just a pain to have to deal with that because someone wants to get easy money.

@MadisonMolly2017 I like your "did not go back into the kitchen at night" comment. Good job on getting all the checks!

I have a couple things that I want to do yet tonight. Steps count is low and I need to move. It's great to declutter papers and small areas but the numbers don't add up very fast that way. I will go for a walk through my house reading a book on my iPad for awhile. Should have gone out for a walk but it was colder and windy today and I used that as my excuse (not reason) :s
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: ยป
    @MadisonMolly2017 Iโ€™m sorry, Maddie, if I missed something. Did your comment about grief have to do with the meds? Iโ€™m sorry if something happened thatโ€™s making you feel sad.

@nebslp
    Sorry, I didnโ€™t want to โ€œbring downโ€ the convo. Our sweet cat faded & after some vet meds, almost immediately got worse. So we made the tough call. And at the time I realized she likely would not live much longer, I developed Non serious fluttering heart...ER, dr visits, several heavy duty tests.

Iโ€™m angry when I really think about it. 10million + steps over the past few years, lost 75 lbs & kept it off, and โ€œthis is the thanks I get!!!!โ€ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Anyway, โ€œnot dangerousโ€ & the half pill of very low dose med is taking cate of it all. Makes me sluggish & ravenous, but I think those may be caused more by losing my fine baby & dealing with an unexpected health issue.

Iโ€™m Slowly getting back on track food wise. Been keeping the exercise high - seems to help a lot.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,981 Member
    Options
    Got my second strength workout in ๐Ÿ˜Š
    March 1 ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ
    March 3 ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,981 Member
    Options
    Oh @MadisonMolly2017 , Iโ€™m so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved cat. It is so hard to lose a pet. Then add the health issues and hunger inducing meds- be kind to yourself and donโ€™t dismiss your grief - it is real.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 You have been under so much stress. Iโ€™m glad the meds are helping and hope youโ€™re feeling better soon. Also, Iโ€™m very sorry to hear about your cat. Our pets become family so their absence so sorely missed. Take some time to process your loss and take care of of yourself.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Oh, Maddie, I am so sorry that your kitty fur baby passed, and then on top of that you are having unexpected health issues even after taking care of your health and fitness all these years. And then you had to endure all sorts of testing and doctor appointments. And as if that is not enough the medication is making you sluggish & ravenous.

Triple hugs ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’— to you. And take extra special care of yourself during this tough time for you ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿค—

@SummerSkier That is awful to know that a very old account can still be hacked. Hoping for a good outcome when all is said and done for you. But how aggravating in the meantime ๐Ÿ˜–.

@nebslp That is wonderful that this week is going well for you ๐Ÿ‘, and that you're finding that your system is both motivating and keeping you focused. That is good news!!

@77tes It is quite excellent that you have gotten your second strength ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ workout in now! You are on a roll!

March 4: ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ

๐Ÿค ๐ŸŒบ
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: ยป
    Oh @MadisonMolly2017 , Iโ€™m so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved cat. It is so hard to lose a pet. Then add the health issues and hunger inducing meds- be kind to yourself and donโ€™t dismiss your grief - it is real.

Thank you @77tes. Helpful advice- thank you. Itโ€™s always too soon.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: ยป
    @MadisonMolly2017 You have been under so much stress. Iโ€™m glad the meds are helping and hope youโ€™re feeling better soon. Also, Iโ€™m very sorry to hear about your cat. Our pets become family so their absence so sorely missed. Take some time to process your loss and take care of of yourself.

@nebslp Thank you so much. Stress, I guess, can have consequences. Yes, I will - thank you. Grief is certainly energy zapping.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    โ€œ@MadisonMolly2017 Oh, Maddie, I am so sorry that your kitty fur baby passed, and then on top of that you are having unexpected health issues even after taking care of your health and fitness all these years. And then you had to endure all sorts of testing and doctor appointments. And as if that is not enough the medication is making you sluggish & ravenous.

Triple hugs ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’— to you. And take extra special care of yourself during this tough time for you ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿค—โ€

Thank you @texasgardnr. I called her my feline baby (mistyped it up above) because she always was a kitten to me...but lived a long, perfectly healthy life for almost all of her 17 years 10 months.

Having both the fluttering AND her worsening simultaneously has shifted my grief for the loss of her into the background, perhaps self-preservation.

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I have learned to hate the #17. I have never been able to keep a kit past that age. Like you I was very grateful to a <3 kitty who helped me thru some rough times when my parents were ill and passed. And also dealing with the extra heart beat issue. I agree. So totally NOT FAIR.

I know you will figure this out as you have so much else in the past few years. Hugs from Austin.

Summer
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I have learned to hate the #17. I have never been able to keep a kit past that age. Like you I was very grateful to a <3 kitty who helped me thru some rough times when my parents were ill and passed. And also dealing with the extra heart beat issue. I agree. So totally NOT FAIR.

I know you will figure this out as you have so much else in the past few years. Hugs from Austin.

Summer

Thank you @SummerSkier - your message helped a lot. xx
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Just thought I'd send you some extra hugs ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’— as we head into the weekend.

March 4: ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ
    March 5: ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ

๐Ÿค ๐ŸŒบ