Leslie Sansone March 2021 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

It is already March, 2021, and time to start a new monthly challenge! Spring 🌼 is almost right around the corner, if not here already for some walkers! This is another extraordinarily awesome month for us to continue to walk together! There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what the first two months may have brought us so far this year. Every month is another opportunity because we are walking strong, not just for the current month, but hopefully for a lifetime.

Are the trees beginning to leaf 🌳 out, or are tiny flowers or bulbs peeking up through the snow for you, because March is coming in like a lamb? Then getting outdoors to walk your miles will ensure that we won't miss any spring flowers or the beautiful budding trees as they begin to announce spring is finally here.
Or is the March lion peeking around the bushes ready to bring in yet more cold or β›„snow? Either way walking outdoors is an important part of fitness walking, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes outdoors when possible. But either way, thankfully, having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs πŸ“€, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors and one of the main way that we get our walk on here.

This group is open to any and all walkers however you get your walk in. So come on in and join us!

Whenever you are posting what you have accomplished please remember to also share any strength training or other types of workouts that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month πŸ“… , so change it up however you would like to.

If you find this group in the middle of the month it truly doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you hope to accomplish during the remaining days of this month. It is never too late to join in :) , you are always welcome!

Let's tie up our shoes πŸ‘Ÿ and get some water πŸ’§, and start walking with a smile πŸ˜… this month.

Walk πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ, walk πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ, walk πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ.

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
Β«134

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Happy March. I'm ready for the Spring thaw to set in.

Month Goals

Milage Goal: 70 Miles
    Apple Watch Goal: Close all 3 rings 4x this month.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @Deeder522 great mileage and Apple Watch goals this month!

When the weather evens out a bit from handing us deep freezing temps then back up to 80 degrees, and now back down to the low 40s then again on up to the low 80s going into next week, I will have a lot of yard/garden/ porch plants outside yard work. Everything has frozen completely from last week's big freeze that we have not seen the likes of in the almost 30 years living in this area. Even the two plants we stashed in the garage might not make it. Looks like it might be time to change things up a bit πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸŒΌ. Which means more diversified active yard work movement. Which I very much need.

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 πŸ‚.

March 1: 60 minutes: outside walking, gazelle, and a little indoor walking,

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • damselfly7981
    damselfly7981 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Monthly goal: 5X a week for 30 min a day
    3/2 15 min LS 128 avg bpm
    3/1 30 min LS 122 avg bpm
  • damselfly7981
    Options
    3/2 15 min LS 128 avg bpm and another LS 1 mile after work 126 bpm
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @texasgardnr The weather is acting crazy anymore and was really unkind in Texas! I am glad you are okay and did get to see some beautiful snow. I love snow and winter and although I finally saw a couple of good snows in February, I would have much rather had that in December!
    Gardening should keep you plenty busy moving forward. I hope it's a challenge you will enjoy.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    March Goal: 135 purposeful exercise miles plus 6 days a week of strength

March 1: 5 Boosted Miles + 33 min HASfit muscle building strength for legs w/weights
    March 2: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 30 min HASfit arms strength w/dumbbells

11 out of 135 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Goal: 2 Strength workouts and 1 yoga workout each week.

3/1.....30 minutes of light weights, lot's of reps, miles 1 and 2 of 5 Boosted Miles
    3/2.....42 minutes of 3 Fast & Fun miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @damselfly7981 You are working out strong πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸ’— !

@AnnofB great miles and strength πŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ workouts!

@VeggieGirlforLife excellent workouts πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺ ! Yes, I really enjoy yard/ garden work. It's definitely going to be a lot of extra work πŸ˜… because of the deep freeze.

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 πŸ‚.

March 2: Had to take a rest day today πŸ˜₯ (ankles hurting more)

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Started today with 20min Brisk Walk from youtube.
    Really hoping to be more consistent in my walks and training with the possibility of going to Disney World next month.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Goal for March is 2 mile (30 minute Walks/day) and adding strength training (probably Tone Every Zone) mid March for a total of 3.5 miles/day or 108.5 miles for the month.

March 1-Migraine Headache- Vivofit tracked .7 miles (and frankly they had to be trips to the bathroom!)=.7 miles total
    March 2 -Residual Migraine-Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles=2.2 miles total
    March 3-WAP Ultimate Collection-2 mile Brisk Walk=4.2 miles total

Well March certainly came in like a lion for me!!! :grumble: I have not had a Migraine headache since we went on Lock-down last March! I have no idea what caused it as they are usually stress related and I am certainly not all that stressed now. It will just have to be one of those Mysteries of March I guess! :wink:

@texasgardnr -It was so good to read your post and those "northern skills" do come in handy when we need them. Of course your heater acted up-you needed it!!!! Isn't that always the way??? Considering all that you Texans went through, you kept up with your workouts. I loved this entry: "February 16-20: no water or need to boil water = no actual 'exercise', but still up and about" LOL some days are just like that in the winter! I am so relieved to know you and your family got through it OK. I feel bad for your plants though as we have had late freezes before and lost plants as a result. Glad you are back.

@VeggieGirlforLife -No worries about being "long winded" as I know exactly how you feel. I climbed a 4,098' foot mountain 2 years ago and I was stunned at how strong and sure footed I was. Fitness sneaks up on you little by little if you keep at it. I am not sure I'll be up to a 4,000'climb this summer, but I will be up to the 2,265' one next to my house! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • damselfly7981
    Options
    3/3 15 min LS before work, another 1 mile plus the walk ab video 10 min
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options

March 1: 5 Boosted Miles + 33 min HASfit muscle building strength for legs w/weights
    March 2: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 30 min HASfit arms strength w/dumbbells
    March 3: 5 Mile Advanced Walk + 30 min HASfit legs & glutes strength

16 out of 135 miles
  • texasgardnr
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @Deeder522 You will definitely do a lot of walking πŸ‘Ÿ at Disney World. I lived near there for a while back in the later 70s, and many of my northern girlfriends would come and visit me, and we'd go hang out together at Disney World and be kids again.

@zichab I am so sorry that March brought you a Migraine Headache. Bless your heart, and head. But looks like today you are back on track!
    Thanks for your note! Surprisingly the daylilies and the Asiatic Lilies are all popping up in their boxes. I'm not sure if they were already up a little during the freeze or just sprang into grow mode quickly πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜².

@damselfly7981 You are going strong πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸ’— .

@VeggieGirlforLife Awesome combination of workouts πŸ˜… .

March 2: Rest day today
    March 3: 60 minutes: rebounder, gazelle, indoor walking

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Goal for March is 2 mile (30 minute Walks/day) and adding strength training (probably Tone Every Zone) mid March for a total of 3.5 miles/day or 108.5 miles for the month.

March 1-Migraine Headache- Vivofit tracked .7 miles (and frankly they had to be trips to the bathroom!)=.7 miles total
    March 2 -Residual Migraine-Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles=2.2 miles total
    March 3-WAP Ultimate Collection-2 mile Brisk Walk=4.2 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=6.2 miles total
    March 4-WAH 2 Mile Sweat (you Tube)-8.2 miles total

4 miles yesterday!!! That is more like it!!! I need more days like thisif I am going to make up for the first two paltry days.

@texasgardnr -I thought of you immediately when we were watching the traffic accident pile ups and the ice and snow in Texas. Generally, when we hear about Texas is has to do with your governor, not the weather or massive power outages! :noway: All of us here are spread out over the entire country so things that happen in the various states now effect all of us. It's nice actually to know others are watching out for us. Daylilies are kind of hardy as they will even grow up here in the mountains. It takes a hard freeze to do them in each fall. I am not familiar with Asiatic Lilies, but they may be a hardier plant as well. At least some of your garden was spared. :smile:

Walk Strong Everyone!! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Goal: 2 Strength workouts and 1 yoga workout each week.

3/1.....30 minutes of light weights, lot's of reps, miles 1 and 2 of 5 Boosted Miles
    3/2.....42 minutes of 3 Fast & Fun miles
    3/3.....34 minutes of Burn & Firm Pilates, 31 minutes doing Mile 1 & 5 of 5 Miracle Miles
    3/4.....53 minutes of Burn to the Beat
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options

March 3: 5 Mile Advanced Walk + 30 min HASfit legs & glutes strength
    March 4: 6 Miles ~ 4 Miles Punch Up Your Walk + 2 Miles WATP Express + 20 min HASfit biceps w/dumbbells

22 out of 135 miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @zichab You got this! Look at you go πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜… again. Good for you!!
    As you said "It's nice actually to know others are watching out for us." That is very true! We do have a lovely and caring group here, for which I am most grateful πŸ’—. Our world is truly getting smaller and smaller in that what happens in another state politically, or weather wise is almost instantly known everywhere.

@AnnofB Great workouts! You are definitely πŸ”₯ to that beat!

@VeggieGirlforLife I've always liked those Leslie Express Walks! Excellent workout πŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ !

March 4: 50 minutes: gazelle, indoor walking

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • damselfly7981
    Options
    3/4 15 min happy walk LS, 15 min week 6 LS gang, & 15 min low impact (lunges, squats)
  • damselfly7981
    Options
    I decided to do the morning 15 even though wasn't in the mood. 2000 steps before 6 am.
    3/5 15 min Steel city 123 bpm
    3/4 15 min happy walk LS 118 bpm, 15 min week 6 LS gang 132 bpm, & 15 min low impact (lunges, squats) 111 bpm
  • texasgardnr
    Options

March 4: 50 minutes: gazelle, indoor walking
    March 5: 60 minutes: rebounder, gazelle, indoor walking

texasgardnr 🀠🌺