My Journey Begins

Options
CholeRoad
CholeRoad Posts: 47 Member
I started my reset 2 weeks ago. Before that I done a diet which I started at 1700 calories and after 10 weeks had come down to 1400. I lost 10 lbs along the way.

I upped my calories to 1800 when I found this forum as my BMR is around 1400 and I am pretty active. I was a bit worried about increasing calories and if I was increasing it by too much but so far it has been great.

I weigh myself daily and work out the average for the week. I have eaten around 1800 calories daily for 2 weeks now and my average weight has stayed the same at 72.7kg/160lbs. My fat % has gone from 43.7 to 42.9. That is a loss of 0.7kg/1.5lbs. I am 5 ft 1. This week I am increasing my calories to 1900 and will eat like this for the next 2 weeks.

Anyone else on this journey?

Spirit

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Nice improvement. So much easier to lose when eating closer to normal, and getting full benefit from any workouts.

Just to forewarn you though - that BF% is not nearly as accurate as it sounds like you think it is.

That is a calculation on statistical averages, not a measurement, and water weight vastly changes it.
    It is not intended for weekly or biweekly figures to tell a story - you need several months of figures to tell a story of a trend line.

Because you could easily jump up in the figure by 5% and likely be devastated if you thought it was actually a useful figure.
    It's 10-20% accurate.

Measuring like 3 times in a row will tell you how consistent it is. Hopefully it is, that makes a trend easier to see.

Keep up the good work.